Author Topic: Tweeking out OS X and the new Mozilla  (Read 833 times)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Tweeking out OS X and the new Mozilla
« on: 27 April 2002, 02:18 »
www.resexcellence.com

Has an excellent article on how to change OS X's swap partition to either another drive or another partition.

OS X has continually been critsized for being somewhat sluggish or iresponsive compared to the snappy feel of older MacOS's. This has improved quite a bit with the fast apearing updates, 10.1.4 shows a deffinit speed improvement over even 10.1

But still folks complain.

I got my hands on a second HD (their going pretty cheep now adays) for video editing type stuff. And I did the swap partition thing at the beginning of the new drive.

I am plesed to report that the results are phenomenal! The speed and snappyness of the interface are noticably improved and I would recomend any OS X user do this to their copy of OS X. Even if you don't have a second HD, a swap partition on a single HD is said to boot performance as well (all beit not as dramattic as the HD set up).

Now on to Mozilla RC 1

Simply said, fast, reliable, stable. All the qurky glitches that were scatterd over the previous relese are gone. Page rendering is very fast, and it's a damn good browser overall. Best on the Mac IMHO!

ok folks, just thought Id let ya know, hope this was helpfull  :D
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2002, 02:22 »
i've never used Mozilla on a mac, but i must say that it is fucking sweet-ass on Red Hat.  
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2002, 07:59 »
Ok, so I just made my comp soooo cool  :D .. It is sooo fast and tweeked, I love it!

I wan't to post some screens... I'll see if I can find a URL I can host them at. Check back later!
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR