Author Topic: Apple's Revenge  (Read 1899 times)

solarflare

• Kudos: 0
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #15 on: 6 May 2004, 02:29 »
quote:
Originally posted by Kasracer:

OS X is horrible. I had to use it for several years doing graphic design and that fucker crashed more than Windows 98. It wasn't just 1 computer with a specific setting either, it was well over 50 computers. I had to save every 2 seconds in photoshop because it would randomly reboot.

OS X's BSOD is quite nasty too. It's also annoying when it says a program has froze, click here to close it. When you go to click it, the system fucking locks up.

The OS is slow as shit too. It feels like I'm using an OS entirely made out of Java with the nasty UI. Expose is a nifty feature, but has no real purpose for me because it's quicker and more efficient to use keys or the dock to switch between applications.

I would, honestly, rather use Gentoo or Windows as an environment to get my computer work done.

So you have been using OS X for several years??

REALLY THATS VERY STRANGE AS OS X HAS ONLY BEEN AROUND 3 YEARS!!

Your statement is absolute BOLLOCKS!

You obviously mean OS 9 or 8.

For your information I am a designer with over 14 years experience and Mac OS X wipes winblows ass.

I also run my own media company and we wont touch windows pcs with a bargepole! Recently we upgraded to G5s and had a bulk delivery of 50 macs and are now totally running OS X 10.3.3 Panther.

The next step is to get rid of that shit piece of crap betaware called microsoft office.

It NEVER crashes - is fast - intuitive and is the most secure and stable operating system in existance.

How many days will it be when longhorn is released that we hear about the next longhorn virus - I reckon a longhorn virus will hit pc windblows after about 5 days after it's released.

Lime

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #16 on: 6 May 2004, 02:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:
What was your former nickname, Lime?

[ May 05, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]

Ecsyle.

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #17 on: 6 May 2004, 03:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Lime:

Ecsyle.

Yeah, that name sort of rings a bell...  ;)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #18 on: 6 May 2004, 03:13 »
For all who think it
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

Lime

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #19 on: 6 May 2004, 03:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:

Yeah, that name sort of rings a bell...   ;)  

Claris

• Kudos: 109
    • http://hompage.mac.com/neonsoldierx/PhotoAlbum3.html
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #20 on: 6 May 2004, 05:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by Kasracer:

OS X is horrible. I had to use it for several years doing graphic design and that fucker crashed more than Windows 98. It wasn't just 1 computer with a specific setting either, it was well over 50 computers. I had to save every 2 seconds in photoshop because it would randomly reboot.

OS X's BSOD is quite nasty too. It's also annoying when it says a program has froze, click here to close it. When you go to click it, the system fucking locks up.

Maybe you just *thought* it was crashing from switching between 50 computers all day.

What I find suspicious is your calling OSX's "BSOD" nasty. First off, it's not a BSOD. There's nothing blue on it. I think what you are referring to is the "[Application] has unexpectedly quit" message. That message is usually the result of the app, not the system, and the entire point of it is informing you something crashed, but whatever it was the SYSTEM wasn't it.

The closest thing Apple has to a BSOD is the kernel panic display. In earlier versions of OSX the kernel panic was a string of DOS-like text scrolling down your screen. In 10.3, the kernel panic is a gray box that says in several languages "You need to restart your computer." Not that "nasty", seeing as it is just a gray box. The nasty part of it is when it occurs to you the reason they have all languages displayed is because the system is so far gone that it can't even access your language preference.  :D

Mac OS X crashes so rarely that it's parallel to the viruses it gets: It almost never happens, but when it does, it's big.
Windows: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Mandrake

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #21 on: 6 May 2004, 23:24 »
I'd say some of the Apple fans here are taking things just a little too seriosuly ;)

Kasracer: You, sir, are an idiot. I've not had a Mac for long, but it's never crashed (running Panther). It's very quick as well, very responsive and snappy. It runs no slower than my Pentium 4 running a 2K/Linux combo.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #22 on: 7 May 2004, 00:26 »
quote:

Ecsyle.

Ecsyle?? What happened to your old account?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2004, 01:08 »
quote:
Originally posted by xeen:

I don't think that was the problem.  :rolleyes:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Lime

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2004, 01:13 »
quote:

I got pissed off at this place and randomized my password. lol?

Safari

• http://Google.com
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #25 on: 7 May 2004, 04:26 »
ok, laukev, lemmie guess, your a windows user. ok, now, I got to say OS X has only crashed using Limewire, cuz its a old G3. But, OS X nearly never crashes naturaly. Seriously. It Will crash if you fuck it up, of course.  
HAMSTAR!

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #26 on: 7 May 2004, 05:08 »
Anything can crash if you "fuck it up"!
Go the fuck ~

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #27 on: 7 May 2004, 05:12 »
quote:

I got pissed off at this place and randomized my password. lol?

lol...many people have done it. Why not just get Refalm to undo what you did?

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #28 on: 7 May 2004, 05:17 »
Kasracer is a faggot. He likes to suck big juicy cock!

How do I know this? Because anybody with the name "kasracer" is obviously a dicklick.

Fuck you, kasracer, you eat shit.
Go the fuck ~

Lime

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #29 on: 7 May 2004, 06:35 »
quote:

lol...many people have done it. Why not just get Refalm to undo what you did?

one step ahead. He has remedied the situation.