Author Topic: Apple's Revenge  (Read 1898 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #30 on: 7 May 2004, 20:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Mac OS X Jaguar:
ok, laukev, lemmie guess, your a windows user. ok, now, I got to say OS X has only crashed using Limewire, cuz its a old G3. But, OS X nearly never crashes naturaly. Seriously. It Will crash if you fuck it up, of course.    

Er, wha? What did I say against Mac OS?  :confused:

Chaplin

• Kudos: 0
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #31 on: 21 June 2004, 11:30 »
alright your FULL-O-CRAP. I also run with a media/sound company and have never had OSX ( 10.3 ) crash on me. I love macs and my personal one ( 900 G3) can beat the pants off any PC ( piece of crap) OK now that ive vented for today time to sleep
"Everything that has a beginning has an end....UNIX WILL RULE THE WORLD!!"

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #32 on: 22 June 2004, 00:24 »
Hi. Thanks for reviving this old thread.

jjoonathan

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #33 on: 12 July 2004, 21:08 »
I know exactly what he means and what happend. To reproduce it do this:
1 Open Safari
2 Type "BSOD" in the google box
3 Click on some image that looks like teh BSOD.

WOW! Without fail it manages to popup a BSOD (with a safari window around it, little details  ;)   ) Then, to git read of it the simplest way (for a windows user), you have to hit the restart buttton. Hitting apple-opt-esc, or clicking the red dod, or hitting back, or hitting apple-Q(or W or M) etc are all more energy consuming to hit </sarcasm> <reality>MACS R00L!</reality>  :D    :D    :D

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #34 on: 12 July 2004, 23:03 »
heh. that's why I ditched Apple.

I got tired of supporting a company that had no interest in supporting me. that and panther sucks shit. It's inferior to Jag in every way... especially in speed and stability. beyond that, I was sick of Apple telling me that my less than 3 year old computer is junk.

Remember, Tiger is G5 only. All you winners who bought a G4-powered Mac this year, Steve says you can get fucked!
Go the fuck ~

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #35 on: 12 July 2004, 23:55 »
quote:
JimmyJames: GenSTEP Founder: heh. that's why I ditched Apple.

So you're planning to buy a PC now?

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #36 on: 13 July 2004, 00:19 »
quote:
Remember, Tiger is G5 only.

It's known to work on PearPC, which emulates a G3.

[ July 12, 2004: Message edited by: WMD ]

My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Apple's Revenge
« Reply #37 on: 13 July 2004, 03:26 »
Refalm, already got one. I've got Red Hat 9 installed and I'm liking it.

I'm also liking... GOD FORBID... Windows.
Go the fuck ~

Praxis

Apple's Revenge
« Reply #38 on: 24 July 2004, 21:18 »
You're all right.  Absolutely.  My Mac has crashed before.  It was that time when I dropped it, and the impact knocked the wireless card out of place and shorted the whole system, causing a kernel panic...
</sarcasm>

Other than that hardware issue, my PowerBook (running Panther) has never crashed.  What is wrong with you people?

quote:

heh. that's why I ditched Apple.

I got tired of supporting a company that had no interest in supporting me. that and panther sucks shit. It's inferior to Jag in every way... especially in speed and stability. beyond that, I was sick of Apple telling me that my less than 3 year old computer is junk.

Are you insane?  Having illusions?  Lying?  Joking?

1) Apples are known for lasting a long time.  Check out how much iBook G3 233's are selling for on ebay.
2) Panther has been TESTED (by me and others) and benchmarked (i've read 3rd party benchmarks AND Apple's benchmarks).  It is DEFINITELY faster than Jaguar, DEFINITELY more stable, and superior in EVERY WAY.  I can not find one thing in Panther that is not better than Jaguar.

quote:

Remember, Tiger is G5 only. All you winners who bought a G4-powered Mac this year, Steve says you can get fucked!

Again, are you joking?
Nobody *ever* said it was G5 only.  Yes, I watched the whole WWDC.

For price:

iBook G4, for $1099, $999 with education discount.

1GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache @ 1GHz
12-inch TFT Display
1024x768 resolution
256MB DDR266 SDRAM
30GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
32MB DDR video memory
AirPort Extreme ready

Find me another PC with 4 to 6 hour battery life, good processor, 30 gig hard drive, DVD/CD-RW, AND a Radeon 9200 graphics card...for under $1100.

EDIT:  Please do not make multiple posts.  If you want to say more, just edit you last post.

[ July 24, 2004: Message edited by: Paladin ]