Author Topic: Sweet Soul Music  (Read 904 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Sweet Soul Music
« on: 17 July 2002, 15:16 »
The subject title is somewhat blurry, but what the hell...

Do you think Macs got souls, as I do? I think of my three Macs as having souls. I have an iMac, an LC 475 and one LC 630. The last one doesn
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

choasmaster

• Kudos: 0
Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2002, 15:26 »
i don't think so, cuase my powerbook would have been much nicer with the networking, then agian, its probably the way i think. instead of say haveing everything central to the main computer, or the laptop or even a pda, i take /*atleast i think its suns*/ aproach to things and everything is central to my network, if it can't access my network, its useless to me, when i use a system in my room like the powerbook, i feel as though im disconented from it all, and can't do much/*well, it is kinda true*/
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

the_black_angel

Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2002, 18:16 »
Ofcourse mac have souls how could you doubt it. All macs have souls just as cars do. Andrew (my tower) is a gentle old soul who wouldn't hurt a flea and is as helpful as it can possibly be. He is ellegic to Microsoft Programs for some reason though. Even IE which is supposed to work seamlessly on Mac OS X/G4 does not work properly.

Never doubt, it is true
--
The Black Angel

choasmaster

Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2002, 18:34 »
then my powerbook is a complete asshole/*or i am obbsessed with ethernet*/
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2002, 20:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by choasmaster:
then my powerbook is a complete asshole/*or i am obbsessed with ethernet*/

Hmmm... I don't know why you are having so much eathernet porblems with your Pbook.

I keep around an old 7500 PPC for video capturing and I installed an eathernet card. It works with it.

Have you been unable to find such a thing for an old Pbook? Or does it even exist  :(

Oh well...

Anyway.

Yes, Mac's have a soul. I have said it once and I will say it again. When wiondoze users usualy only have a PC or my computer. We have a Mac, no self respecting Mac user would say otherwise. Mac's smile at you when you turn them on. Their nice to you, and you love em.

I dunno, people love thir Mac's, they just care about utilitarianism and functionality with their Wintel boxes. Does anyone know if the article "the computer that smiled" is online somewhere?

That about sums up the mac user experience.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

ravuya

• VIP
Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2002, 20:51 »
I don't know about a soul but they do have personality and I've grown quite attached to them. Even my old LC 1 (68020 @ 16MHz) is still getting used.

cocoamix

Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2002, 20:09 »
My Macs are an intergral part of my existence. Mine are personalized in every conceivable way.
My Wintel machine is a cold box of ugly circuits that I only see as a dead machine I do my day job on.
That's just how I feel. Your mileage will vary.

badkarma

• VIP
Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2002, 20:16 »
Now I'm a pretty big computer geek and all that, but if I started naming my computers (or consoles ... or whatever) I think I'd contemplate committing suicide  :rolleyes:
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2002, 21:27 »
quote:
Originally posted by BadKarma:
Now I'm a pretty big computer geek and all that, but if I started naming my computers (or consoles ... or whatever) I think I'd contemplate committing suicide   :rolleyes:  

The university where I was studying a few years ago named their Macs after well known employees at the university.

My main computer is simply called "Carl
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
Sweet Soul Music
« Reply #9 on: 22 July 2002, 00:22 »
I think its the opposite, I think Macs have no souls, that is why they always work.  Then Windows machines do have souls, usually evil ones, that is why they don't work ever.

But Hell, I would like to think that my iBook and PowerMac have souls