Author Topic: You guys think that Macs are so damn fast? Have a look at this.  (Read 2302 times)

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
You guys think that Macs are so damn fast? Have a look at this.
« Reply #30 on: 22 August 2002, 04:43 »
Ok, now I'm mad.
It is common knowledge that the current Macs are much faster. All you PC Fuckers care about is megahertz and video cards! And why do you need so many joysticks? It would be humorous if only your blind ignorance did not interfere with our computing experience. Those beige boxes of crap you spend more time troubleshooting than working with are inconveniencing those who actually are able to have a positive experience with their computers.

And don't start preeching market share to me. You PC lusers cling to that because you think it's Apple's only legitimate weakness. Well take a look at PC companies who have gone under in the past twenty years whos market shares were many times Apple's. Packard Bell was the leader of market share, but unlike Apple, they were no longer able to make profit. The PC companies that are actually still in one piece (which will not include Compaq very soon, which also had a sizable market share) are posting record losses quarter after quarter and are having massive layoffs. Yet Apple remains virtually untouched by the current slump.

The amount of software out there for Mac has been enormously underestimated. People today are so programmed to predict Apple's doom that when a hybrid piece of software (that means made for both OSs for our dumber readers such as zombie) is purchased it is counted as a point for windows.

And don't go for that overpriced crap. You dumbasses have been using that and the one button mouse thing as a justification for your argument since the earliest days of this battle. I hold to my earlier argument that you are an idiot zombie. The proof is out there (my site, for example) but you just stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #31 on: 25 August 2002, 04:32 »
I don't know about anyone else here,  but I'm getting a Mac just because I like'em. They're fast enough for me and I love Mac OS X. I don't care what anyone else says.

mr_nobody

• Kudos: 0
    • http://akirasys.tripod.com
« Reply #32 on: 27 August 2002, 19:13 »
The current Power Macintosh G4 tops out at dual 1.25 GHz MPC7450 processors, and is the only model that should be compared with the new 2.53 GHz P4s.
     To WinXP User #somethinghowdoesheknowanyway:
If WinXP is so excellent, why does PC World magazine spend so much space trying to decide whether or not it's worth its bloated price of $200? Anyway, the problem Apple had to fix with is "21st-Century OS" was stability. They did that. Microsoft claims Windows XP's interface is all new, but it's just a slightly tweaked Windows Me interface with a ridiculous new paint job. They have done NOTHING to get rid of existing Win95 interface issues OR the "web-integration" madness from Win98 OR the nag-screen insanity from Windows Me.
    And why can't MS stop naming products after years and use version numbers that make sense like everyone else? "Windows 98 version 4.10.2222"? That number has no meaning! Look:
Win 95: 4.00.950   (950 for '95)
OSR2:   4.00.1996  (1996 for the year it came out)
98:     4.10.1998  (1998 for the year it came out)
98SE:   4.10.2222  (2222 for Second Edition)
Me:     4.90.3000  (3000 for who knows what?)
 MS needs to stop playing with their version numbers and use serious ones (putting them on thew box somewhere among that fancy cover design would  make sense, too).
    Mr. Nobody  :mad:
"The next generation of interesting software will be made for the Macintosh, not the IBM PC." -Bill Gates, 1984