Author Topic: Bush administration gets involved in EU decision.  (Read 733 times)

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
Bush administration gets involved in EU decision.
« on: 31 March 2004, 11:49 »
State Department questions EU's Microsoft ruling

quote:
From the article:
The U.S. State Department has quietly expressed its concerns to European regulators about last week's decision to levy harsh penalties and a $613 million fine on Microsoft.

The quiet protest from the Bush administration comes as concern is growing on Capitol Hill over the European Commission's penalties, which came after the Justice Department agreed to a consent decree that includes ongoing federal court oversight of Microsoft's business practices.

I am reminded of how many times the DOJ said that its sellout... errr settlement with MS had nothing to do with the Bush administration.  Yet now the EU rules against MS and the State Department gets
involved.  

:rolleyes:
In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

Mandrake

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2004, 17:38 »
Get over yourselves... dumb fucking American government. Just because you did virtually nothing to Microsoft, now the EU imposes a real punishment and you whine... fools.

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2004, 19:48 »
This is not surprising. King George Bush II and Billy Gates are probably friends, since Bush is friends with most super rich people in the US. When the EU made its ruling Billy probably called up George and cried for help.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2004, 20:17 »
Also, it seems that it's completely normal in the USA for companies to lobby the senate and pay senators money to represent their cause.
And Microsoft has a lot of fucking cash.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #4 on: 3 April 2004, 04:22 »
Yeah as Refalm said, MS can make anyone in the US government lobby for them, not just Bush.  :mad:
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

solarflare

« Reply #5 on: 3 April 2004, 21:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by M. O'Brien:
State Department questions EU's Microsoft ruling

I am reminded of how many times the DOJ said that its sellout... errr settlement with MS had nothing to do with the Bush administration.  Yet now the EU rules against MS and the State Department gets
involved.

:rolleyes:  

It just goes to show that if youve got money you can buy anything...

Even the US President!

Bush is only concerned about this because: A) Microsoft is an 'American' company and therefore the USA gets aload of tax money from Microsoft AND b) Microsoft paid $25 million to bush to fund his election campaign before he was president.

Now - I wonder if Bush would get invloved if this was a 'non american' company???

ummm - I DON'T THINK SO!!!

This sort soft thing reminds me of a child being put on detention at school and then crying home to mummy and daddy saying "the teacher put me on detention because I was naughty"

Bloody hell Microshit - stand on your own feet and fight your own battles and dont go crying to the US President - "EVERYONE ON THE PLANET KNOWS THAT YOU HAVE A FUCKING MONOPOLY AND THAT MR FUCKING GATES WANTS TO OWN THE WORLD"

For once - accept defeat and pay up the money!!!

Maybe if treated customers with care and attention maybe the whole world woundn't hate u so much!!

PseudoRandomDragon

• http://www.geocities.com/zonealarmprov4/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: 14 April 2004, 07:21 »
What makes me more sick is all the people who support M$. "Durr, its their OS, Microsoft can do whatever they want".
I am sofa king high. (Read out loud)

young1024

• http://www.freewebs.com/young1024
« Reply #7 on: 16 April 2004, 00:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by solarflare:
Bush is only concerned about this because: A) Microsoft is an 'American' company and therefore the USA gets aload of tax money from Microsoft AND b) Microsoft paid $25 million to bush to fund his election campaign before he was president.

Now - I wonder if Bush would get invloved if this was a 'non american' company???

Bush needs to know that Microsoft is internationalized (even though their main HQ is in the U.S.A. and make Bush rich), so they're fair game. He'd have to start a war (as usual) to settle a dispute like that. Hmm... if fees were percentage-based (i.e. 5% of net earnings for the year), companies, big and small, would suffer the same amount.

[sarcasm][mockery]If Microsoft was a 'non american' company, Bush would start another war against "cyberterrorism" to gain riches for himself, and try to gain support of the Americans (SUCCESSFULLY this time).[/mockery][/sarcasm]
Just pretend there's a really cool sig here.