Author Topic: Were the forums down?  (Read 2032 times)

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Were the forums down?
« Reply #15 on: 16 December 2002, 20:59 »
retaliate?? because it would be fun  

CommonSense

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.microsuck.com
Were the forums down?
« Reply #16 on: 17 December 2002, 02:58 »
The site was NOT hacked.  That "Eat Shit Motherfuckers!" screen is the default web page (instead of the "if you can read this, Apache is installed correctly!" page) that runkpock put on this box and a few others when at i2net.com.  So when you saw that page, it was because the Apache configuration was still being tweaked and the virtual hosts (www, forum, forums, etc.) weren't reconfigured.  That page has always been there.

There was some personal thing between runkpock and some other guy who works at i2net (the place where this site WAS hosted until this weekend), and the other guy got pissed and turned off the machine.  (Nice and professional, no?)  So runkpock triumphantly went down there and moved it to a new colo facility.  The website, forums, and DNS are all moved over; the mail is still being worked on.  But it should hopefully be back up within a day or so.

As long as I'm here, yes, I know the store doesn't work (other than the "mirror image" stuff, I believe).  That's because Cafe Press is a bunch of lawyer-fearing assholes.  I'll get into that some other time, I guess.  (sigh)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
Were the forums down?
« Reply #17 on: 17 December 2002, 03:09 »
Great job on getting things moved! Coulda been much worse.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
Were the forums down?
« Reply #18 on: 17 December 2002, 03:18 »
What an ordeal, glad MES is back.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Were the forums down?
« Reply #19 on: 17 December 2002, 03:48 »
at least the "furious" man who done it didnt wipe the disk.
# rm -rf /

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
Were the forums down?
« Reply #20 on: 17 December 2002, 07:25 »
I wasn't worried....(too much)  :D
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
Were the forums down?
« Reply #21 on: 17 December 2002, 08:52 »
well, you were considering putting the dudes email message up?/*nice work with getting it back up and running though*/ im sure some of us would like to see this dickhead's follies, and the patheticness he trys to reason with. owell, atleast its working agian.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
Were the forums down?
« Reply #22 on: 17 December 2002, 21:09 »
A little recap:

quote:
Originally posted by choasforages:
well, you were considering putting the dudes email message up?/*nice work with getting it back up and running though*/ im sure some of us would like to see this dickhead's follies, and the patheticness he trys to reason with. owell, atleast its working agian.

quote:
retaliate?? because it would be fun

quote:
Whoever this wanker is, i have a personal problem... with him... tell me his phone number, and address please. What color clothes does he were? What car does he drive, does he have a bitch? is he into drugs?

Well aren't we all a bit vindictive today?

runkpock

Were the forums down?
« Reply #23 on: 17 December 2002, 21:24 »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thats one of the funniest things i have ever heard! I never realised that the default web page looked so much like a defacement. HAHAHA. Right, so its time to fix that default web page.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
Were the forums down?
« Reply #24 on: 18 December 2002, 13:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11 && BOB: void main wannabe.:
Macman, Dosman, Winman, no Tuxman, we are open to things so it is "Man & currently a Linux User"

Screw macs, ill use there OS when i have source, but i might get a G4 and put Linux on it.

As for the forums being down, i was posting here from my mums laptop at my nans house in the country, the modem kept droping out so i went to bed, woke up... no forums in the morning, no forums... until today.

Whoever this wanker is, i have a personal problem... with him... tell me his phone number, and address please. What color clothes does he were? What car does he drive, does he have a bitch? is he into drugs?

I will be stalking him in no time!

(Ex Eleven Stalking Services are a registered Trademark of John Tate. John Tate is the offical serial Killer name that John Tate Holds. You may not use it, in the same sence that you may not use gods name in vein.

You are a strange person. If you really want to run a G4 without Mac OS you can buy Macs with Linux custom installed at yellowdoglinux.org, but it would be easier to get a Mac with OS X then install YDL too. It's been pretty nifty for me to have both.