Author Topic: so quiet  (Read 1672 times)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
so quiet
« Reply #15 on: 25 January 2003, 03:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by Black & White Cat:
Void, tell me if I need to re-register, kay?

If you had private messags turned on on your profile I could tell you what your password is (I just changd it for you).

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: void main ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.akgames.net
so quiet
« Reply #16 on: 25 January 2003, 03:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Linux Frank:
Maybe the site is under a transistion. Maybe it has become more than the Webmaster anticipated. Maybe its outgrown the original plan and needs to push itself as a non M$ computer help and discussion site. By all means bash M$, but maybe it is time for this site to make an effort to show people the way, rather that criticise what they are using, often through their own ignorance and the removal of their options by companies such as Dell. I know this is what many people try, but the site is still geared towards M$ is crap rather than everything else is better. This immediately gets people in fighting mode.

This site made it very easy for me to get what I was looking for, and it still does, and I like to help others find the light, without bashing them over the head, that is how the dominant forces work, I want to show then it is their choice. I have no personal interest in their choice of computer software, but man the alternatives actually make you want to do stuff with your computer, and make it possible. And I want to add my voice to the thousands telling those that have failed to see the corruption being spread by M$ and support of the DMCA, and RIAA, et al.

There has been a drop off in posting recently, and I think its down to the fact that the quality of threads has deteriorated recently. People are a little bored of giving the same answers to the same questions being posted by the same trolls. At least when Linux User was posting under his nom de plume his posts were often aimed at a specific point and contained insight, it wasn't the same old your just fucking stupid crap that I get from M$ Windows idiots every fucking day when they find out I don't use M$.

I agree. And we are helping users through things like the MES FAQ, and the Linux & Mac forums in general.

As for thread quality, we [the mods] are working on it...there are more mods in case you haven't noticed. Calum is still around pretty frequently too.

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: The Muffin Man ]

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
so quiet
« Reply #17 on: 25 January 2003, 06:19 »
quote:
If you had private messags turned on on your profile I could tell you what your password is (I just changd it for you).  

Void,

O.k.- I changed it so I can receive private messages....  ;)
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
so quiet
« Reply #18 on: 25 January 2003, 06:31 »
Alright, check your PM, hopefully that will get you going..
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

dawsonmd

• Kudos: 0
so quiet
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2003, 19:38 »
Dunno about anyone else but i ve had a bit of a problem connecting to the forum recently, particulary in the past few weeks. Maybe that would explain the lack of threads if it's not just me thats having the problem
I couldn't think of anything interesting to put here... any suggestions welcome