Author Topic: Gimp/Photoshop compition... (Not yet; but will be big pix!)  (Read 5743 times)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
Gimp/Photoshop compition... (Not yet; but will be big pix!)
« Reply #45 on: 6 November 2002, 08:38 »
Your  Math lesson is flawed buddy. Do you really think it costs companies more than a dollar or 2 to copy a CD that they already have produced millions of copies of, stick a manual and a few papers in a pretty box and shrink wrap the box? If you really think stealing a dollar or 2 then giving the company several hundred dollars to buy a legit copy is wrong you are the fucking retard.

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #46 on: 6 November 2002, 08:39 »
ahh nice. Now am farting to your general direction.  Thanks Lebentomalaka.
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #47 on: 6 November 2002, 08:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by bazoukas:
ahh nice. Now am farting to your general direction.  Thanks Lebentomalaka.

Ahh, I see that you realize that I'm right. That pirated copy of the software I paid for did not hurt the company at all. They may not have made any profits off of the pirated copy, but what the hell, they only lost a couple of bucks. That isn't a bad thing considering that they got thier profits from me when I bought the legit copy(a few hunderd $$$ definatley makes up for the whole dollar or 2 they lost when I got a non-legit copy). Now fuck off.

Bazoukas

« Reply #48 on: 6 November 2002, 08:47 »
Hey Zombie, when you talk, i get this urge to scratch my family jewels.
 I think its psychosomatic. Hmm I didnt realize that fucktards like you can cause that. Can you help me with the scratching?
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #49 on: 6 November 2002, 08:55 »
quote:
Hey Zombie, when you talk, i get this urge to scratch my family jewels.
 I think its psychosomatic. Hmm I didnt realize that fucktards like you can cause that. Can you help me with the scratching?

Buddy, you are the fucktard. You don't even know how Corporate America works. I'm not joking when I say it only costs a couple of dollars to make a CD and package it. The modern way of manufacturing stuff called Mass Production makes it possible for a product(especially a product on a CD) to be manufactured and packaged at a minimal cost. Honestly, there is no piece of software worth several hundred $$$(paying that price for anything on a CD is a major rip-off) but that is just the way it is. How do you think software companies that start out with virtually nothing manage to get rich so quick? They get rich by the means of Mass Production and inflation.

Bazoukas

« Reply #50 on: 6 November 2002, 08:58 »
Hey zombie did you know that:

Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks do. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts.
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #51 on: 6 November 2002, 21:17 »
quote:
Hey zombie did you know that:

Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks do. Approximately 150 people are killed each year by coconuts.

Like I really care. Now quit trolling and say something that is actually relevant to the discussion. Oh wait, you can't debunk the truth can you?

HEre is a little example of how software is really worth several hundred $$$(NOT)

Microsoft sells it's OSes anywhere between $79 - $250 retail. They sell the very same software to OEM's and colleges for $5. They do not lose any money when they sell the OSes for $5 a pop(if they did lose money they wouldn't offer it at such a cheap price to anyone). They spend that couple of dollars and sell the thing for $5..they still made a profit(no losses).

MS sells Office XP Professional at a suggested retail price of $579....but they sell it to OEM's and colleges for about $10 a pop and don't lose money(for the very same reason).

Since you think that you are bright I'm sure that you can comprehend the fact that piracy does not hurt software companies at all(it would take 125 pirated copies of
Windows XP Professional full for MS to lose the $250 that they charge for 1 copy of XP Professional), it actually helps the software makers. Since the ratio of XP piracy is like 6 people bought a legit copy to 1 pirated copy. MS makes roughly around $1485(after the cost of manufacturing the product) from those 6 copies of XP then they lose $2 for the 1 pirated copy. Now you tell me, do you think that pirated copy really hurt MS? The pirated copy helps MS because it just adds to how many people use Windows(thus gives MS a tighter grip of the market). Software companies will not admit this, but they like piracy because piracy makes thier software more popular and used by more people. When a friend of a person with a pirated copy of software tries the pirated software and likes it, chances are that friend will go out and buy a copy of that software he/she liked. So when the company loses $2 it opens up the potential of more people buying the software because they got to try it(on a friends box) and liked it(which in turn will make that $2 loss turn into a several hundred or maybe even several thousand dollar profit).

[ November 06, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Bazoukas

« Reply #52 on: 6 November 2002, 21:25 »
Here is another one:

A device invented as a primitive steam engine by the Greek engineer Hero, about the time of the birth of Christ, is used today as a rotating lawn sprinkler.
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #53 on: 6 November 2002, 21:29 »
quote:
Here is another one:

A device invented as a primitive steam engine by the Greek engineer Hero, about the time of the birth of Christ, is used today as a rotating lawn sprinkler.

You are retarded. End of story.

I will not even waste my time discussing Corporate America(or Corporate any country for that matter) with you.

Bazoukas

« Reply #54 on: 6 November 2002, 21:31 »
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie9920:

You are retarded. End of story.

I will not even waste my time discussing Corporate America(or Corporate any country for that matter) with you.

No man. Its for real.
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #55 on: 6 November 2002, 21:36 »
quote:

No man. Its for real.

Maybe so, but your random facts have nothing to do with the discussion. I do not give a fuck about coconuts killing people, I do not care about a steam powered lawn sprinkler, etc.

I really don't care about how Corporations work either, but I have to break my back just to tell the truth about how the world works just to prove that my 1 copy of pirated software did not and never will hurt the company who made the software(especially considering that they did make a huge profit off of me since I actually bought the legit software).

I do not know why I even waste my time trying to talk to people who do not pay money for software anyways. It is like talking to a brick wall.

Bazoukas

« Reply #56 on: 6 November 2002, 21:39 »
Hey dude, I just wrote a C++ using a two dimensional Array.

It can be used to reserve tickets, store names and so on.

I can sell it to you for, hmmm $100. Intrested?
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #57 on: 6 November 2002, 21:44 »
quote:
Hey dude, I just wrote a C++ using a two dimensional Array.

It can be used to reserve tickets, store names and so on.

I can sell it to you for, hmmm $100. Intrested?

Hell no. You aren't going to get a god damn penny out of me. Besides, you probably would have some malicious code in your software just because you dislike Win32.  :rolleyes:

Bazoukas

« Reply #58 on: 6 November 2002, 21:47 »
Nah. I am not that good man and I havent even bother with learning how to write code like that.  Besides i dont see any purpose in doing that.
  Its not that hard to learn it though.
Yeah

Zombie9920

« Reply #59 on: 6 November 2002, 12:43 »
You know, This thread got me thinking about owning pirated software. Well, I just installed my legit copy of the software. I dealt with the invasion issue and it is running fine.

I guess it is time to get rid of the pirated copy. Ha, now I have nothing pirated on my system.