Author Topic: microsoft office release date, and pricing released!  (Read 999 times)

Faust

• Kudos: 0
microsoft office release date, and pricing released!
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2003, 05:45 »
quote:
Of course, if you just use Mac OS X you can make PDF's from any application.

WHOA!  Even itunes?  By the way whats the big deal about itunes?  Am I missing something or is it really not the Massively Cool Revolutionary App that it's claimed to be?
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

raptor

• Kudos: 56
    • http://calyptos.com
« Reply #16 on: 21 August 2003, 06:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by Faust:

WHOA!  Even itunes?  By the way whats the big deal about itunes?  Am I missing something or is it really not the Massively Cool Revolutionary App that it's claimed to be?

iTunes isnt.

First they hit you with a monthly service fee. Second they charge you per song.

bottom line not as good as it seems.
"in a world without fences, who needs gates?"

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2003, 10:39 »
to answer ShawnD1 questions.
first off if mozilla crashes, like whenyou open 60 or so tabs, you re-open it.
if it gets further fucked you re-install it. done.
oh and you cant do that with I.E.

oh and i have crashed lookout express.
it seems a virus tried to get in and kill it and it worked.  funnt tho i downloaded the same email with mozilla's client and nothing bad happened.
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2003, 11:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by raptor:

iTunes isnt.

First they hit you with a monthly service fee. Second they charge you per song.

bottom line not as good as it seems.

monthly service fee? And the music store charges per song, not the music player. iTunes music store is accesible through iTunes. It still plays your mp3's. If you do not want to pay 1 dollar per song, then go get ass raped by that other music store. .79 per song, a real monthly membership fee (there is no membership fee for itunes music store), and you don't even get to keep the physical music file on your computer. They are stored on the services servers. Oh yeah, they also charge you to burn cds. And since you don't actually have the file on your computer, you had better pray that the cd doesnt corrupt during burn. In the long run, apples music store is a better, more revolutionary service than all of the competitors.

or you could use a p2p to steal peoples music. [/derail]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #19 on: 21 August 2003, 15:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnD1:
Actually it's not a good idea to remove IE. Mozilla is better but what happens if something happens to Mozilla... like anything at all happens. If IE is still there, you can use IE to get Mozilla back but if you don't have IE, you're somewhat screwed   :D  

bullSHIT mister handman!
you would simply have installed firebird and beonex also, two other excellent open source browsers, or you could use opera, the bloat free payware browser.

and if you really want to get your fix of 100% insecure microsoft websurfing, just allow "explorer.exe" to connect to the internet (because any sensible person would create a rule to block it under normal circumstances) and use explorer.exe to download a new browser instead.

but to be honest this "what if mozilla doesn't work" crap is simply a user's paranoia about software which is totally unfounded and stems completely from their experience with unreliable microsoft products.

i reject your implication that open source software is likely to fail and that your microcrap will save the day.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #20 on: 21 August 2003, 21:11 »
As always, Calum is on top of his shit. You are better off without IE, as mozilla will most likely function well after IE has crashed & burned on you. And who really only has one browser on their machine? That sounds like a good poll, "How many browsers do you have installed on your computer?".

When IE at work fails, as it is prone to do, i use mozilla to get the fixes & patches, so Open Source saves the day for my proprietary ms crap.

HibbeeBoy

« Reply #21 on: 21 August 2003, 21:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by ecsyle:951:
As always, Calum is on top of his shit. You are better off without IE, as mozilla will most likely function well after IE has crashed & burned on you. And who really only has one browser on their machine? That sounds like a good poll, "How many browsers do you have installed on your computer?".

I have 4 browsers for Win98,in order of preference; Opera, Netscape, Mozilla and Exploder as an absolute last resort. Damn you people that create web sites for IE only !!! To be fair to Exploder, I don't use it because it crashes a lot (it doesn't crash for me) I don't use it because it is shite and I don't trust it.
In Linux I use Konquerer but that has been crashing a bit lately.
Democracy, it's like three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.