Author Topic: We're back  (Read 2970 times)

CommonSense

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.microsuck.com
We're back
« Reply #15 on: 9 January 2003, 10:40 »
Distributed denial of service attack.  The first ever in the site's history.  At its peak, over 1,000 hosts were flooding the box.

There's a couple of suspects.  The investigation has begun.    

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
We're back
« Reply #16 on: 9 January 2003, 10:50 »
so lets say that bitch zombie did it, and its proven, what course of action can be taken?

Then again i am asking a question that, that bitch zombie shouldnt  see the answer.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: bazoukas -Angry for no reason- ]

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: bazoukas -Angry for no reason- ]

Yeah

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
We're back
« Reply #17 on: 9 January 2003, 10:59 »
I belive Zombie has been the one behind this, because he threatend to do it to the Cult of bob server a while ago, he always uses a proxy to join here, and im going to host a contest...

Whoever can find the most information on Zombie
([email protected], thanks webmaster) will be the winner!!!

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
We're back
« Reply #18 on: 9 January 2003, 11:07 »
hmmm....sounds good to me man!
Yeah

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
We're back
« Reply #19 on: 9 January 2003, 11:24 »
start here:

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
We're back
« Reply #20 on: 9 January 2003, 12:44 »
look, why don't you all get over this fetish you have about zombie90210? he cannot move on, that is his problem, i credited the rest of you with better.

If you all want to continue this handbaggery with zombie90210, then i suggest strongly that you do it at PlanetHardware and not here.

His real name appears to be 'Walt W.' by the way, not that i give a shit, i don't know why you all waste your energy.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
We're back
« Reply #21 on: 9 January 2003, 12:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster:
Distributed denial of service attack.  The first ever in the site's history.  At its peak, over 1,000 hosts were flooding the box.

There's a couple of suspects.  The investigation has begun.      

Hmmm, I don't suppose that one of them might be related to the person that flipped the power switch at the old colo would it?  
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
We're back
« Reply #22 on: 9 January 2003, 15:42 »
Yeah, like Zombie was behind the DoS attacks. Don't give this guy more credit than he deserves (if he deserves any at all). Anyway, like voidmain wrote, it could very easily be the same guy who flipped the switch about a month ago or anyone else but what difference does that really make? The forums are back up, we're back so let's do some serious posting shall we?

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
We're back
« Reply #23 on: 9 January 2003, 18:04 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
look, why don't you all get over this fetish you have about zombie90210? he cannot move on, that is his problem, i credited the rest of you with better.

If you all want to continue this handbaggery with zombie90210, then i suggest strongly that you do it at PlanetHardware and not here.

His real name appears to be 'Walt W.' by the way, not that i give a shit, i don't know why you all waste your energy.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: Calum ]

for a start look at what he replyed to this thread, if he didnt do it he would have said "ErRRRRrRRZerZ U AnTI mZ peopilz Sux()r and kant keep a forUm up." not that angry face.

and why would he come here right after it was back up, he was the 2nd reply/messege.

If you cant see that then your blind.

Also check his posts, after that he posted nothing else, except that other 1 liner.

Also he snorts cocain.

But no worry, i found a post that was not from a proxy and told his ISP about it, gave them details. He is on a Wireless broadmand connection as well for your information.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
We're back
« Reply #24 on: 9 January 2003, 18:09 »
I just got an email from joink.
I think i just made Zombie loose an ISP account.

hehehehehehehe!

pkd_lives

We're back
« Reply #25 on: 9 January 2003, 18:31 »
Well lets, see. It could be related to the guy who switched us off, but I put forward this.

Times are hard in this economic climate. Many companies are realizing that they can make big savings in the IT sector, and to do it they just need a little bit of advise, a small kernel of knowledge that shows them the way out of a percieved dominated field.

They are realizing all their eggs are in one basket, and that company refuses to pay dividends to its share holders, which is often a first sign of trouble in the finances. secondly they realise the owner of that company could walk away tommorrow and close the company down, and they would have no legal protection for getting their systems running, they could not keep their systems running for any extended period of time. And they are getting fed up with the instability of the system.

They have come to realize that there is a site where information can be had for the cost of posting a polite question or two about converting, where the posters are smartish, give you information that is often verifiable, are prepared to argue their corner in a factual way and, will require no financial gain and will back up their claims. And what is more they are prepared to offer altenatives, not just one solution. The name of that site is fuckmicrosoft.com, and it is concievable that a certain company might have a grudge against such a good site as that.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
We're back
« Reply #26 on: 9 January 2003, 18:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Im your G:

for a start look at what he replyed to this thread, if he didnt do it he would have said "ErRRRRrRRZerZ U AnTI mZ peopilz Sux()r and kant keep a forUm up." not that angry face.

and why would he come here right after it was back up, he was the 2nd reply/messege.

If you cant see that then your blind.

Also check his posts, after that he posted nothing else, except that other 1 liner.

two words:

WHO

FUCKING

CARES???

(oh alright then, three!)

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
We're back
« Reply #27 on: 9 January 2003, 18:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by Linux Frank:
They have come to realize that there is a site where information can be had for the cost of posting a polite question or two about converting, where the posters are smartish, give you information that is often verifiable, are prepared to argue their corner in a factual way and, will require no financial gain and will back up their claims. And what is more they are prepared to offer altenatives, not just one solution. The name of that site is fuckmicrosoft.com, and it is concievable that a certain company might have a grudge against such a good site as that.

possibly... let's not run off half cocked though, which is what this thread has been about so far.

This is one small part of the reason why i think we will see more FMS downtime in the future.

pkd_lives

We're back
« Reply #28 on: 9 January 2003, 20:05 »
I should point out as a disclaimer, I accuse no-one. I am merely postulating on ideas of a paranoid nature (I am a PKD reader after all), which are based on no evidence and are therefore not to be accepted as anything claiming to be truth.

I make no accusations and offer no explainations as I DO NO KNOW who was responsable for this apparent attack upon this good forum.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
We're back
« Reply #29 on: 9 January 2003, 21:14 »
Zombie never accomplished doing anything to the Bob server.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: The Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'