Author Topic: Microsoft - Its a dog eat dog world  (Read 895 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Microsoft - Its a dog eat dog world
« Reply #15 on: 23 December 2002, 18:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by Makaveli:
I stumbled upon this anti-microsoft site, and as much as i agree with most of it, I cannot help but admire Bill gates and his corporation.
When i was a kid i wished to be rich, now i earn 60 thousand pounds a year, and i had to step on alot of peoples feet to get where i am.

Microsoft to me is a young mans dream to be rich

WHAT THE FUCKS WRONG WITH THAT??

When the first car was invented, dont u think he got pissed off because the whole started to copy his idea for 4 wheels, doors, windows etc?

ITS A DOG EAT DOG WORLD

WELCOME TO REALITY PEOPLE!!

Microsoft is an empire, and if i could do what  bill gates and his colleagues did, then you bet i would do the same, just like everyone else.
MONEY MONEY MONEY!!

(Thats my 2 cents...peace out and happy holidays)

very clever, but your handle is too obvious. still, look how many replies you got to this!
i wonder how many people will come on here posting questions of this nature just to get high quality answers?

will this be the new fashion?

anyway, for my money gates has never brought anything to the industry and has hampered the development of many technologies purely for his own ego stroking vainglory.

He has crippled the homecomputer industry, and to an extent even the semiconductor components industry, with his selfish moneymaking ambitions. And sisty thousand pounds a year might be quite a lot compared with a lot of people but i cannot begrudge you that, i bet you did work for it and that's a nice respectable upper middle class wage, but gates does not know when to stop. He rips off schools, threatens charities with breach of contract and so on and so on. gates has got a different outlook entirely from you or i.

do go and do your own research for specific examples though.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

dishawjp

• Kudos: 95
    • http://web.lemoyne/~dishawjp
« Reply #16 on: 23 December 2002, 22:05 »
I don't usually do this, but this time I will feed the troll....

I really don't care how much money Bill Gates has.  I do believe in the capitalist economic system.  Anyone who believes that there are any viable alternatives might consider asking his proctologist to return his head to a more normal location.  

But I also dislike M$ business practices which are anti-competitive and monopolistic.  I dislike M$ more for that than for the quality of their software.  Not that their software is great... or even good... but that's of little concern to me now that I've achieved software freedom; i.e., I don't use M$ at home at all any more and hope to be free from it at work soon.

I REALLY object to having any product rammed down my throat.  I would object to being forced to purchase a particular make of car, hammer, furnace or breakfast cereal.  And that all goes back to being a capitalist. There is no capitalism if there is no competition.  Monopolistic business practices are outlawed in capitalist states for this reason.  

If Bill Gates had his way we would have no choice of computer operating systems or applications. It would be M$ or nothing. As it is, it is already difficult to purchase a computer without Windows installed.  You are not even given the option of purchasing a computer with an older version of Windows; e.g., try to buy a new computer with Win98 installed.  

Then go out and buy a copy of M$ Office.  Drop between $250 and $450 for it.  Use it for 2 years or so then buy another a new one.  Why?  Because BG and M$ decided that their newer product will create file formats that your older version will not be able to open.  Oh, and if you're running a version of Windows more than a few years old, prepare to shell out for a new version of that too.  Because the new Office suite will not run on older Windows OS's.  But if you think that the newest version of Windows will run on your old hardware... think again. Better plan on buying a new computer too. (You don't suppose that Intel et.al. support THIS do you???)  

Use M$ if you enjoy being raped on a regular basis.  Support it if you think that one company should be allowed to forcibly rape everybody at their pleasure.  If you think that forcible rape should be permitted, well, go ahead, but it seems to be criminal to me (and to most feminist groups as well, but that's another issue).

Ok, you witnessed it... I responded to a troll. You won't see it often. Enjoy.

Jim

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #17 on: 23 December 2002, 22:09 »
quote:
Originally posted by DOSman:
Use M$ if you enjoy being raped on a regular basis.

What more should be said?
Contains scenes of mild peril.