Author Topic: M$ lawsuit,..(?)  (Read 1008 times)

clagh131

• Kudos: 0
M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« on: 17 December 2002, 02:11 »
1st: Much THANKS to those who replied to my PDA?windows/ install post,..MUCH APPRECIATED especialy since I made it in a website whose premise is against the OS and RE: an unrelated device.  Honestly I simply I admire & respect the intelligence (in general) of this forum, ..and knew that if anyone could help me with this,.. it would be here.  
~ In response to some of the VALID comments/ques. in them: ~I too find the PDA  annoying, especially in my lack of personal & work need for one,.. ~The COMPAQ/WINDOWS combo is both the doing of my work and parents who made the purchase.  But fuck it,.. I got free, albiet hand- me down, PC -ware.
Reason for this new post:  FUCK MICROSOFT!!!  NEWSFLASH< I know. I've fckn had it w/ their BS!!!  *My pompus new PDA "toy" is worthless,..even in my "sans"secure home PC,..totally bc of M$!!!  
I'm a civil servant without cash  nor contacts,... and I haven't a doupt that M$ knows this bc of it's spyware.  HJOwever, my father is an ATTORNEY & Judge, ran for Congress twice, w/ press/ law/ and GoVT contacts, ~has never touched a PC.  I doupt they know his near retired butt greatest pleaure is making well public cases against MOFO's like M$!  
Ironically I  just speant over 3 hrs last sat. explaining to my dad just what m$ is about and "your" site.  I haven't seen him thaT EXCITED ABOUT something in 4ever.
~ Of course no amt. of money and power is likely to compete with M$, but  there are things that can be accomplished.  First of course being M$ fixing up their file corruption that is prohibiting me frm installing my new toy.  But also "ya never know."  And my point of the post "FINIALLY": anyone w/ any real;  legal gripes,...let me know... I need ammo, ..if it gets your shit fixed good,..and if it makes a "statement" even better.  One thing I took from my Psych/ soc. education is that the most p0owerful changes in history were made in the instances with the l;east amout of chances.
My main "gripe" is M$ refusal to help/sgive support,...AT ALLL.  That long story needn't be added to this already long post, but it's just went back to their monopolozing BULLSHIT!  IF U don't give them cash,..they aren't going to0 hear nor help U.  
After be fckd over on the phone, and by the manager,..I told them "my" attorney will contact them 2morrow.  I'm also asking for sug.s on how else to fuck "them" off.  I'm thinking of starting off w/ exploting the fact I work for the local govt/ andn city school. IE:  proving to them why switching OS's is necessary.
~Colleen

clagh131

M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2002, 02:16 »
DUMB ASS me in the mist of my rant forgot to finish my "I find the PDA annoying too"... BUT, I recd one as a XMAS gift.=)
~Colleen

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2002, 04:11 »
quote:
Originally posted by clagh131:
1st: Much THANKS to those who replied to my PDA?windows/ install post,..MUCH APPRECIATED especialy since I made it in a website whose premise is against the OS and RE: an unrelated device.  Honestly I simply I admire & respect the intelligence (in general) of this forum, ..and knew that if anyone could help me with this,.. it would be here.  
~ In response to some of the VALID comments/ques. in them: ~I too find the PDA  annoying, especially in my lack of personal & work need for one,.. ~The COMPAQ/WINDOWS combo is both the doing of my work and parents who made the purchase.  But fuck it,.. I got free, albiet hand- me down, PC -ware.
Reason for this new post:  FUCK MICROSOFT!!!  NEWSFLASH< I know. I've fckn had it w/ their BS!!!  *My pompus new PDA "toy" is worthless,..even in my "sans"secure home PC,..totally bc of M$!!!  
I'm a civil servant without cash  nor contacts,... and I haven't a doupt that M$ knows this bc of it's spyware.  HJOwever, my father is an ATTORNEY & Judge, ran for Congress twice, w/ press/ law/ and GoVT contacts, ~has never touched a PC.  I doupt they know his near retired butt greatest pleaure is making well public cases against MOFO's like M$!  
Ironically I  just speant over 3 hrs last sat. explaining to my dad just what m$ is about and "your" site.  I haven't seen him thaT EXCITED ABOUT something in 4ever.
~ Of course no amt. of money and power is likely to compete with M$, but  there are things that can be accomplished.  First of course being M$ fixing up their file corruption that is prohibiting me frm installing my new toy.  But also "ya never know."  And my point of the post "FINIALLY": anyone w/ any real;  legal gripes,...let me know... I need ammo, ..if it gets your shit fixed good,..and if it makes a "statement" even better.  One thing I took from my Psych/ soc. education is that the most p0owerful changes in history were made in the instances with the l;east amout of chances.
My main "gripe" is M$ refusal to help/sgive support,...AT ALLL.  That long story needn't be added to this already long post, but it's just went back to their monopolozing BULLSHIT!  IF U don't give them cash,..they aren't going to0 hear nor help U.  
After be fckd over on the phone, and by the manager,..I told them "my" attorney will contact them 2morrow.  I'm also asking for sug.s on how else to fuck "them" off.  I'm thinking of starting off w/ exploting the fact I work for the local govt/ andn city school. IE:  proving to them why switching OS's is necessary.

i do not understand what you are saying.

are you sarcastic? are you angry? why did you start a new topic instead of continuing the old one? this is not a new topic.

What are you saying?
please respond coherently.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

clagh131

M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2002, 21:08 »
Sorry about that,.. I just re-read it,.. and the post completely lacked ANY sense and/or reasoning.  I was angry,.. which I never get, THAT, evidently is a good thing (lol'ing @ myself,.who runs a course on anger mangement for the junior high.) So I guess I just got so pissed I didn't even make sense, and I apologize that did it here.  What I was trying to say:  
~I was 1st thanking those who replied to my PDA ques., and 2nd explaning that, although it will likely go NOWHERE< I had my attorney (who is my dad) write M$ support a letter stating that if they fail to fix the problem that their flawed program created, for free,.. legal action will be taken.  
~The prob. was that I upgraded my win98, and that's when it refused to even sartup at all.  Since M$ wouldn't help, I recd help from various links and chats (one of which linked me to here).  MY PDA can't install on my desktop bc of an error stating my files were corrupted.  When I called M$, they themselves told me the file corruption happened during the upgrade, but still couldn't help me unless I pay.  
So that's why I was so pissed,..I'm sorry for the previous f@cked -up post.
~Colleen

rtgwbmsr

• VIP
    • http://www.akgames.net
M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2002, 00:36 »
quote:
Originally posted by clagh131:
Sorry about that,.. I just re-read it,.. and the post completely lacked ANY sense and/or reasoning.  I was angry,.. which I never get, THAT, evidently is a good thing (lol'ing @ myself,.who runs a course on anger mangement for the junior high.) So I guess I just got so pissed I didn't even make sense, and I apologize that did it here.  What I was trying to say:  
~I was 1st thanking those who replied to my PDA ques., and 2nd explaning that, although it will likely go NOWHERE< I had my attorney (who is my dad) write M$ support a letter stating that if they fail to fix the problem that their flawed program created, for free,.. legal action will be taken.  
~The prob. was that I upgraded my win98, and that's when it refused to even sartup at all.  Since M$ wouldn't help, I recd help from various links and chats (one of which linked me to here).  MY PDA can't install on my desktop bc of an error stating my files were corrupted.  When I called M$, they themselves told me the file corruption happened during the upgrade, but still couldn't help me unless I pay.  
So that's why I was so pissed,..I'm sorry for the previous f@cked -up post.

OK. Do you have a broadband connection? If so, try Linux.

For a small taste-test of open source software I suggest you try Mozilla (Internet Exploder alternative) @ www.mozilla.org

And Calum, chill out. We are allowed to rant...

For future reference, rant in the Lounge. Thanks.

[ December 17, 2002: Message edited by: The Muffin Man ]

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2002, 00:42 »
one of my uncles used to be a good lawyer, then got tired of it and went to writing childrens storys. they center around a dog he had found that had been shot. if you don't believe me, check the guniess book of world records for most petted dog.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

HPC GUY

• Kudos: 101
M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #6 on: 18 December 2002, 01:50 »
i believe in M$ disclaimer before you install thier crap they specifically state that they are not responsible for any damage caused to your computer. its a standard M$ disclaimer.
"if i destroyed you, i would only be perpetuating your legacy" - Me

pkd_lives

M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2002, 03:17 »
And no warranty is given or implied in the use of their software.

Now if any hardware manufacturer did that they would be in court so fast their asses wouldn't touch the ground.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
M$ lawsuit,..(?)
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2002, 04:15 »
this does need to be in the lounge,

GO FORTH, send the bloodthristy attack sharks
this guys sounds cool. a lawyer that fights back, sweet.

and the reason things are the way they are is becuase of two things,
MONEY
and
LAWYERS

well, not the only issue. keep in mind, a determined lawyer can be fucking annoying, its time somebody harrased microsoft.
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!