Author Topic: MES half-life  (Read 957 times)

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
MES half-life
« on: 17 July 2002, 10:09 »
Ok.. there were a few threads about counterstrike floating around, but i made this to collect the ideas about half-life.
I suggest a half-life MES clan not just counterstrike. The reason being that why just take a little chunk of the people when you could have a wider horizon to choose some L33t players from?

We should have people from all mods to coem and form the MES clan. I redid www.mescs.cjb.net to fit my vision (somewhat). We shoudl be promoting it within games too, that is how we will get many people to join. Eventually the people who join will wonder more about Microsoft Eradication until they come to fuckmicrosoft.com.

Maybe we should all get all the half-life mods?
I currently have:
half-life
team fortress
counterstrike
ricochet
deathmatch

i still want to get opposing force, firearms, and  any of the other ones i can get my hands on.

Has anyone seen half-quake? Its a single player mod for half-life that it cool. The training ground is called 'seidizim (as in sadism) and all it is a scientist getting shot with a sentry gun. Its hilarious. When you put on the hazard suit a voices says: 'the suit is made of plastic, it will not protect you from acid. It is only here to make you... comfortable' in a very mysteriously creepy voice. Its cool.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

choasmaster

• Kudos: 0
MES half-life
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2002, 10:20 »
no half-life, its a goddamn windows game, lets say promote a favorite of say quake2 or say quake3, maybe even wolfenstien. and for that matter, i like half-life alot, but it was meant to be a single player game. unlike say unreal tournament. if it ever comes out for linux, a neverwinter night roleplaying group would be great. there should be a linux version of it, a macintosh version of it, and for the groups most unliked asshole/*xpoo, you know who you are you stupid sack o shit*/, a windows version so we could all pk the motherfucker
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
MES half-life
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2002, 10:36 »
is there any cool freely downloadable games that involve killing for Linux? That would be great if there was.
Quake is a cool idea... If only i actually had quake.
I will get quake for Linux soon, my brother has it and he is supposed to give it to me.

[ July 17, 2002: Message edited by: Master of Reality / Bob ]

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

choasmaster

MES half-life
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2002, 10:55 »
umm, quake2 is almost free. and for free linux games, check out linuxgames.com
also check out the libsdl.org i thinks site
and linux quake, goto the nearest wal*mart and pick up the gold/platimun/whateverfuckingprecesiosmetaltheynameditafterthistime edition of quake3, then goto ftp.idsoftware.com and download the linux installer and copy the pk0.pk3 file off of the quake3 cd into the baseq3 folder located in the quake3 install folder, this should only cost you $30 and a bit of your time to download the quake3 installer. its well worth it, trust me
id rather be on fire then use windoze

x86, a hack on a hack of a hack
alpha, the compaqed way
ppc, the fruity way
mips, the graphical way
m68k, the NeXT way
sparc, the reliable way

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
MES half-life
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2002, 18:36 »
I'm sure we had already decided that [MES] would cover many types of game?
Contains scenes of mild peril.

ravuya

• VIP
MES half-life
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2002, 21:00 »
Quake II is oh-so-much-better than Half-Life IMO. And it's a cross-platform game. What's the point of starting a clan based around hating Microsoft if we use a damn Microsoft operating system to play the game?