Author Topic: Opera, Mozilla or other?  (Read 766 times)

ISX

• Kudos: 0
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« on: 15 February 2002, 05:27 »
I'm switching from IE, what should I use?

Do they both log everything you do?

Centurian

• http://www.darkmares.2ya.com
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2002, 05:42 »
Hey,

quote:
Originally posted by ISX:
I'm switching from IE, what should I use?

Do they both log everything you do?

Use Mozilla it is 100% free and you can turn off the call in and when you delete your cookies/cache etc it is completely gone. No hidden files.

I used Mozilla all the time when I was using Windows. Actually I am using it right now under Mandrake also. Mozilla is very powerful and offers full support for practically all platform and it is free.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Centurian ]

Later
Centurian

ISX

Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2002, 06:29 »
I'm using it right now, looks very sweet..How do I delete the cookies and stuff? And how do I 'turn off the call in'?

Thanks

ISX

Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2002, 06:36 »
It's in tasks right?

I've done all that all the sites i've been to are still on the pulldown. Deleted cookies and cleared forms, but the pulldown still shows the URL's...Is that somewhere else?

Centurian

• http://www.darkmares.2ya.com
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2002, 07:55 »
Hey,
Go to Edit/Preferences and you can change/delete whatever you wish. In Navagator history there should be a button to Clear Location Bar and Clear History.
Under Advanced Cache you can clear the cache. In Privacy Cookies you can clear cookies.
Later
Centurian

MxCl

• http://www.bits.bris.ac.uk/mxcl/
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2002, 17:05 »
I use Opera 6, cracked and thus free.

I did use Mozilla, but found it a little immature and slow. But that was ages ago. I must try it out again at some point..

Opera is quick, lean, standards compliant and pretty funky thanks to features such as mouse gestures. It's certainly a grand alternative to MSIE. I'd give it a go. Three MB download, if you have a proper install of JAVA.

Max

ssean

Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2002, 07:18 »
yea i use mozilla myself. i think i will take MxCl's advice and try Opera, too.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2002, 10:46 »
Ok Im sold! Mozilla rocks for OSX!

I decided to try it out after reading these posts and it is deffinetly better than the OS X alternatives. Netscape 6 blows, Omni Web is nice but it's not very full fetured, adn IE is well it's IE!

So Mozilla is a deffinet must have. Excelent browser on this, and from what I read, all paltforms.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2002, 13:44 »
Well, i can't speak for OSX, since i'm using MacOS9.1, but i have got Netscape Communicator 4.76, Mozilla 0.9.6, Internet Exploder 5, Opera 5 and iCab 2.71 installed on this Mac.
All have their pluses and minuses, but Opera is by far the best!
I expected a lot more from Mozilla, but nope, it's just boring old same old same old. Actually it's noticably better than Netscape (and by extension IExplore) but Opera still whips the pants off it, sorry!
iCab is good in a lot of ways, but it crashes nore than is good for it i think, and i will eventually have to pay for it which is not ideal. I get something like 5 months of trial with iCab though! which is pretty good for a pay program!
No, Opera is best! sorry! it's also totally cross platform, what with versions for Linux/UNIX, Beos, SunOS et cetera, et cetera.
rant over...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
Opera, Mozilla or other?
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2002, 21:27 »
Well... ok I'll try it out too.

The thing is, Netscape Communicator 4.5 was probably the best most stable browser ever. But ot's not carbon and i hate starting Classic just to use it. So I have been looking for an equaly stable alternative with all the awsome trimmings. So ya I'll give Opera a try    

Ok Opera rocks, I just used it and it's totaly stable. It seems faster than either IE or Mozilla too, and the interface is nice. This rocks!

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR