Author Topic: Forget California, it's time to recall Microsoft  (Read 671 times)

sime

• Kudos: 4
    • http://www.azuro.com
Forget California, it's time to recall Microsoft
« on: 22 August 2003, 16:10 »
Yup,

times up William!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/32449.html

The bug ridden, security flawed rubbish that you sell to innocent unsuspecting members of the general public, interestingly described as software, has been responsible for costing companies and individuals $millions of dollars in lost revenue and time over the past 3 weeks.

This is YOUR FAULT WILLIAM, as correctly described in the now well know blaster worm code.

If you wrote your so called software correctly this would NOT happen.

"Microsoft is confused why these worms continue plaguing users when the company's made great effort to improve the patch delivery process"

Er hello!   :confused:  

Why don't you dim wits read your own EULA's, doing so might just help you with your supposed confusion.

"...it baffles the mind why these well-known ports continue to be a major security vulnerability in Windows."

No it does NOT, we know why.. $MS and it's associated products are expensive rubbish, full of holes, that are intrinsically flawed at the lowest levels of the software design process. The criminal thing is $MS has absolutely no intentions of actually doing anything about it other than saying they are.

Consider - A car manufacturer releases a product that turns out to have intrinsic design flaws - They would (quite rightly) be forced to recall
the product fix it COMPLETELY AT NO COST to the owner. Don't tell me the patch you supply on your web site is the same thing it is not, that would be the equivalent of the car manufacturer sending me a new gearbox and telling me to replace the old one.

"FIX YOUR SOFTWARE BEFORE YOU HAVE THE ORDACITY TO ASK PEOPLE TO PAY THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY FOR IT. HELL IF I BOUGHT A TOASTER THAT CRASHED AS MUCH AS YOUR PRODUCT(S) I'D TAKE IT BACK TO WALLMART INTRODUCE IT TO THE SALESMAN'S BUTT AND DEMAND A REPLACEMENT THAT ACTUALLY DID WHAT IT SAID ON THE BOX!"

Code Red, Love Bug, Slammer, Nimda, Pretty Park, BubbleBoy, Melissa, Code Red II, MSBlaster, and numerous other high-profile Microsoft-sponsored incidents... The list goes on, and on, and on, and on, and.......

Still you know what to do if you want a bug fee, virus free, Trojan free life...

OFFER A PENGUIN CALLED TUX A GOOD HOME AND TELL WILLIAM WHERE TO SHOVE IT. AND WHILE YOU ARE AT IT MAKE YOUR NEIGHBOURS DO THE SAME, THEN YOU WON'T HAVE TO POP ROUND AND FIX THEIR COMPUTERS EVERY TIME ANOTHER $MS ATTACK HAPPENS!

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: sime ]

==================================================
If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.

Sime@04

jasonlane

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.root10.net
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2003, 19:39 »
There are 50 viruses for Mac and 70, 000, that's not typo, that's Seventy Thousand, for M$.

I don't know how many Linux viruses exist, I am sure that both Mac and Linux viruses will increase, hopefully not out of sheer stupidity as seems the case with M$.

What really gets my goat is when you have commentary on this this stuff. Usually it passes the buck on M$ failures down to it's popularity and that simply is not the reason why the system is suffering attacks, it's suffering attacks because it allows itself to.
The MES Anti-Prude Force
"I don

sime

Sime@04

madluther

« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2003, 20:52 »
quote:
"Microsoft is confused why these worms continue plaguing users when the company's made great effort to improve the patch delivery process"  

In a word DOWNTIME

I work at a hospital that is a 24/7 operation, it requires planning and co-ordination to patch our M$ servers due to the fact that all these patches require a reboot, In a decent O/S on servers with hot swappable devices the only time a reboot is needed is to install a new kernel or replace a motherboard.

My $0.02

Regards Mad.

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2003, 21:57 »
I know a technical engineer who works at a hospital. He has written his own OS based on GNU/Linux. It doesn't crash and it's light, so the problem can be fixable,

sime

« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2003, 22:12 »
Yeh spot on,

I had to devote a time slot of 3 hours to patch 32 ICI Packagings web servers in the middle of the night last week so they did not get Blaster and as you quite rightly said they all required a reboot (rubbish memory management).

Now we have more viruses charging about causing mayhem and the process will occur again.

It's no wonder your average NT Admin is gibbering, twitching wreck and your average Linux Admin is a grinning happy bunny.

There sits Mr Penguin, reading the paper and surf'n the net and laughing his socks off as the NT guys attempting to patch an OS that is quite franky fit only for the bin.

It would be funny if it wern't so serious!

Sime

Sime@04

madluther

« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2003, 22:42 »
quote:
 I know a technical engineer who works at a hospital. He has written his own OS based on GNU/Linux. It doesn't crash and it's light, so the problem can be fixable,

I wish...

I do have to give our IT director credit, 2 years ago there were no linux machines in our server room, now some of our critical backend machines run linux, all our user home directories (700 or so ) are hosted via samba, our oracle, dns and intranet machines are all on linux with more systems planned. Considering that we are forced by the state government to run certain mandated windows programs for health insurance / reporting purposes  we will probably never be completely rid   of M$ based crap, but the battle has only just begun.

Mad.

[ August 22, 2003: Message edited by: madluther ]