Author Topic: Iraqs new flag  (Read 4056 times)

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #90 on: 10 July 2004, 12:49 »
quote:
- Because the US really isn't perfect, and there was a conflict of decisions at the time.

We all know no country is perfect but there is a big difference between inperfection and blantent nazism!

quote:

Also, you're now talking about both Bush Sr. and Jr., so it's pretty irrelevant to the argument.

How is it?  This war IS a countinuation of the fact!  There is  A BIG reason bush picked on saddam!  

quote:

- So now the US needs to help build a government? The last page (or two?) have been filled with argument between us two--you saying the US has to immediatly leave, me saying the US has to say to fix what it has broken. I'm glad we agree on this issue.

It would help.  Meaning that the U.N overseas all construction and all goverments and countries partisipate exept the U.S. Of course they are the occupiers.  They must leave.

quote:

- It's not a "puppet council." Yes, it is true that it is made up of exiles, refugees, criminals, and other different people,

Which makes it a puppet council!

quote:

and there's no question that it's not an ideal set of leaders,

They are NOT the leaders of that country if the Iraqi people did not choose them Just like the new flag has NOTHING to do with Iraq.  

quote:

but it's a step in the right direct.

So if someone invades the U.S. sets up a goverment completely separate from yours and has no intervetion from your own people then 'that is a step in the right direction'?

quote:
As I understand it, you're looking for people with leadership skills from INSIDE Iraq--not political refugees.

Not just me but all of the Iraqies as well!

quote:

Well, I'm sorry to break it to you, but since almost all the citizens of Iraq with proper leadership skills are former (and possibly royal) Baathists, there is a slim chance of them slipping in.

That has to be the most bullshit sentence ever.  However since America is the occupiers I guess by your own logic ALL U.S. citizens are Nazis.  Get real!

quote:

- Glad we agree on this issue as well. The US should not pull out, and help rebuild Iraq. Fantastic.

They should pull out.  Other countries should take over.  Like Canada and not the U.S.

quote:

Just one thing: the US already DOES payroll international companies, as well as Iraqis.

Sure, those international companies that have U.S. interests.  Canada tried to gain contracts in the U.S. but since we did not join the occupation we were denied.  That tells me that you are NOT there to help them.  But to help yourselves.  Also as far as payrolling the Iraqies that is obviously false since the unemployment rate has sky rocketed after the U.S. invasion!

quote:

Unfortunately for Iraq, it doesn't have a very blossoming high-tech industry,

No wonder because of all the U.S. sanctions put onto the country!

quote:

so it can't help out in any other way besides construction and the like.

It can help out more than you think.  If the U.S. left and the international community stepped in then lots could happen!

quote:

The first two links say that the US provided him with dual-use technology (read: war machines), which is really quite bad, but it made sense back when the Soviet Union was the big scary monster, and Iran (and its oil) was becoming its buddy. Chemical weapons were not sold.

Soviate or not the U.S DID provide those weapons!  Second they DID provide chemical weapons.  Third the U.S. damaged iraq's natural water and enviroment by themselves using chemical weapons!

quote:

As for the third link, we're discussing the 1980-89 Iran-Iraq war--not the Gulf War.

The gulf war plays an important role!  So yes we ARE discussing it!  Expecially when you deny the fact that this is the U.S'es fault to begin with.

quote:

We discussed this already. A dictator is one that dictates with nothing to regulate him. Dictionary.com, look up "dictator." Values of a govt. have nothing to do with a dictator, and our laws are set to prevent having a dictator (no more than two terms, etc. etc.). STOP USING WORDS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

I have proven beyond any doubt THAT YOU ARE!  Simply by those rules.  I have even posted and reposed the definition of a dictator to you!  It seems that you are the only one here that continues to ignore that fact!  You can call yourself a democracy WHEN you act like it and REMOVE those laws and STOP invading countries for your own gain!  Up until then THAT definition DOES fit you.  

Since I have repeated myself over and over again I sujest that YOU STOP USING WORDS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! If you want you can deny it BUT DO NOT tell me that this is for the good of the iraqi people and the U.S. has the right to change the flag (They are NOT Iraqies!) or anything else in that country!  Thats plainly idiotic and insulting!

[ July 10, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

[ July 10, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
Iraqs new flag
« Reply #91 on: 11 July 2004, 05:44 »
Edit: fixed word-wrap.

Hahahaha. It's cool how you completely ignore the reply I posted a small while ago (page 3), and started repeating yourself. Okay, I guess I'll have to rewrite some stuff.

Dictionary.com, search for dictator:

quote:
dictator

\Dic*ta"tor\, n. [L.] 1. One who dictates; one who prescribes rules and maxims authoritatively for the direction of others. --Locke.

2. One invested with absolute authority; especially, a magistrate created in times of exigence and distress, and invested with unlimited power.

"One who dictates." Now, let's look at the word "dictate."

quote:
# To prescribe with authority; impose: dictated the rules of the game.
# To control or command: