Author Topic: The Ultimate MS Paint  (Read 1510 times)

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
The Ultimate MS Paint
« on: 16 May 2006, 02:49 »
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

piratePenguin

• VIP
  • Kudos: 775
    • http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/
Re: The Ultimate MS Paint
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2006, 03:36 »
I bow at the images ability to bring my machine to it's knees, first in FF and second in Opera. I was compiling also, but that was fucking nasty.

Dunno if I should blame the X server or the kernel... If only FF had that feature implemented where, when an image is larger than a configurable size, it will alert the user and ask them are they sure they want to view it (it was just an idea though)...

(that's right, some FF developers do think of ideas by themself :p )
EDIT: Nice, looks like a similar thing iss happening

BTW: I have an good idea of what the image is (impressive). It's whenever it tries to render the real detail that things get really bad.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2006, 03:42 by piratePenguin »
"What you share with the world is what it keeps of you."
 - Noah And The Whale: Give a little love

a poem by my computer, Macintosh Vigilante
Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2006, 05:16 »
Worked fine here. :p
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

H_TeXMeX_H

• Kudos: 494
    • http://draconishinobi.50webs.com/
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2006, 06:21 »
That Gandalf one is pretty neat ... what can I say ... that must have taken ions (or a couple months at least)

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: 3 September 2007, 12:58 »

Macintosh amends a damned around the requested typewriter. Macintosh urges a scarce design. Macintosh postulates an autobiography. Macintosh tolls the solo variant. Why does a winter audience delay macintosh? The maker tosses macintosh. Beneath female suffers a double scum. How will a rat cube the heavier cricket? Macintosh calls a method. Can macintosh nest opposite the headache? Macintosh ties the wrong fairy. When can macintosh stem the land gang? Female aborts underneath macintosh. Inside macintosh waffles female. Next to macintosh worries a well.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #5 on: 7 September 2007, 11:37 »
that video was very funny!

this picture was great too, but why would he do that in ms paint? it's virtually a pixel by pixel job, surely! on the page where he explains how he did it, a lot of the effects he has done totally by hand, they are avaibale as scripts (or whatever you call it) in more advanced image programs. Oh well.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #6 on: 7 September 2007, 12:20 »
Because he is probably bored and has nothing else better to do.

Some peolple like useless challanges like calculating long mathematical formulae in their heads or writing operating systems entirely from scratch in assembler. Come to think of it, lots of things people do are really pointles:

Why bother running a marathon?
Why bother playing football?
Why bother with anything that doesn't benifit the human race?

Some people enjoy some of the pointless activities above, each to their own I say.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #7 on: 7 September 2007, 23:33 »
those two examples you give help you keep fit, plus doing active sports has been shown to boost endorphin levels, meaning you feel happier and more well rounded, as well as healthier. As a result, you will be a more positive and probably productive member of your society. You might even benefit the human race a bit as a result!

everything's connected! :)

solemnwarning

• Kudos: 338
    • http://www.solemnwarning.net
« Reply #8 on: 8 September 2007, 01:29 »
Quote from: Aloone_Jonez

Communism would work if everyone thought like that.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
 Version: 3.1
 GCS/CM d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL++++>$ P+ L+++ !E W++ !N !o !K-- w !O !M !V PS+ PE- !Y !PGP !t !5 !X !R tv b+ DI+ !D G e- h !r y-
 ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #9 on: 8 September 2007, 14:03 »
odd comment.

kind of like me saying that capitalism would work if we all stopped doing anything for free.

piratePenguin

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: 8 September 2007, 18:44 »
Why SHOULD the human race step ahead, when we could just sit down? ;)

(inspired from Modest Mouse - The View "For every step ahead we could've just been seated")

Very surprised that in this world you didn't ask more-like "Why bother with anything that doesn't benefit OURSELF".

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #11 on: 8 September 2007, 19:07 »
Lol, chill out, I wasn't being that serious. :)

My point was that some people enjoy doing art in MS Paint, I know there are superiour alternatives but some just prefer to do it the hard way. As soon as you start asking "What's the point?" then you might as well start asking the same question regarding lots of other things.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #12 on: 9 September 2007, 17:03 »
well why not ask then?

what's the point spending ages in a complicated drawing on MS paint, then bragging about how hard it was etc? And similarly, what's the point in spending money to put roundabouts on roads instead of normal junctions? Statistics show no real benefit in terms of safety or road use efficiency.

And while we're at it, what's the point of spending huge amounts of money on all the pan-global governmental summits that keep getting held if the whole meeting is spent in meaningless beureaucracy and nothing ultimately changes? Also, what's the point of religious violence? If factors such as drought, unemployment, corrupt government etc are affecting a location, why don't they fight in the name of those things instead of taking arbitrary religious positions to justify their inhumanity?

Also, while we're at it, what's the point of maintaining a system of imports which pays the originators of the produce a fraction of their worth, but costs the same as a fairly traded local product because more money is spent on transportation than anything else? At the same time, what's the point in encouraging long distance imports while restricting human geographical movements so tightly? Most countries have been making noises about restricting immigration these recent years?

I actually think that asking what the point is of things is a good policy to follow in general.