Author Topic: The Space Shuttle has crashed  (Read 961 times)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
The Space Shuttle has crashed
« Reply #15 on: 3 February 2003, 03:42 »
I don't think it's a terrorist attack, unless the terrorists possessed ballistic missiles that could travel at 13,500 mph and at more than 60,000 ft in the sky. Looks like a terrible accident and nothing else. Again, a pity.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #16 on: 3 February 2003, 15:12 »
I think it was that debris, osama and sadama dont get credit for everything.

And what about the poor saps on the space station.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #17 on: 4 February 2003, 13:37 »
they are complicated vehicles and they need to be tough too. the challenger disaster was the result of incorrect control programming from what i heard, but this was on its way back down to earth, yes? so it was more likely some engineering or structural fault, so?

it's a damn shame. yes i feel the same way as when i saw the challenger disaster on TV way back when (i feel old now you said it was 17 years ago!)

with the challanger, they reckon the 7 inmates were alive and burning to death for a further five minutes after the explosion, but they didn't say so until a good few years later.

it's a good safety record yes, like planes and trains, but when there's a big disaster on one of these things, people really take it to heart.

what's a bit of a shame is, now there's been this disaster, NASA will be really set back in funding and so on, just like after the appollo 13 near miss and the challenger disaster.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Interscope

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #18 on: 4 February 2003, 20:12 »
7 people died..

Alot more than 7 people die every day.

There was an Isreali Bomber Pilot in that shuttle. I bet he was sad too when he bombed innocent palestinians who lived 2 streets from a house where a terrorist lived.

Flame on.
Free it, goddamnit!

Computer security is very much like home security - you can take as many security precautions as you like but if you leave windows open, sooner or later you'll get broken into. - (Calum 2003)

PsychoticDreams

« Reply #19 on: 4 February 2003, 20:26 »
yeah i have to agree with you but what about the us people who just bombed afghanies most of them where innocent too. and what the hell was the point of dropping them food then dropping bombs. They were just doing what they were told.           oh wait they suicide bomb and throw rocks all the time, if i was the israel gov i would have kicked the shit out of em.

[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: PsychoticDreams ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #20 on: 4 February 2003, 20:53 »
look. there's a big difference between taking terrorist actions against innocents because your people are being opressed and nobody gives a fuck and it's your last option, and taking terrorist actions against innocents because you haven't had a war in a few years and you want to test out your new weapons.

Neither is defensible but only one can be empathised with (unless you're a cunt).

I feel it is somehow disrespectful to start this up in this thread though. don't you? keep it to the 2x2=? thread or start a new one i think.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #21 on: 4 February 2003, 20:54 »
I heard body parts were found. Doesn't it seem like the crew would have been incinerated before they reached the ground?

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #22 on: 4 February 2003, 21:25 »
apparently the stuff that insulates you and stops you being incinerated still does its job (at least partially) even if the craft is breaking up, which is kind of a mixed blessing. bad if you're in it, but a sign of good engineering (that's not supposed to be ironic, it's bloody hard to get it 100% right i bet and i think the success rate so far is pretty good).

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
« Reply #23 on: 4 February 2003, 21:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman: LITERALLY a genius / bob:
I heard body parts were found. Doesn't it seem like the crew would have been incinerated before they reached the ground?

I just posted a story about that. Some kid in Texas found a scorched leg...