Author Topic: Rather dead lately...  (Read 2773 times)

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #45 on: 20 May 2004, 06:46 »
PS:
2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #46 on: 20 May 2004, 06:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by -=Solaris.M.K.A=-:

Hmmm,  Lets see.

I've seen the word troll used when

a.) Someone who posts stupid links. birdman99

b.) Keeps rambling on about Microsoft when there is plenty of infomation to state otherwize

e.g.  Windows is stable, doesn't get any viruses, if linux was popular etc.....

kascar

c.)posts some sort or racist shit.

Great_Saten.

d.)whines their heads off about other users.

Jimmy.

How is this trolling? It is simply showing his disagreement with other members, and last I heard, this place is all about freedom of speach. Which means he is entitled to his opinion and can voice it.

quote:

f.)Posts usless unessessary ignorant shit, bush is so great, etc.....

Siplus.

So trying to start any discussion that you do not agree with is now trolling. Grow up.

quote:

All of them have a few things in commen.

They think they are automaticaly above everyone else, they always state i'm right your wrong

Most of the time Jimmy is right  :D

quote:

have some sort of challenged attitude.

have no facts to back them up.

keep repeating the same thing over and over.

Which would describe every single discussion on the forum.

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #47 on: 20 May 2004, 06:59 »
quote:

How is this trolling? It is simply showing his disagreement with other members, and last I heard, this place is all about freedom of speach. Which means he is entitled to his opinion and can voice it.

If he disagreed the no that would not be called trolling.  He was whinning about other members of the forum.

So yes, he was trolling.  If he as on here talking about one application vs another, thats fine.  But he wasn't.

quote:

So trying to start any discussion that you do not agree with is now trolling.

No!  Trying to get attention because your not getting any at home is trolling.  You can start a discussion on whatever topic you like.  

You cannot, however.  Post racist comments.  throw wild accusations or gereraly post something that would catagorise sick behaviour.

I mentioned the bush thing because as presedents go he has caused a lot of turmoil.  You can have your opinion about him, (he is so great et all.)  But to state that he is doing things for the Iraqies (pleanty of information out there that state otherwize.)  Is just a way to brush the fur the wrong way so to speak.  Since I do know people that have been affected quite bad by that man.

quote:

Grow up.

You see that right there!  Thats trolling. Just by that statment, it shows your maturaty level. Youy could of left it at that statment above but that shust shot a hole right through it.

quote:

Which would describe every single discussion on the forum.

?  Do a search.  You would see that the majority of the discussions arn't like that!
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

solarismka

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #48 on: 20 May 2004, 07:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by Sauron: Troll Warrior:

Here, Here!

I've modded forums WAY bigger than this place.

Mod's should always be objective, simply that your opinion means more.

quote:
Solaris needs to accept other points of view and that they do exist.

Yes, people's points of view do exist.  Key words here 'points of view.'

not irrational garble.

quote:

Paladin, IMO does not show Maturity in his character, that is becoming of a Mod.

???  Why is that because he disagrees with you?  Hmm didn't you just state 5 seconds ago that people should have their own opinions?

Yep you did, yet there is that scentence.

quote:

Opinions are just that.

I agree.  Key word here Opinions!

quote:

Don't force them on others in how you act and speak(type?).[/b]

I agree!

Thats why I'm stating the obvious.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

xyle_one

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #49 on: 20 May 2004, 07:10 »
So telling you to grow up means I am a troll? Holy shit. I didn't know everyone here was so fucking sensitive and thin-skinned. Perhaps I should take my vulgarity elsewhere. Should have seen it coming when the site changed its name  :rolleyes:

solarismka

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #50 on: 20 May 2004, 07:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJames: GenSTEP Founder:
Refalm, this is a public request to have Paladin and Solaris de-modded for unprofessional behavior :-D

I was never a mod in the first place.  As for 'unprofessional behaviour.'  One could easily point that out in yourself.

quote:

My apologies to any other mod who I've disagreed with (Laukev, Xeen)...

Well, at least your sayin sorry.

quote:

THESE guys are the problem.

And how is that?  

quote:

Refalm, if you'd really hate to see me leave, then please get back to me on this issue via IM or PM, either one.

hehe

quote:

I'm serious about this. I'm not going to take shit from a couple of overbearing assholes. Whosoever backs me up, please say so.

Of course your serious.  Just like all your other posts.

If i'm overbearing then you gotta tip yourself over.

quote:

Oh, and guys, if you've got a problem with the way I deal with people, take it up with me. You're the ones who are acting like children here. Actions speak louder than words, kids.

I am and your the only one thats STILL going off like a cannon.  so the 'acting like children' statment still belongs to you.

quote:

The issue is clear, you think I owe you something.

nope.

quote:
and when I don't kiss your ass, you call me a troll

No, I call you a troll for postsing idiotic posts by complaining of other users.  

quote:

and pull this Jr. High shit.

What jr high shit?  Stop ranting like a child.

quote:

Some moderators you are.

well, i'm not a mod so no worries there.

quote:

If my being here pisses you off... then I'll stay forever.

being here or not isn't gonna change who you are.

So stay, go thats totaly up to you.  I'll just get a good laugh out of it once in a while.

So much for it being dead around here.  I'd say things are quite alive judging by the above posts.

solarismka

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #51 on: 20 May 2004, 07:15 »
quote:
Originally posted by xyle_one:
So telling you to grow up means I am a troll?

No.  but that is a troll statment.

quote:
Holy shit. I didn't know everyone here was so fucking sensitive and thin-skinned. Perhaps I should take my vulgarity elsewhere. Should have seen it coming when the site changed its name   :rolleyes:  

ok Perhaps you should if thats all you can post

xyle_one

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #52 on: 20 May 2004, 07:18 »
quote:

No. but that is a troll statment.

No its not.

quote:

ok Perhaps you should if thats all you can post

Search my post history for the last 2 years dude  :rolleyes:

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #53 on: 20 May 2004, 07:22 »
quote:
If he disagreed the no that would not be called trolling. He was whinning about other members of the forum.

So yes, he was trolling.

You're now whining about me. You're a troll.

quote:
You see that right there! Thats trolling.

So now, saying anything ABOUT a person is trolling? Wow, that means you've been doing some serious trolling in this thread, boy.

quote:
Just by that statment, it shows your maturaty level.

Ah! I see, so it IS a superiority thing. You want to use "troll" to show someone who is lesser than you, and you're using "maturaty" (the word is maturity, you illiterate putz) to determine who is a "troll".

Guess what, I'm making up a new definition for troll. Anybody that is Solaris or Paladin is a "troll".

quote:
Youy could of left it at that statment above but that shust shot a hole right through it.

You could have not flailed your hands about and bashed your keyboard, and instead, actually typed. You didn't, though. You talk about maturity, and then you spew these quickly hacked-together whinefests.

Allright. I'll say it clear.

It is not your place to judge the actions of others.

Is that mature and simple and polite enough for the likes of you? I'm sorry if I don't bow down and snap to your every command, oh great and worshipful ones.
Go the fuck ~

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #54 on: 20 May 2004, 07:23 »
quote:
Refalm, this is a public request to have Paladin and Solaris de-modded for unprofessional behavior :-D

My apologies to any other mod who I've disagreed with (Laukev, Xeen)... THESE guys are the problem. Refalm, if you'd really hate to see me leave, then please get back to me on this issue via IM or PM, either one.

I'm serious about this. I'm not going to take shit from a couple of overbearing assholes. Whosoever backs me up, please say so.

Oh, and guys, if you've got a problem with the way I deal with people, take it up with me. You're the ones who are acting like children here. Actions speak louder than words, kids.

The issue is clear, you think I owe you something, and when I don't kiss your ass, you call me a troll and pull this Jr. High shit. Some moderators you are.

If my being here pisses you off... then I'll stay forever.

Unprofessional?  Since when are we expected to act professional on some internet forum?

I can tell that my last post really pissed you off.  Normally I do not want to piss off people here, but I no longer really care what you think, Jimmy.  You are now just that member that always bitches to people when they disagree with you, and other members here laugh at you when you do that.    :D  

At first I did want to see you leave, but now I am starting to see the humor in it all.  Please stay.

Oh, and I want to mention that I DO NOT think that siplus is a troll.  Solaris, just becuase he disagree's with you does not make him a troll.  At least he does not mouth off to you and call you a moron or whatever like another member here COUGH:Jimmy:COUGH

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

Paladin9

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #55 on: 20 May 2004, 07:27 »
quote:
It is not your place to judge the actions of others.

Oh, so this does not apply to you?

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

insomnia

Rather dead lately...
« Reply #56 on: 20 May 2004, 07:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin9:
[QB]

Unprofessional?  Since when are we expected to act professional on some internet forum?

?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

skyman8081

• VIP
  • Kudos: 187
    • http://sauron.game-host.org/
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #57 on: 20 May 2004, 07:35 »
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin9:

when you Moderate the discussions in it.

and this quote is evidence of when I said Paladin acts immature in his character

if you want to know what a troll actually is, think back to rkmaster.  he was a proper troll.

[ May 19, 2004: Message edited by: Sauron: Troll Warrior ]

2 motherfuckers have sigged me so far.  Fuck yeah!

xyle_one

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #58 on: 20 May 2004, 07:44 »
Do not post anything as it will upset someone and you will be labeled a troll.

Paladin9

• VIP
Rather dead lately...
« Reply #59 on: 20 May 2004, 07:56 »
quote:
Originally posted by Sauron: Troll Warrior:
and this quote is evidence of when I said Paladin acts immature in his character

if you want to know what a troll actually is, think back to rkmaster.  he was a proper troll.

You really think I am immature?  More so then Jimmy?  I recall others(do not remember who) considering you  a toll.

Honestly, I am getting sick and tired of using the word "troll".  Doesnt anyone else feel that way too?

It looks like all we are doing now is arguing who is a troll and who isnt.  Why dont we just all forget everything and start acting normal?

[ May 19, 2004: Message edited by: Paladin9 ]