Author Topic: Lord of the Rings (*WARNING: Spoilers*)  (Read 659 times)

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
Lord of the Rings (*WARNING: Spoilers*)
« Reply #15 on: 20 December 2002, 05:13 »
quote:
Originally posted by Crunchy(Cracked)Butter:
Golem was really good, they put alot of effort into him, what spoiled it for me was when people were laughing at him

I found it hard not to laugh when he said nope. Screaming at himself one minute, and then just lets out that nope. Seemed absurd.

quote:

Faramir, hmmm, i have to read the book again, i cannot remember him totally, i thought he left them where he found them not take them all the way to Gondor. Does he really do this? Also was the wraith actually at the white city as well in the book?
[/qb]

Faramir doesn't want the ring in the book. He gives them supplies, and they move along. The whole gondor thing was made up there.

quote:
I felt the Ents were rushed as well, quite a little was missing, i felt they needed a little bit more of a character buildup.

The Ents were sadly missing alot.  I mean they missed ALOT, the Ent Beer, the talking about Ents and all.  They were nearly lame come to think of it.  Also Merry and Pippin should of had a bigger part.
(Cracked)Butter ][/qb]

Aiming for a 4 hour movie? Woulda been good though. Maybe he'll add something in the extended edition. Then he'll pull a Lucas and release the Extended editions in theaters after ROTK.

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: fett101 ]

pkd_lives

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: 20 December 2002, 06:16 »
quote:
5 books ain't a trilogy. And Adams was working on a screenplay before he died. Havn't heard a word about it since.

And your point is? It is all part of the joke.

The BBC version was not that bad. And he's been working on a screenplay for 20 years. If memory serves correctly the project has been greenlighted around 5 times, and still it does not get made. Part of the problem was Adams had many things to do in life, and second I think his hatred of film producers was up there with Terry Pratchetts' (although I may be wrong, after all he did move to Cali.)

quote:
Golem was really good, they put alot of effort into him, what spoiled it for me was when people were laughing at him

I agree, there were a few times when he is funny, but he was a character of pity. The Schitzo sceen was very good, unfortunately you could tell the audience was split in two, half were silent staring transfixed at the film, the others were laughing.

[ December 20, 2002: Message edited by: Linux Frank ]

Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #17 on: 20 December 2002, 06:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by Linux Frank:
I agree, there were a few times when he is funny, but he was a character of pity. The Schitzo sceen was very good, unfortunately you could tell the audience was split in two, half were silent staring transfixed at the film, the others were laughing.

The people who laughed are the same idiots who laughed in the first movie when Bilbo refered to what he was smokeing as "pipe weed", fucking desensitized morons that pass for young people now adays, what's the world comin to.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Doctor V

« Reply #18 on: 20 December 2002, 06:49 »
:(    :(    :(    :(  

The extended version just came out in Japan, I'm going to watch it tomorrow.  No Two Towers for a long time ...

:(    :(    :(    :(

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #19 on: 20 December 2002, 12:31 »
The idiots directly behind me in the theater wouldn't shut the hell up. They couldn't tell the difference Gandalph and Salumon (however thats spelled) and they were confused when it showed the future where Aragorn is old and dies. Not surprising that there were dumbasses, considering the whole town was packed into that tiny theater, but why in gods name did they have to sit directly behind me!!!

Wasn't there a really bad TV show in the UK of the hitchhiker's guide?

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2002, 19:53 »
I think they made a hash of faramir in TTT. I am already hearing runmours of people saying he seems bad. I would not say that but he if definately not portrayed as who he is in the book, then again he doesnt have much of a role so i'll let it slide...

I have to go see this film again though, there are things I want to look at again.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
« Reply #21 on: 20 December 2002, 21:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Macman: Mac Trooper / BoB:
Wasn't there a really bad TV show in the UK of the hitchhiker's guide?

Twas a low budget mini series Available now on DVD.

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #22 on: 20 December 2002, 22:05 »
Hrm... I dont think its out in aussieland yet, well it is on pirate VCD, but im sick of damn people laughing in those things.