Author Topic: Microsoft to tweak XP after DOJ complaints  (Read 802 times)

mc0282

• Kudos: 0
Microsoft to tweak XP after DOJ complaints
« on: 6 April 2003, 08:38 »
Hmm microsoft following judge order. yeah right!!!

doesn't this judge realize microsoft are liars or he just don't give fuck ?

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-995480.html

(please if this was already post please tell me)
huh, what?

zoolooo

« Reply #1 on: 7 April 2003, 04:03 »
quote:
WASHINGTON--Microsoft has agreed to tweak its Windows XP operating system in response to recent feedback from the Justice Department over its antitrust settlement with the federal government.

Microsoft will give more prominent display to a button in Windows that allows computer users to remove the company's Internet Explorer browser, company spokesman Jim Desler said.

The company believes the button's original placement complied with the settlement, Desler said. But he said the company agreed to change its position in the Windows "start menu" after talking with the Justice Department  

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #2 on: 7 April 2003, 05:39 »
quote:
doesn't this judge realize microsoft are liars or he just don't give fuck ?
By now, I'm sure the judge fully realizes that M$ are pathological liars. Thta's not really the problem. Where the problem truly lies is that these judges aren't tech-savvy. After all, just how familiar is he with computers? What can he rely on except the say-so of others who are more knowledgeable than himself? And what happens if these knowledgeable "experts" are bought and paid for by M$?

If they really wanted to accomplish something, they'd make M$ include a button in Winderz that you could push that would erase Winderz from the HD and install the Linux distro of your choice. Now that would be an improvement.   :D  

Their fundamental design flaws are completely concealed by their superficial design flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux
If software can be free, why can't dolphins?

mc0282

« Reply #3 on: 7 April 2003, 07:25 »
LOL...
huh, what?

Faust

« Reply #4 on: 7 April 2003, 11:42 »
If Microsoft buys AOL then I'm sure the mozilla project will die, to be replaced by an extremely similar project, using exactly the same source code as Mozilla, with the exact same engineers as worked on Mozilla and with only a slight adjustment to the name - something like "freezilla" would be appropriate.
It's an open source project yes?  Its impossible for AOL or Microsoft to shaft the Mozilla project or to make it closed source no matter how hard they try.
Plus AOL Time Warner is only one of the largest media companies in the world.
It would be pretty hard to buy out a company that fucking huge even for Microsoft!
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

Faust

« Reply #5 on: 7 April 2003, 11:49 »
To back up my point, AOL Time Warner statistics:
Largest media company ever in 2001. (Probably still is.)
Owns 24 book brands.
Owns 52 record labels.
Owns 4 sports teams.
9 online ventures including AOL, Netscape and Compuserve.
Internet service provider in over 14 countries.
AOL alone had over 14 million subscribers in 2001.
Warner Brothers studio stores in over 14 countries.
35 magazine titles including Time and Fortune with over 120 million readers.
24 book brands.
12 TV / film companies including Hanna Barbera and Warner Brothers cartoons, 29 cable TV operations including CNN and multiplex cinemas in 12 countries.
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

Siplus

• Kudos: 43
    • http://www.siplus.org
« Reply #6 on: 8 April 2003, 06:19 »
quote:
Internet service provider in over 14 countries.

whoa.i wouldn't be caught using AOL, and i can't imagine that non-Americans would get internet service from America OnLine...

http://www.siplus.org

"Your computer is already fucked up by having Windows
on it, you can only unfuck it up by installing Linux."
-- void main (old school MES member)

Desktop: Athlon 2600/ 768mb DDR266
--Running: Ubuntu 5.10, FC4, Win2k
 (Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)
12" Powerbook: 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerPC / 1.25 GB DDR333
--Running: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

mc0282

« Reply #7 on: 8 April 2003, 06:28 »
aol for gay people, Why should i care if micropirate buy out aol. wait, i should care because we going to see more aol bullshit ads on the mail box. fuck why aol and microsoft just die ?
huh, what?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
« Reply #8 on: 8 April 2003, 18:53 »
quote:
Siplus: *Capitalist*: whoa.i wouldn't be caught using AOL, and i can't imagine that non-Americans would get internet service from America OnLine...

You'd be surprised. Germans can choose to make AOL or CompuServe their ISP.

Here in the Netherlands, we only have CompuServe, and they really start to piss me off. They try to lure dial-up users into their service, with advertising that you can get 36 hours free internet. Costs to dial not included. Every week, I get a stupid CompuServe CD, which I usually use as a frisbee.
A lot of dial-up users here use CompuServe, because it's so "easy to use". I would just delete all the files on my HDD, if my browser said "Good bye" when I closed it.

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
« Reply #9 on: 9 April 2003, 16:31 »
What sort of idiot names their WORLD WIDE WEB browser after a certain country that a lot of people hate? It's a wonder AOL has dominated so much.

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #10 on: 10 April 2003, 21:49 »
Refalm:

Just 36 hours?? Over here we have the "1045 hours free!! -=for 45 days=-" Aol discs over here. I thought it was pretty stupid when they had the 1000 hour discs, but they went all the way and took it to 1045, which you would have to be on the internet just under 23 hours a day for 45 days. Same dialing cost disclaimer too...
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks

theangelofdeath69

• http://www.kaltemartech.com/
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2003, 13:39 »
And here in New Zealand, we have a single UTTERLY FREE ISP with NO dialling costs, and no hidden costs.  I've counted around 1 million connection attempts with a busy signal before though.
Specifications are for the weak and timid!
You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!
Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!
What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'. Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments' - and they ALWAYS WIN THEM.
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak.
A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment on his code!
Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES, and those features are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand.
You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the original Klingon.
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!