Author Topic: Hacking 30-day trial licenses  (Read 926 times)

dlk5730

• Kudos: 0
Hacking 30-day trial licenses
« on: 5 February 2002, 06:34 »
Does anyone know how to hack through a 30-day license problem. I am trying to re-install a program that gives you a free 30-day trial (Protel 99 SE), but the brilliant mf'ing microsoft people have either hidden a file in the Windows directory, or hidden something in the registry.  If I can just get my computer back to the state it was in BEFORE the first installation I should be fine... Any ideas?

(I've tried deleting everything I can find out of the registry, and I don't know exactly how to find a hidden file that they would be using)

Thanks, yO!

Peace!  :cool:     mailto :D [email protected]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #1 on: 5 February 2002, 15:25 »
there are a few ways of doing it, it depends what program you're using. why not try one of the bulletin boards where people are interested in making windows programs work? I would recommend one of the ones where people believe that it's good ethics to crack a demo copy of a program just because you can (actually it often is in my opinion, but there are many exceptions). You may get more bites there...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

badkarma

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: 6 February 2002, 15:10 »
For most windows programs turning back your system date is sufficient, there is even a program out there I think which allows you to set a date for individual programs.
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.