Author Topic: This Forum Is Fucked :)  (Read 2014 times)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
This Forum Is Fucked :)
« Reply #15 on: 7 May 2003, 03:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by ecsyle:
nice panos. i was going to "nominate" you but i wasnt sure if you wanted to mod. and i didnt want to put into that position if you didnt want to be. good show. i vote Panos to replace X11      

I didn't have such aspirations in the past and to tell you the honest truth, it never crossed my mind. After all, this place was full of mods.

However, after what X11 did today, I felt the need to propose myself, not because I believe that I'm 'perfect for the job' but because I believe that these forums need a more mature mod than X11.

Hell, what will people think when they visit the Unix/Linux forum and see the 'This forum sucks' inscription on top?    :eek:  

I'm really pissed off at this guy. I just hope the Webmaster sees this, eventhough I highly doubt it.    :rolleyes:

EDIT: There was a time when these forums rocked. People like void main, creedon, Aaron, chaosforages, and so many others used to post regularly and really help people on a regular basis. Hell, even Calum is so pissed off nowadays with these forums, Master of Reality doesn't even write 2% of the posts he used to etc etc etc.   :(

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: Panos ]

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #16 on: 7 May 2003, 03:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by The all Microsoft hater:
I'll mod. (I vote for myself)

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: The all Microsoft hater ]

i do not mean to be disrepsectful, but i think the job would best be done by a "veteran" member.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
  • Kudos: 122
« Reply #17 on: 7 May 2003, 03:59 »
quote:
Originally posted by ecsyle:

i do not mean to be disrepsectful, but i think the job would best be done by a "veteran" member.

oh! but I'm pretty responceable, I'll, only de;ete posts if I relly think the should, I'll never edit others' messages and best6 of all, I'm not a troll!

billy_gates

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
« Reply #18 on: 7 May 2003, 04:19 »
I think I am a more eligible mod because I am number 25 on these forums, not a number easily beaten.

Maniaman

« Reply #19 on: 7 May 2003, 04:36 »
You would all make good mods in my opinion... and yes, I voted yes  :D
I use my hotmail email on here to keep from begin spammed by trolls. If you want my good email address for something then ask... :)

flap

• Kudos: 137
« Reply #20 on: 7 May 2003, 04:39 »
quote:

oh! but I'm pretty responceable, I'll, only de;ete posts if I relly think the should, I'll never edit others' messages and best6 of all, I'm not a troll!

Here are a few reasons why you should never be allowed to be a mod, of anything:

1. responceable
2. de;ete
3. relly
4. best6
"While envisaging the destruction of imperialism, it is necessary to identify its head, which is none other than the United States of America." - Ernesto Che Guevara

http://counterpunch.org
http://globalresearch.ca

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #21 on: 7 May 2003, 04:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by Billy Gates: Mac Comrade Captain:
I think I am a more eligible mod because I am number 25 on these forums, not a number easily beaten.

I do not believe that someone is more eligible for a mod because of his member number. What if a troll that was number 10 steps in and wants to be also a mod? Come on, let's be serious here.   ;)

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #22 on: 7 May 2003, 05:10 »
I really don't think it'd be a good idea for Billy G. to mod the *nix forum. On the other hand, Panos seems to be somewhat of a Linux-head, and isn't an immature prick.

I vote for Panos.

For the other forums, I really don't know who to vote for, so I'll simply not vote like a good citizen.  

xyle_one

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2003, 05:18 »
i would mod the Windows Operating Systems forum, as i do not see the point in having more than one mod in the dead thread zone.

Canadian Lover

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2003, 06:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by flap:

Here are a few reasons why you should never be allowed to be a mod, of anything:

1. responceable
2. de;ete
3. relly
4. best6

so waht if I make a few spelling and grammer mastakes! It happens to everyone! becides, English is not my first language, so I not verry good at it.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #25 on: 7 May 2003, 06:57 »
quote:

so waht if I make a few spelling and grammer mastakes! It happens to everyone! becides, English is not my first language, so I not verry good at it.

A few? Okie dokie. English isn't my first language either, by the way, but it doesn't impare my ability to type without making a mistake every-freakin-word!

Canadian Lover

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: 7 May 2003, 07:05 »
plus my fingers slip on the keys

Maniaman

« Reply #27 on: 7 May 2003, 08:19 »
Not hard to tell  ;)
I use my hotmail email on here to keep from begin spammed by trolls. If you want my good email address for something then ask... :)

billy_gates

• http://www.skinner.com/jeffberg
« Reply #28 on: 7 May 2003, 21:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuirk:
I really don't think it'd be a good idea for Billy G. to mod the *nix forum. On the other hand, Panos seems to be somewhat of a Linux-head, and isn't an immature prick.

I vote for Panos.

For the other forums, I really don't know who to vote for, so I'll simply not vote like a good citizen.    

Whoa no need for a personal attack, and your right, I shouldn't be allowed to mod the linux forum.  Linux isn't my bag baby.  I think I could mod well in the mac forum though.

And being number 25 just means I have experience at being a member of the MES Forums (which means nothing at all) but I can still hold it against you guys.  Man I love playing politician, its so fun.

xyle_one

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: 7 May 2003, 10:04 »
again, member number shouldnt mean anything. but, if we are going to play that game, lets throw in post count + quality of posts, and amount of contribution to this site. fuck man.

Panos for linux mod.