Author Topic: computer stupidities!  (Read 348 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
computer stupidities!
« on: 16 January 2003, 16:57 »
that site fett posted was classic!

http://rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_listen.shtml

quote:
#  Friend: "I hate IBM. Go with Apple because Windows sucks."
# Me: "What about Linux? Or FreeBSD or another alternate OS?"
# Friend: "They don't exist."
# Me: "Try www.linux.org."
# Friend: "You made them up."

haw!    :D    
quote:
   *  Tech Support: "Hi, how can I help you?"
    * Customer: "Uh, yeah, I can't print."
    * Tech Support: "Ok, sir, I want you to click 'Start' and--"
    * Customer: "Listen, buddy, don't get technical on me! I'm not Bill Freakin' Gates, you know!"
-----------------
    * Customer: "Please help. I bought a 14400 fax/voice. There were some corks (jumpers) on it. I did some replacing and switching. My modem won't work. Can you tell me why?"
-----------------
I am a technician for a school system using a Novell network. One day I had a user call and complain, "Every time I turn off my computer, I lose my network connection."
-----------------
    * Office Worker: "I deleted all the images in our database that were more than three days old. Now I can't get the pictures I scanned last week. Maybe the database has some problems?"
-----------------
    * Tech Support: "What type of computer do you have?"
    * Customer: "A white one."

i love it!!! what will i do when i have read them all!!!    :eek:  

i am so sorry but:

quote:
   *  Customer: "Uhh...I need help unpacking my new PC."
    * Tech Support: "What exactly is the problem?"
    * Customer: "I can't open the box."
    * Tech Support: "Well, I'd remove the tape holding the box closed and go from there."
    * Customer: "Uhhhh...ok, thanks...."

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

TheGreatPoo

• Kudos: 0
computer stupidities!
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2003, 20:10 »
My personal favorite  :D  :

quote:
Email from a customer:

I've bought a stolen CDD3610 which didn't come with any software or cables. Could you please send that to me? I presume I do have the full 12 months warranty?
When Bill Gates throws you a curve ball, hit him in his jewels with the bat!

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
computer stupidities!
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2003, 22:09 »
haw haw haw!  
quote:
The owner of the company I was serving as system administrator, webmaster, and whipping boy, showed up one day and plopped down with his laptop and prepared to do some work. All of a sudden I heard my name called, so I ran up there and the following exchange occurred:

* Him: "Hey! I got a problem! It starts loading Windows, shows the startup screen, then it just dies. Fix it."
    * Me: "Is the battery charged?"
    * Him: "Of course! Just put a new one in."

So I sat down and crank the laptop up. Sure enough, Windows started loading, and then the whole thing died. Fearing the worst, I tried it again (it'd been a long day), and the same thing happened.

This is when I spotted one end of the power cord lying on the desk. I plugged it in, and it worked just fine. I played out a hand of solitaire (like I said, it'd been a long day). When I told him that I'd fixed it, he was astonished and asked how. I still remember my response to him:

* Me: "I had to hack at your registry for a bit because a virus had caused a conflict between your mouse port and the UART in your CONFIG.SYS. It was real touch and go for a while there, but I managed to get it by converting your kernel from binary to hexadecimal and backending one of your IRQs into your BIOS."

And he actually bought it.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
computer stupidities!
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2003, 23:03 »
quote:
The owner of the company I was serving as system administrator, webmaster, and whipping boy, showed up one day and plopped down with his laptop and prepared to do some work. All of a sudden I heard my name called, so I ran up there and the following exchange occurred:

* Him: "Hey! I got a problem! It starts loading Windows, shows the startup screen, then it just dies. Fix it."
* Me: "Is the battery charged?"
* Him: "Of course! Just put a new one in."

So I sat down and crank the laptop up. Sure enough, Windows started loading, and then the whole thing died. Fearing the worst, I tried it again (it'd been a long day), and the same thing happened.

This is when I spotted one end of the power cord lying on the desk. I plugged it in, and it worked just fine. I played out a hand of solitaire (like I said, it'd been a long day). When I told him that I'd fixed it, he was astonished and asked how. I still remember my response to him:

* Me: "I had to hack at your registry for a bit because a virus had caused a conflict between your mouse port and the UART in your CONFIG.SYS. It was real touch and go for a while there, but I managed to get it by converting your kernel from binary to hexadecimal and backending one of your IRQs into your BIOS."

And he actually bought it.  

that is great!! i think we are discovering new & better ways to troubleshoot windoids problems   :D

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: Xyle: iGeek... ]

TheGreatPoo

• Kudos: 0
computer stupidities!
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2003, 23:19 »
quote:

That's the best part!  HAHAHA!  :D
When Bill Gates throws you a curve ball, hit him in his jewels with the bat!