Author Topic: Firearms debate (formerly Symantec Firewall blocks freedom)  (Read 1797 times)

AmericanBastard

• Kudos: 33
    • http://none
Firearms debate (formerly Symantec Firewall blocks freedom)
« Reply #60 on: 18 November 2003, 05:58 »
rightttttttttttt....comparing bush to hitler is like comparing the pope to jack the ripper....

if you must use analogies, please try and use ones that are at least close to fact.
ummmmmmmmmmm...idunno

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
Firearms debate (formerly Symantec Firewall blocks freedom)
« Reply #61 on: 18 November 2003, 11:26 »
Let me get this out of the way first. I believe that the way to get most people to act more maturely around guns is to push people to get them trained on how to use guns. Get that taken care of and then, maybe, people won't go killing each other over little shit.

Posted By Faust:

quote:
Oh so its written on a MORE IMPORTANT bit of paper? Completely changes the situation then... Words arent important, beliefs are. If the belief of the American people changes tomorrow, so should the constitution. Sorry, but I hope that a democratic person like you wouldnt want a piece of paper signed by a lot of dead people to be more important than democratic process... So in the mean time we can argue for beliefs and you can't try and justify them with a symbol OK?

If the belief changes tomorrow, I don't think the constitution should change right away. Why? Because (most) people aren't rational. And it's not like people can't be led by others with an ulterior motive either.
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks