Author Topic: www.unixsucks.com; a valuable resource?  (Read 2848 times)

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
www.unixsucks.com; a valuable resource?
« Reply #60 on: 3 September 2002, 12:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by www.unixsucks.com:
You shall be one hell of an angry old man. I really don't envy your grand children.
What makes you so angry? That somebody expressed his own opinion? Is not what this is all country is about?
Well please continue being pissed off.

P.S. And you remark about my origin shall go to that people who accussed me being a racist, please now tear up this asshole as well. Being all non-biased as you claim to be you are supposed to do that, don't you?
And you old man, I have accomplished in my life more then average american and I'm not done yet (as you are).

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: www.unixsucks.com ]

Idiot, you can pick on another counntey, but not people of a another race in your country... Dor example i can say that VoidMain and M0R are eskimo canadians. And you a commie, and me well you can call me the croc hunter!

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #61 on: 3 September 2002, 12:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
ok, but that russian remark was racist, and sarcasm or not, racism is not good, and personally i don't think it belongs here, even in the lounge.

this time it wasn't hurtful, and i suspect was tongue in cheek, but if i was here more often i'd be watching for racist remarks and dealing them a heavy hand. i still mod this forum, and if racism, or gay bashing, or sexism or whatever comes up and i see it, then 'FUCK'. that's all i can say........

Oh yes, and to get back on track, yes, i think 'unixsucks.com'... SUCKS!

I only find racism hilariously evil when its against a skin color or religion. Ya bloody scot!  :D

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #62 on: 3 September 2002, 15:05 »
i can't think of a suitable retort!    :eek:  

re: the US shoving it's big army into other countries' faces, the reason they go and bugger everything up is that they still fight wars instead of just assasinating the corrupt leaders. look at Milosevic, Saddam, and supposedly, Bin Laden. The Geneva convention (i think, or is it some other landmark treaty?) prevents one country from just knocking off another country's leader, theory being that the country should have control over it's internal procedures. if an uprising happens, it must be because of the natives of that country et c. Instead, the US sends 'peace keeping forces' which is the most ridiculous oxymoron in the world, and this drags the whole thing out into a big fucking Viet Nam.

re: Israel. Israel was given its own land in 1948. Palestine was not. where the fuck are they supposed to live? the only reason the Israelis want Gaza back is because it's on the coast!

I'm not against the US in particular, i'm sure all the other countries would be just as bad if they had the chance, but the US has made sure it is the most powerful nation in terms of firearms, so naturally it is the worst offender on this score.

Again, no reflection on the citizens. in a real democracy, decent citizens would vote in a government that did not do these horrible things, but for one, democracy does not work due to apathy (see my earlier post) and also the main thrust of the US' overseas policy is shielded, or even better, spun out of all context before being delivered in simplified form to the masses.

just a thought...

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #63 on: 3 September 2002, 16:28 »
Guys let's give it a break ha? We are all citizens of this decaying planet and victims (as I see it) of corrupted politicians and greedy governments. It doesn't matter where we come from, what colour we have, to me we are all the same. Sporkme/bob, you too are a very intelligent person. Your posts prove it and forgive me for overreacting earlier.  ;)  Anyway, I believe I came here for another reason and not for political discussion.

PS Sporkme we're all correct. Europe couldn't have done it without the US in WWII. As for the coalmines in Eastern Europe I really don't know because the Eastern European countries don't belong to the EU. I didn't know how Goebels was spelled in English, so I'm sorry about that too.

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
« Reply #64 on: 3 September 2002, 17:09 »
pantso, here here, have a beer

peace
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

sporkme

« Reply #65 on: 4 September 2002, 12:26 »
athens hosted the survivors of the brittanic
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #66 on: 4 September 2002, 12:44 »
Hey, now there's a thought. Let's start listing some "good" things that each country has done. Dragging out all the crap reminds me too much of the negative campaining that our US politicians like to use lately.  To me it is just a waste of time.  It's like voting for the "lesser of two evils" rather than "which one is better". Of course with politicians "lesser of two evils" may be the more appropriate phrase.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

sporkme

« Reply #67 on: 4 September 2002, 14:54 »
errr i may have been wrong about that... i know they (athens) hosted a rescue from some (countless) huge ww2 shipwreck, but it may or may not have been britticanica.... pantso?

yeah list some good things....

i'll just postthe obvious....

US feeds the most foreign starving of any country (through much bickering, admittedly)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
« Reply #68 on: 4 September 2002, 19:10 »
I don't know about Brittanica but the truth is that Greece like any other country, provided shelter during WW2 to the allies. The Greek resistance worked very closely with the allies as well. I remember my grandmother telling me how they took in a RAF pilot and took care of him when he was being chased by the Nazis.

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #69 on: 4 September 2002, 22:14 »
Eorope makes the best beer (bier). No offense to the Ausies, you have great beer too. And I'm not talking about the beer that is imported to the US. I don't know what they do to it when it enters the country but it sucks when it gets here. They must inject it with skunk piss so as not to compete with Buttwiper (Budweiser). The European beer can only be appreciated within Europe. Of course any beer is better than whimpy American beer. There are a few good micro brews in the US but they try to emulate the European beer.

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #70 on: 4 September 2002, 22:32 »
European beer rocks and dont I know it.  

I am talking about europe proper though and not the UK.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #71 on: 4 September 2002, 23:49 »
you know, budweiser is actually based on an old Czech beer called Budvar. it's very popular now in Scotland, and you can get it in Melbourne pubs too (not sure about Sydney, it's probably too designer for Sydney...) you should try it, it kicks ass compared with the US come-lately chemical enhanced version!  
Another favourite of mine is beers made from wheat instead of barley! mmmmmm they are lovely! top names are Schofferhofer and Hoegaarden.

Also, and you'll need to come to Scotland for this, but you cannot whack a good pint of Tennent's 70 shilling (now annoyingly called Velvet to catch the youth market) or Belhaven Best. Irish best beers by a very long way are Beamish Black (which wins any fight against Guinness hands down) and Beamish Red. This beer is actually red! and it tastes really good.

Right sorry, just had to round up some good European beers for ya in case anybody fancies trying them!

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #72 on: 5 September 2002, 00:56 »
I've seen (and drunk) the same stuff in France.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

voidmain

• VIP
« Reply #73 on: 5 September 2002, 01:03 »
Ahh yes, wheat beer is good too. I like the half inch of sediment on the bottom of the bottle.    No really, it's good stuff.  And my buddy is a big fan of "Kilkenny" which I believe is an Irish beer. That one is actually one of the better imports. I've never had it when I was in Europe.  I used to drink a lot of Bitburger, and other local brews...

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #74 on: 5 September 2002, 01:24 »
kilkenny is the irish beer most similar to seventy. however a pint of seventy shilling really does go down a lot better depending on the brewery it comes from. kilkenny is available in a lot of places though, so it makes a good substitute for anybody who is hankering for a seventy! i despair of good beer now i'm in london! these fuckers all drink lukewarm fucking piss!