Author Topic: www.unixsucks.com; a valuable resource?  (Read 2852 times)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
www.unixsucks.com; a valuable resource?
« Reply #75 on: 5 September 2002, 03:30 »
I spent a little time in England. Not in London though, up north in the country farther closer to Norwich. I remember drinking a lot of good cold pints so I know at least some places sell it chilled. And I thought the beer there was also very good.

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #76 on: 5 September 2002, 14:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
kilkenny is the irish beer most similar to seventy. however a pint of seventy shilling really does go down a lot better depending on the brewery it comes from. kilkenny is available in a lot of places though, so it makes a good substitute for anybody who is hankering for a seventy! i despair of good beer now i'm in london! these fuckers all drink lukewarm fucking piss!

Calum, women just cause trouble  
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #77 on: 5 September 2002, 21:29 »
????? i don't understand???!?!?!?!!!

i was talking about beer... maybe women are the reason for the lukewarm beer here? it certainly looks like piss, that's for sure. the 'best' southern english beers appear to be the ones with the most halfhearted gob of white bubbly scum on the top. seriously, thank gods for imported beers!
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

KernelPanic

• VIP
« Reply #78 on: 5 September 2002, 21:35 »
It was your lady's 'fault' that you moved to London (read: Spiritual home of Soft Southern Jessies) was it not?

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: Tux ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #79 on: 5 September 2002, 21:40 »
ah! now i understand! yes i suppose it was, however i remain philosophical about it, she dislikes london at least as much as i do. just not suited to it i suppose. she's from north shore sydney and london is like a smellier version of sydney (i will attest to this) so you know, she feels like she's kind of past it all. we'd like to settle in scotland once we have some savings. until then, i suppose i will have to buy foreign beer and lump it! i could always nip across to the west country for some of their amazing cider!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!            

KernelPanic

• VIP
« Reply #80 on: 5 September 2002, 21:45 »
lol.

Orr well, once you finish your spell in London you and her can go back to scotland get a log cabin, with a log fire and a nice rug and enjoy the nicer pleasures of life without the sound of a big red bus, the squeel of a cockney and the choke of the smog.  ;)

You get my drift...

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #81 on: 5 September 2002, 22:07 »
You had to bring up the cider!  My weak American stomache was not cut out for that cider.  I don't remember much of the day other than I puked and puked and puked and puked and dry heaved and puked. My head was splitting like it was going to pop, thought I was going to die.  

Of course I was at a "Monsters of Rock" concert at the time. I may have mixed it with the wrong alcohol (don't remember drinking very much) or maybe I was already getting a touch of the flu.  At any rate, *bad* memories of the cider.

But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt as it could have been something else that triggered it. Who knows at a Monsters of Rock concert with 300,000 smelly drunks running around. And I'm sure any of the food could have been suspect.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #82 on: 5 September 2002, 22:09 »
sure do! a log house in scotland! that'd be bloody chilly in the winter!  ;)

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
« Reply #83 on: 6 September 2002, 02:54 »
i have been all through france (long trip) and stayed too short a time in london.

i was in france in the middle of soem hugh soccer match (world cup?) and the scots took over paris and bought everyone beer.

a beer i miss from over there: desperados (or despe')

of course there is alot more to a country than a beer!  --there's women!

and budweiser is still king!  as for european brews, i get my head elsewhere~~~~  :D

no i like Old Peculier and an (continental) indian beer, (imperted as) Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.

it is amazing how quickly you become (halfway) fluent in a foriegn language when you MUST if you want to eat.
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #84 on: 6 September 2002, 03:07 »
the only beer i will drink these days is a Newcastle brown ale. that, or some of the local breweries  beers. i cant stand anything like buttwipers or coors.

ecsyle_one

sporkme

• Kudos: 149
    • http://sporkme.net/
« Reply #85 on: 7 September 2002, 17:50 »
yeah, it wears on the gut... but nothing like true russian vodka, true japaneese sake, or true scottish scotch.

try skull-splitter.  it is available nation-wide, but rare everywhere.
just that you do not take an interest in politics does not mean that politics will not take an interest in you.  -pericles 430 b.c.

SpaceMonkey

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.project-mayhem.ndo.co.uk/
« Reply #86 on: 10 September 2002, 01:02 »
this post in short we all fall victims to propaganda. its everywhere. as well, there will always be people who try to get others to react to them in a negative way just for attention. Unixsucks posts here just because he knew he would get several responses and it makes him fell like he has accomplished something. we all yearn to feel important and we sometimes forget who we are, this happens especially through the animnity of online forums.
"you must accept the fact that one day you will die."

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
« Reply #87 on: 10 September 2002, 13:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
democracy doesn't work, i'm afraid, however i have yet to see any real alternative.

i think the reason democracy doesn't work is because of a convoluted electoral process and parliamentary model. the so called united kingdon has one of the worst examples of this. because our system is so ineffective (ie about 40 percent of votes cast actually count towards the government who gets voted in, and all House of Commons decisions must be vetoed by the House of Lords, who are unelected) we happen to have about 40% of the populace don't even bother to turn up on voting day. guess which political persuasion tends to make the effort? that's right, the foaming at the mouth "i'm alright, jack" types.

Anyway, re: guns, if it was against the law to carry guns, only criminals would have them, and even then not many would. This is the case in the UK, and it holds true. in a country where guns are supposedly a right (although i have it on authority that the right to bear arms is taken out of context by most people) i hear many times about people's kids killing each other, maniacs killing dozens in schools et cetera. is this good? freewill for the nutters? you decide... or at least you do in a democracy.

also,  I agree entirely. very good post, VoidMain.It leaves little more to be said, in my opinion...

Well im a communist, a real communist... It was stalin who gave communism a bad name... If communism works out it will create a harmony where everyone respects others and there will be no need for a government.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #88 on: 10 September 2002, 13:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
Eorope makes the best beer (bier). No offense to the Ausies, you have great beer too. And I'm not talking about the beer that is imported to the US. I don't know what they do to it when it enters the country but it sucks when it gets here. They must inject it with skunk piss so as not to compete with Buttwiper (Budweiser). The European beer can only be appreciated within Europe. Of course any beer is better than whimpy American beer. There are a few good micro brews in the US but they try to emulate the European beer.

Crown Lager Rules!!!

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
« Reply #89 on: 10 September 2002, 14:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by Tux:
lol.

Orr well, once you finish your spell in London you and her can go back to scotland get a log cabin, with a log fire and a nice rug and enjoy the nicer pleasures of life without the sound of a big red bus, the squeel of a cockney and the choke of the smog.   ;)  

You get my drift...

Naa goto latrobe valley, victoria, australia, i used to live there, now i live in the east suburbs of melborne.

Aussie beer rules