Author Topic: Shameless Screenshots (very large image files.. NOT for dial-up)  (Read 67434 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music

Well here's my windows ME desktop, linux desktop coming soon...

you will notice this is not the version of calc.exe that comes with winME. calc.exe and clock.exe (along with that MSDOS executive you see there) are all from windows 2.

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
here is where you can get the 'we suck more' wallpaper (and a few other cool ones)
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Well, here's my linux desktop,
And may i just say:

the reason that BOTH of my screenshots are a bit wonky is because i reduced them to 66% of their original size. (from 1024 to 768 pixels across) and i also compressed them to buggery while saving to jpegs, so sucks to whomever may have been about to bitch about how terrible linux looks et cetera...

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Too many colors... not my kind of taste  

Anyway, I don't have the hard-disk space to install Lycoris Desktop/LX, so anyone that has a spare HD of at least 5 GB, living near or in the Netherlands, please contact me. (not that anyone will, but when I didn't try, it will fail anyhow)

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
I have no icons whatsoever on my desktop. I put everything in the quick launch bar.

My recycle bin is in My Computer instead of on the desktop.

(EDIT)To BOB X11 - Your lucky I decided to take my resolution down to 1024x768 before I took a screenshot. I could've made you suffer with a 1600x1200(my normal desktop resolution) picture and then you would've really been bitching. =0P(EDIT)

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Please delete the picture of Zombie9920...

He has an Internet Explorer logo in it  :mad:  (using Windows by force sucks, but at least remove all the logos reminding you of Microsoft)

Zombie9920

quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:
Please delete the picture of Zombie9920...

He has an Internet Explorer logo in it     :mad:     (using Windows by force sucks, but at least remove all the logos reminding you of Microsoft)

Hey imagine that. I have the IE icon in plain view because I use IE as my preferred browser. I have already tried all of the alternative browsers and they don't seem to have anything to offer that IE 6 doesn't already have. The difference is IE seems to do the best job rendering pages, java, flash, etc. I'll give the thumbs up to Mozilla cause it is a decent alternative browser, it just doesn't have what it takes to switch me over from IE.

P.S. With the exception of Master of Realitys' last Linux screen shot(the one using the blue visual style), the rest of the Linux screenshots aren't impressive at all. Linux looks unprofessional(looks like shit). ;P

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
I suppose you are going to tell me XP looks professional and not like a product from Fisher Price.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Zombie9920

quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
I suppose you are going to tell me XP looks professional and not like a product from Fisher Price.

Yeah, XP does look professional with the right visual style. Sure, Luna looks awful(like fisher price)...but it is so easy to do away with the Luna shit. Personally I don't care for Luna or Aqua(Apples' cartoonish look).

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
if i were to post a pict of my current desktop most would have to gasp in awe of the elagance and simplicity of windowmaker/*NeXT turbo cubes cost too much  :mad:  */ you cannot say that windowmaker is not elagant. it is very nice and loads in TWO seconds compared to kde's 20-30 seconds/*i never shut my box off so i cound'lnd give you from boot to gui sorry*/ if someone has space i will host it, but i think i already killed my yahoo acount   ;)
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
quote:
choasforages: if i were to post a pict of my current desktop most would have to gasp in awe of the elagance and simplicity of windowmaker/*NeXT turbo cubes cost too much  */ you cannot say that windowmaker is not elagant. it is very nice and loads in TWO seconds compared to kde's 20-30 seconds/*i never shut my box off so i cound'lnd give you from boot to gui sorry*/ if someone has space i will host it, but i think i already killed my yahoo acount

Just send it to me... I have 1 GB left on my account, and I just don't know what to do with it  

Ice-9

• Kudos: 0
    • http://users.pandora.be/Ice9
Calum, just got to
http://www.linux-games.com/tux/index.html.
You can find that wallpaper there, plus a lot more.

Oops, sorry, didn't notice the 2nd page :/

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: Ice9 ]

He was sitting on a rock. He was barefoot. His feet were frosty with ice-nine .....

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
i should have known a "huge images" thread would bring zombie624783637284638274 out of hibernation. Zombie64776483, even you are a relief after the moronity of XP Loser4328930483290482 and co.

As to how my desktops look, who cares? i am not an eye candy on the desktop kind of person. I actually took a minute to quickly change my desktop so it wouldn't just look like the default. Somebody has something to worry about if they judge their system purely on it's looks.

Also, as i mentioned before (of course one needs to say something more than six times for zombie526435467324 to actually read it, if that) I squished the pix down so much that they are a bit warped (and that includes my windows one which i notice he neglected to mention)

Anyway, here's Bill Gates:

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
hey, here's a screenshot from my work mac. still running os9.1 i'm afraid! the picture is of the Ba', a traditional game of street football held on christmas day and new year day in the streets of kirkwall, most northerly, and smallest city in scotland, and also the nearest city to where i grew up (me being from about 20 minutes' drive away in the country).

Anyway *here's the link to the image*
Yes, i know this is the huge images thread, but boomspeed is down again, so i can't post the image directly on here yet. i'll fix it later...

[edit - fixed, you should see my work desktop above.]

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]