Author Topic: X11, geeks, school.  (Read 1110 times)

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2003, 14:17 »
quote:
man can you poms play any sport?

Not really.  

But we were playing a very young side if you remember, which explains some of it.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

Faust

• Kudos: 0
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #16 on: 22 February 2003, 16:46 »
quote:
"VCE" (college)

vce is college now is it? i always thought it wasnt but hey what the genius X11 says is true hey? dont call people dumb fat retards unless you know what your talking about you dumb fat retard.

quote:
But we were playing a very young side if you remember, which explains some of it.

oh hush, we suck at soccer and now we finally win a game. plus its an excuse to pick on the damn poms... with their... evil... pom... ness.  ???
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that
 -- http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/error-haiku.html

Faust

X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #17 on: 22 February 2003, 16:53 »
btw america has colleges, we have universities.  say it with me X11 its only five sylables - u, ni, ver, sit, y.  no, no X11, not v, c, e, thats really hi, skool (fool).  btw have they taught you visual basic yet in that "college level" vce course?  man the rest of the world already thinks Australians are backward savages dont make it worse.  or we'll shove you in woomera, charge you $125 a night for the "pleasure" and then deport you to Zimbabwe.  I live in Canberra now so if i want to force Johnny Coward to whip out the deportation i can little fella. so *watch yourself* 8-)
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #18 on: 22 February 2003, 17:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by Faust:

oh hush, we suck at soccer and now we finally win a game. plus its an excuse to pick on the damn poms... with their... evil... pom... ness.  ???

Uhm you dumb fat hairy, person, VCE is just basicly what college is in the USA, is it not? yes it is, and i think i know that ALL countrys with a democratic goverment (at least they say they are) have univeritys, aussieland has all that, and faust, its only macman, he was ment to be flamed.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #19 on: 22 February 2003, 17:26 »
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Reliability of the Redmond Army:

That's not a very nice thing to say. There are 10 years of compulsory schooling in Australia, and 2 years non-compulsory, but the way things are going, if you don't do all 12, you will have a hard time finding a decent job. btw, I did all 12, and am now at uni. I also work as a database programmer, using skills that i started to acquire in grade 11 and 12, and continued to improve on. Australia has a very good education system.

Actually as soon as a kid turns 15 he can drop out if he likes so its about 9 years compolsuarty, after doing your VCE you can goto TAFE (dont know if you call it that in the US) but basicly you go there and can do a cource on whatever (my brothers doing Software Development, Hardware crap (which is more Windows orientated then a MSCE), ect.

<alf from home and away mode>AND DONT GO FLAMIN MY FLAIM CVOUNTRY UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR FLAMIN TALKING ABOUT YA FLAMIN FOOL</alf>

Oh and the Austrlian public education system (in my state) sucks ass, the goverment pays public school 30% of the education money, and the provate schools 70% which is fucking crazy, and austrlia is susposed to be a worker land, no its not, its ruled by corperations and im going to move to somwhere else. Im leaving austrlia, because of the goverment, it has 3 years to fix itself, then i goto Canada. I never hear canadians complaining so that where ill be going.

Faust

X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #20 on: 22 February 2003, 17:29 »
how the fuck does that quote relate to your comment? a quote on soccer... followed by a comment on college/uni.  it doesnt make sense fuckfeatures. btw im not fat (50kg) nor hairy (unless shoulder length is hairy now...) and im not dumb - you're the little year ten.

quote:
VCE is just basicly what college is in the USA, is it not?

a: who the fuck cares this is australia. you want to be an american then follow little johnies lead.
b: they have junior high and senior high i think... (good system imo btw)
c: could an american please respond as to whether you call the last years of secondary education "college?"

what does having a democratic government have to do with uni? there are still smart ppl in undemocratic countries young fella. (yes i know pol pot etc like killing smart ppl but in some cases ok?)

yeah ok macman was asking for it.  dont knock our country macman or we declare war on *you* personally instead of saddam.
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that

Faust

X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #21 on: 22 February 2003, 17:47 »
quote:
the goverment pays public school 30% of the education money, and the provate schools 70%

damn right thats fucked. its ok though most of the private school kids drop out at uni because their too used to being spoonfed. and a public school education will still have you knowing more than those narrowminded private school students.  And STICK IN SCHOOL.  Year ten dropouts cant be saved by TAFE... its maccas, bricklaying or putting tar on roads.  If your smart trust me you want to keep going... most of the dumbasses drop out pre year 12 so if you stick through to year 12 they actually teach you *interesting* and (gasp) *relevant* and doubleplus gasp *harder* stuff.  Yeah i know you can sleep through year 10 maths and still pass it, but thats only because of the jocks.

quote:
ruled by corporations

dont like it? go to a demo, vote one green and never let stupid right wing fucks open their mouth without a smartass comment from you. dont give up x11 all the fun stuff is at uni... its only two more years in school till you get here. anyway in year ten / year eleven classes all you have to do is pass, which isnt hard so read interesting books during class its what i did.  i would recommend Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe as a good book to start with. 8-) or a manual for something. anything really 8-).
Yesterday it worked
Today it is not working
Windows is like that

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #22 on: 22 February 2003, 18:14 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum: Member # 81:
i'm sure they have eleven or twelve of compulsory school, like any sensible country.

Whatever. I was just being an ass.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #23 on: 22 February 2003, 18:19 »
yes it is wrong, nobody here cares, so im leaving this hole of a country.

cloudstrife

X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #24 on: 22 February 2003, 22:06 »
quote:
Originally posted by Faust:
c: could an american please respond as to whether you call the last years of secondary education "college?"

Well I'm a junior in an american high school... and I have one more year before i go to college.  I think that proves your point      

EDIT

Junior = 11th year, not counting kindergarten.

[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: cloudstrife ]

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #25 on: 23 February 2003, 05:37 »
quote:
thankyou, much better, btw 3-1 at soccer man can you poms play any sport? 8-)
i'm scottish, i usually wish luck to any side that will beat england, and i was very happy to hear how well australia trashed england the other day! my girlfriend's australian so i have a much better connection with australia than england.

and before we hear any comments about scotland not being much cop at football (yes i know you guys all have egg chasing games that you call football, but here 'soccer' is called football), remember that scotland can beat england on a good day (ie when they're not on the defensive) and more to the point, scotland's population is only a twelfth of england's.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Pissed_Macman

• VIP
    • http://www.macrevolution.tk
X11, geeks, school.
« Reply #26 on: 23 February 2003, 07:45 »
Scotland rules! My parents drag me to the highland games every year.