Author Topic: A test anyone should take  (Read 805 times)

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
A test anyone should take
« Reply #15 on: 12 August 2004, 21:00 »
I'm not sure if we understand each other. What I took was not an intelligence test; I took that test because I needed a proper diagnosis of my learning disabilities. The IQ was only one small part of it, And yes, it did show my best qualities (arithmetics and languages) and pointed out the shortcomings that slowed me down. One of the tests involved naming a series of colours, numbers and pictures as fast as possible, where I scored amongst the poorest of the population (3rd-7th centile or something). I've also been found to be highly impulsive. You know, that sort of stuff.

From your description, what I took was exactly one of the sort of tests you were talking about. At least I hope. I'm really not as concerned with my IQ as with what kept me from performing well despite it. Because of that, I'm going to have to switch to social science (temporarily), the time to readjust and learn how to work properly with my non-standard abilities, before going back to my pure and applied science programme.

Fuck it, I'm all confused. The whole school system is crap anyway.

Oh, and YAY! My 2100th post!

[ August 12, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 / BOB ]