Author Topic: Bill Gates hands out millions to fight AIDS in India  (Read 1004 times)

NJDevils

• Kudos: 0
Bill Gates hands out millions to fight AIDS in India
« Reply #15 on: 15 November 2002, 22:51 »
Hey come on, while I hate microsoft, I dont think I will bash Gates on being a bad person. He didnt have to give out an extra $100 million to fight AIDS. It wasnt chump change either.

His being a good person, however, does not cover up the fact that his OS is an undeniably shoddy piece of work. I certainly wont pay for it, and if my workplace didnt require it, I wouldnt use it either.
Xbox must die.
MacOSX rox.

pkd_lives

« Reply #16 on: 15 November 2002, 23:39 »
It is small change for several reasons. It is 1/4% of his estimated worth (to you and me thats 25 per 10000 earnt, if WE were to give the equivalent in one year that he is giving over ten years - how much is he estimated to make over ten years?). It is from a foundation, which means he donated to the principle, which could have been a lot less. The tax benefits for the amount of money he makes far out weigh the cost of giving. But that is standard practice throughout the world.

Here is the bite. It's 100 million over TEN years, and M$ is giving over 400 million in funds for M$ education and M$ sponsored affairs over three years. I see a greedy man out to manipulate the masses. That's my opinion.
Tough - Adapt or die : Read The Fucking Manual.

Local Area Network in Australia: the LAN down under.

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #17 on: 16 November 2002, 00:13 »
its all PR. He started doing that after many people put the presure on him about it during the late 90's. Many people were screaming about BG to give to charities since he is the wealthiest man on earth. And if you remember he didnt take it very well.

Besides he is  not losing anything. The money that he gives will return back at him with interest.

And the bottom line is this. Should we REALLY thank someone that wealthy for giving money to help others and this does not apply for BG only. Its sad that we give thanks for things that should be THE DEFAULT in our society.
 Besides its obvious that his motives with India are not that pure.

I will give thanks to somebody who will give money and his wallet will be hurt by it.

[ November 15, 2002: Message edited by: bazoukas ]

Yeah

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #18 on: 16 November 2002, 02:00 »
bill gates should buy everybody in the world a computer and some beer
Go the fuck ~

Doctor V

« Reply #19 on: 18 November 2002, 07:42 »
Watch that bastard dosn't hand out the money in cash, watch him instead donate to all kinds of Indian AIDS programs and medical groups by providing them with free software.  It wouldn't be the first time that he claimed he would donate shitloads of money and the media went crazy and dubbed him a saint, only for him to turn around and have the donation be his own shity overpriced software, and not cash.

V