Author Topic: Peace and Justice for all.  (Read 946 times)

cahult

• VIP
  • Kudos: 182
Peace and Justice for all.
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2002, 06:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by lazygamer:
Well I suppose they probably allow you to own l33t gunz like Desert Eagles, Galil's and Tavors. Israel is in a constant state of war and terrorism. So im sure they woulden't have all that gun control BS there. I mean woulden't you want your citizens all possible soliders in case of a suprise invasion?

We have a saying in Sweden: The more the cooks, the worse the soup.

What I mean by that is that an army works better as a unit if they are well-trained and not that many. If you take a whole country and have them fight a war for you it wouldn
"The gentleman is dead, the feminists killed him" Anonymous

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2002, 17:31 »
Israels army is a load of puny young conscripts and so i really dont think they could perform a coup.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

creedon

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: 15 July 2002, 18:53 »
As far as the Israeli army goes, look at their history in the last 50 years; they've never even come close to loosing a war, even thugh they're surrounded by Arab nations.  They are one bad-assed bunch of lads; they can do what they want.
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??

Chooco

« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2002, 19:39 »
i know a guy from Israel, he said "Israel is so small that a good tank army could invade in less than 1 day"

Israel could be very easily destroyed completely by the arab countries if they banned together after planning for MORE than 1 hour but they don't want that because they know USA and UK with Canadians pretending to do something would destroy them just as bad in return.

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #19 on: 15 July 2002, 19:44 »
Israels army is good because they have shitloads of high quality american arms. Without getting hold of these the army could not perform a coup and a nations military has careful controls on which soldiers can get access to their weapons stores and why. Also most of the arab nations are dictatorships with no decent armies due to having other more important money drains (somethimes helping the people, usually lining the governments pockets)

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: * Tux * ]

Contains scenes of mild peril.

creedon

« Reply #20 on: 15 July 2002, 20:22 »
Check out the history of Nasser's United Arab Republic; VERY well equipped by the Soviet Union, trained to the Nth degree, and had their heads handed to them by the Israeli army.  I'm NOT promoting the Israelis, but facts are facts; the Israelis have consistantly kicked the asses of any Arab nation that they wanted to, regardless of how well equipped and trained the Arabs were.  I think it has something to do with the fact that the Israelis have no place to retreat to.
I'm SERIOUS about Linux; are you??