Author Topic: Michael Moore: Pirate my film  (Read 1727 times)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Michael Moore: Pirate my film
« Reply #30 on: 7 July 2004, 01:35 »
quote:
Laukev7: Canadian Bacon is not political, at any rate. I saw part of it in my English class, and it looks great! I'd love to see all of it!

Wasn't political? The movie suggests that Canada is the utopia on earth, and that Americans are gullible.

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
« Reply #31 on: 7 July 2004, 01:54 »
quote:
Originally posted by flap:

Why should he feel obliged to do that? What's wrong with producing films in only one genre?

I don't think he's obliged, I just wish he would.  :D

...Which brings me to Canadian Bacon.  How did I forget about that one?     Silly me.
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #32 on: 7 July 2004, 05:58 »
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuirk: I Just Want Attention:

I'm quite aware as to what the movie if about. That wasn't my question. My question is this: why is every single post by you I see here on the MES about Bush of 9/11 or something else non-MESish?

try to keep upp wit da conversation lol lol rolleyes

All right, champ.

The answer is in your question.  So I have to answer by asking you a question.

why is every single post you read that is posted by me makes you think that is always about  Bush of 9/11 or something else non-MESish?

Infact why are you even in the lounge to begin with reading off topic discussions then wondering why a post like this is about bush and 9/11 and not MSEish.?

I see this conversation is WAY over your head!

Oh and to clarify my posts.

http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000897
http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000889
http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000879
http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000888

Just a few posts I have made myself.  But wait their about M$ and hay they are NOT in the loung on a post talking about bush and 9/11!  Shocking!  :rolleyes:

[ July 06, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

solarismka

« Reply #33 on: 7 July 2004, 06:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by WMD:

I don't think he's obliged, I just wish he would.   :D  

...Which brings me to Canadian Bacon.  How did I forget about that one?      Silly me.

Canadian bacon thats a good movie!  I wouldn't call it political though.  Its more of a comady.  They mention the U.S.  because it is seen by the world that canada and the U.S. have some sort of connection.  And hay what canadian film doesn't include the U.S.?
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

TheQuirk

• VIP
  • Kudos: 315
« Reply #34 on: 7 July 2004, 21:18 »
Solaris, I'm aware of all of that. Lay off the personal insults--no one else does it here, and it's not cool. I'm not insulting you for coming off as an idiot when you type (in English, of course) because I understand that you're not from an English-speaking country, so please don't make me mention something of the sort just because you don't fully comprehend sarcasm and slang, and a lot of what you say makes no sense.

I know some of your posts don't concern politics (my main gripe). Unfortunately, most of them so. I took the liberty of taking a screenshot and marking posts related to politics. You'll find that there is a large amount of red blobs.

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/3702/solaris_post.jpg

solarismka

« Reply #35 on: 8 July 2004, 03:27 »
quote:
Solaris, I'm aware of all of that. Lay off the personal insults--no one else does it here, and it's not cool. I'm not insulting you for coming off as an idiot when you type (in English, of course) because I understand that you're not from an English-speaking country, so please don't make me mention something of the sort just because you don't fully comprehend sarcasm and slang, and a lot of what you say makes no sense.

I'm not trying to insult you.  But the fact is I have no Idea what the heck your babnling on about, expecialy when evedence on your own forum proves otherwize.  You say that alot of the stuff I write makes no scense but then your 'question' makes no sence to me.  

In a bush thread, I am not alowed to comment on it, but you can?  

Spelling and/or grammer makes no difference to me.  What is important to me is the content of the message and what that message says.  Any person and/or troll can comment on grammer.  It usualy happens when that party has no point to begin with or has lost the conversation or something.  

quote:

I know some of your posts don't concern politics (my main gripe). Unfortunately, most of them so. I took the liberty of taking a screenshot and marking posts related to politics. You'll find that there is a large amount of red blobs.

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/3702/solaris_post.jpg

[/quote]

No, those are posts that DO relate to or is about bush.  Yet when you are in the lounge section talking off topic on a thread that has something to do with bush you then point at me and state that every post I make has something about bush.

Again why make the thread in the first place if you don't want someone to comment on it?

I posted threads that do not comment on 'bush' because those threads have nothing to do with bush.  However those that you marked have something to do with bush.  So again you state that every post I make is about bush.  

The last post I have made had proven otherwize and now you have futhered my argument by marking all the topics on a fourm that actualy HAS something about bush.

If you don't want anyone to comment then again

A.) Why are you in the lounge area?
B.) Why make posts that refer to such a topioc?

And the last question

why is every single post you read that is posted by me makes you think that is always about Bush of 9/11 or something else non-MESish?

Expecialy when your own caption has proven otherwize

Are you trying to take this thread off topic or something?

TheQuirk

• VIP
« Reply #36 on: 8 July 2004, 11:50 »
quote:
You say that alot of the stuff I write makes no scense but then your 'question' makes no sence to me.

(Etc. etc.)

Solaris, your problem is that you don't completely understand English. What I originally posted is called an "overexaggeration," and is often used to stress a point. You didn't understand this, and this little fact just invalidated almsot everything you just said.

quote:
No, those are posts that DO relate to or is about bush.

I reread my post and that's what it says. Once more... You didn't understand what you read.

I'll make this short and quick, so you'll hopefully understand: my gripe is that the majority (a LARGE majority) of your posts are simply discussing Bush, 9/11, etc., and not MES-related things. Indeed, there is nothing wrong with discussing off-topic things at times, but you took it a few steps too far, Mr. Smartypants.

[ July 08, 2004: Message edited by: TheQuirk: I Just Want Attention ]

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
« Reply #37 on: 8 July 2004, 12:47 »
better look out, Quirk, or he'll say you're a troll.
Go the fuck ~

solarismka

« Reply #38 on: 9 July 2004, 02:19 »
quote:

(Etc. etc.)

Solaris, your problem is that you don't completely understand English. What I originally posted is called an "overexaggeration," and is often used to stress a point.

Stress what point?  I may not be an english scollar but I see no 'point' in this.  You have not proven anything.  If I do mention such things then please prove it.  Don't say someone is doing something without backing yourself up.

quote:

You didn't understand this, and this little fact just invalidated almsot everything you just said.

Whats to 'invalidate'?  This thread is about Michael Moore and how is film is protesting aginst the bush regime.   Then you come out and say that I am off topic.  Isn't this off topic.  Expecialy when I see no proof or point to this argument.

quote:

I reread my post and that's what it says. Once more... You didn't understand what you read.

Then why don't you explain it to me.  First I posted to the lounge.  Those topics where it is to do with Iraq/9/11 and Bush I post my opinions, thougts and valid information.  Then you come along and say that (in those same threads where we are all talking about such things) i'm off topic and mention too many things about  9/11 and Bush etc..

I then posted all the things that do not include such things.

Then you take a snap shot of the lounge.  A section that talks about other things than MES and also highlight conversations posted by other people that talk about Bush, Iraq and 9/11

Then we go back to the Iraqie Flag thread where again, instead of just talking about the flag you mention this as well.  Again you are taking both threads off topic.  

The only difference in this thread and the other is that you feel that its alright for an occupation force such as the U.S. to change a flag that it has no durastiction.

In that thread you also complain that I mention too many comparisions between Nazism and Bush.  To that I state quite plainly that if Bush does not want to be compared to hitler and/or other people don't like it then why does he, his party and is followrs follow the same principle.

To which you said that they don't and again I point out that they do by such and such reason.

And so the converation continues.

quote:

I'll make this short and quick, so you'll hopefully understand:

ok

quote:

my gripe is that the majority (a LARGE majority) of your posts are simply discussing Bush, 9/11, etc.,

Yes, in sections that do not include MES and where we are all talking about such things in a thread that relates to that topic.  

quote:

and not MES-related things.

What does the Lounge and "The Iraqie flag" have in common with MES?

If its upsetting you why don't you delete the thread?  Why complain about such things in the first place.  Personaly I think its a little stupid.

Hay quirk.  In the Microsoft News section in threads that deal with that subject of Microsoft you are ALWAYS talking about Microsoft.  Infact EVERY post you make in that section in those threads TALK about MES!  Sheeh.

quote:

Indeed, there is nothing wrong with discussing off-topic things at times,

And thats why we have the lounge.

quote:

but you took it a few steps too far, Mr. Smartypants.

If you say so.  Personaly I STILL have no idea what the hell this has got to do with Moores film.  How about you get back on topic   :D

[ July 08, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

TheQuirk

• VIP
« Reply #39 on: 10 July 2004, 00:23 »
quote:
Then why don't you explain it to me.

Gladly.

For every three posts you post, two of them are usually political. That's a lot. Although it's not against the rules, it's ridiculous, because you really aren't contributing to the cause itself as much as you are contributing to the louge, which really in itself shouldn't be all that important.

When I said that every one of your posts was political, and when I posted that image, I was stressing the point that you post a lot of politics, and not a lot of anything else.

solarismka

« Reply #40 on: 10 July 2004, 00:44 »
quote:

Gladly.

For every three posts you post, two of them are usually political. That's a lot. Although it's not against the rules, it's ridiculous, because you really aren't contributing to the cause itself as much as you are contributing to the louge, which really in itself shouldn't be all that important.

When I said that every one of your posts was political, and when I posted that image, I was stressing the point that you post a lot of politics, and not a lot of anything else.

Again by your own caption that proves opposit!  Infact posts that are made to the lounge and not by me are political.  Again if you are going to point a finger where is your proof?

Its me you and evrybody that post things that ARE political I just simply respond.  If the amount of politics in the lounge is upsetting you then why not just say stop it TO EVERYONE!  

Do you really think this rant of yours is contributing to the loung?  This post is about MOORES MOVIE!!! NOT about me!  

Like I've stated before how about you How about you get back on topic! And stop with these idiotic accusations.

TheQuirk

• VIP
« Reply #41 on: 10 July 2004, 11:01 »
Where is my proof? My proof was the picture, which you so furiously deny. That picture was not of the lunge--it was a picture of your recent (at the time) posts. Around 2/3, if I recall correctly, were political. How much more proof do you need?

It is true that my gripe is objective and what you're doing doesn't actually break the rules. Nonetheless, an abonormal majority of your posts is political, and gets on my nerves (do you want to argue THAT as well?)--as well on the nerves of others.

If you still don't get it, here's the thing: post less politics, or post more about things other than politics to be less annoying.

SheedRicolan

« Reply #42 on: 10 July 2004, 21:25 »
Moore's film was quite funny, yes, but I didn't agree with all of it. I may download it for additional viewing pleasure if I'm feeling 'specially liberal and need something to watch.  

solarismka

« Reply #43 on: 11 July 2004, 00:19 »
quote:
Where is my proof? My proof was the picture, which you so furiously deny.

AGAIN!!!!  There was not proof in that!  So there is NOTHING to deny!  The fact is that those threads were political and I was contributing TO the conversation!  How is that MY FAULT???

quote:

That picture was not of the lunge--it was a picture of your recent (at the time) posts. Around 2/3, if I recall correctly, were political.

Again THOSE POSTS WERE POLITICAL!!!!  My OWN posts WERE NOT!

quote:

How much more proof do you need?

something that ACTUALTY BACKS YOU UP!!!

quote:

It is true that my gripe is objective

You mean unobjective.   There is nothing 'objective' about this.  It's loonacy!

quote:

and what you're doing doesn't actually break the rules.

Agree, I did not break ANY rules!

quote:

Nonetheless, an abonormal majority of your posts is political,

No!  An abonornal ammount of posts on MES might be political but THAT has NOTHING to do with me!  I did not make those threads!  

quote:

and gets on my nerves (do you want to argue THAT as well?)--as well on the nerves of others.

Then why do you let other people post political threads about Bush, 9/11 etc... The only one to blame for your 'nerves' is you.   Not me.

quote:

If you still don't get it, here's the thing: post less politics, or post more about things other than politics to be less annoying.

I agree.  So start telling EVERYONE to stop making threads of such subjects.  Don't post a thread on the 'Iraqi Flag' or on 'moores film.'  Don't post threads that compare an american to europe, don't post threads that deal with 9/11 etc.....

There problem solved!

EDIT:

http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000905

Shocker a thread that IS NOT political yet look non of the posts are eather!  :rolleyes:  

heres another::

http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002564&p=2

and another.....

http://forum.microsuck.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=000107  :rolleyes:

[ July 10, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
« Reply #44 on: 11 July 2004, 01:31 »
Solaris, just ignore him. There's nothing wrong with posting about politics.

[ July 10, 2004: Message edited by: Laukev7 ]