Author Topic: will terorism be able to stop g.w ?  (Read 570 times)

nino

• Kudos: 0
    • http://-
will terorism be able to stop g.w ?
« on: 15 July 2002, 16:22 »
as a swiss guy i often feel small and unimportant ( i am, both ) and if ive got such an occasion i have to pose such a question. can you answer it?

if not, ive got three others:

* why do politics in america cost?

* is this democracy?

* is this necessary?

sorry, i know it hasnt got a teeny shine of something to do with microsoft except the american way of life...

:cool:

Nobber

• Kudos: 55
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2002, 17:37 »
Has Switzerland joined NATO yet?
As sure as eggs is eggs.

KernelPanic

• VIP
  • Kudos: 222
« Reply #2 on: 15 July 2002, 17:48 »
Switzerland don't join anything, they have a very stange policy of isolation.

I think it might be because the world wars were scary, if a Swiss person knows the answer it would be nice to find out.

Also they have a kick ass army with great equipment, and rather strangely they have some stealth boats but they are a mostly landlocked nation.
Contains scenes of mild peril.

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2002, 18:15 »
What do you mean by "Why do politics cost?".  Can you give an example of what you mean by this statement because I don't understand what you are asking. Do you mean why do politicians have to raise Campaign funds to advertise their views for a particular office? Or are you asking, why do Americans have to pay taxes? Or just exactly what?

[ July 15, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2002, 23:58 »
politics cost in every country. everything costs.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

SpeeDFreaK

• Kudos: 109
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2002, 05:48 »
Are you talking about payoffs from companies and associations to representatives so they get their way? If that's what you're talking about, then yes, it costs. Democracy isn't the best word to descrive what we have here. A representative government is more like it. Considering everyone is not represented equally. About it being necessary to operate like this, yes and no. Yes because the government just can't handle that many individual votes on some huge bill. No because it leaves many weak spots in the system. The paying off of a certain representative could mean the passing of stupid laws that harm many and benefit the few.
"George Bush says 'we are losing the war on drugs'. Well you know what that implies? There's a war going on, and people on drugs are winning it! Well what does that tell you about drugs? Some smart, creative motherfuckers on that side."  --Bill Hicks