Author Topic: Gooseberry Clock blows goats in his/her spare time  (Read 1599 times)

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
I just thought i would start a topic for anybody who wanted to air their irritation with these gooseberry clock posts.

From now on i will no longer be replying to any gooseberry clock posts, unless they contain something of use.
too many of clock's posts have been nothing but a timewasting bunch of wank.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with clock as a person, but her/his posts are really getting on both tits.

from now on anything i may want to say regarding a post of gooseberry clock's will be posted in this topic, unless gooseberry clock has something to add to the discussion. I am tired of reading a well formed discussion only to have it descend into gooseberry clock induced crap.
This sort of thing makes the forums hard to put up with and will turn readers away.
Also, what about that stupid big signature graphic that clock has? how fucking irritating!

i strongly urge everybody else not to reply to gooseberry clock's shitty one-line put downs, and instead to air any outbursts in this topic so as not to interrupt the flow of the discussion.

Online forums can be fragile things and it would be easy for someone to disrupt the flow of many discussions in order either to make the regular posters post angry drivel rather than real comments or to make the forums hard to read for those people who might come looking for information.
Perhaps this is not what clock is doing, but it's damn close.

Those are just my thoughts, nothing personal clock, but i just don't like yr posts! maybe you don't like mine though, eh? all's fair in life and war...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

foobar

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
Gooseberry Clock blows goats in his/her spare time
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2002, 17:27 »
:D  

I hear ya, Calum, and i totally agree. I'd been waiting for someone to say this for a while.
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2002, 19:49 »
Ok guys... you just don't understand were this guy is comming from    Seriously, he is TRYING to be obnoxious.

http://www.newgrounds.com/collections/clockcrew.html

It all started back on www.newgrounds.com, a site were people submit flash movies and comment on them and stuff. Well this guy named Strawberry Clock came on and started submitting the crapyest movies you could ever imagine just to piss people off.

Everybody hated him, except that after a while Strawberry Clock started to gain a bit of a cult following by both people who hated his guts and those who viewd his work as existential DaDa pices. Thus, the Clock Crew was born, a Flash grupe devoted to making obnoxious movies and the like, his image at the bottom of the screen is a chatroom transcript between him, Tom, and Wade Fulp, the admins of Newgrounds.

Yes, he is annyoying, yes he is a Troll, but you are all falling for his trap if you get irritated by it.

Fair warning  :D
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2002, 20:19 »
i agree with you totally, which is why i postulate putting any clock related jibberish in this topic instead of clogging up all the other topics with it.

I agree in principal with the dadaist ethic, but i hate the way the dadaists believe it must all be truly random. That is not art, it is boring as mince.

True art has a bit of guided substance, even if its roots are truly dada.

I still move that we do not reply to the gooseboy unless it's within this topic. that should solve the problem... you be the judges!

Centurian

• http://www.darkmares.2ya.com
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2002, 20:29 »
Hey,

Its the internet. Everyone has the right to post whatever they want. The way things are going anymore you might get sued for it but you have the right to post it. If you can't accept that you had best jump on the MS bandwagon.
As far as you reading it well that is your choice. You can just not read it or you can click on his profile and choose to ignore him. That option is at the bottom of the page.

Personally I think his posts are non-productive and generally stupid but I don't have the right to say he can't post. In any case Gooseberry Clock has as much right to post as anyone.
Later
Centurian

foobar

• http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
« Reply #5 on: 18 March 2002, 20:35 »
Again, I absolutely agree
Let the man post ...
Corny, huh   :D

Psyjax, you've been researching... lol
Linux user #283039

Gosh, I love Linux Quake.

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2002, 20:40 »
centurian i agree with freedom of speech totally!
I won't set anybody to ignore, in case they say something i want to read! now *that* would be against freedom of speech.

BUT i reckon that since clock's comments are deliberately aiming to piss people off, rather than have endless flame wars in the forums, let's have them in this topic, out of the way.
I'm not saying stop him from posting, just if we are going to have a bunch of nonproductive interchange, let's keep it seperate from the productive interchange!

you reply to him if you want but all my clock related replies will be posted in this topic though (because i don't think i will have anything intelligent to say to clock), unless i think clock is contributing to the discussion, in which case i will treat his post like i would any other post!

badkarma

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: 18 March 2002, 23:04 »
he was also registered as red ranger software or something a while back spewing absolute crap (and actually acting like he believed it too). Too bad those posts got lost with the forum hiccups ....
If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Gooseberry Clock

• http://redrangersoftware.cjb.net/
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2002, 01:43 »
Why don't you just delete my account like you did last time?

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2002, 04:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by Gooseberry Clock:
Why don't you just delete my account like you did last time?

I don't think it was deleted. From my understanding the server crashed and wiped out a bunch of accounts. For all the flaming, I think the Webmaster values freespeach more than picking on annoying posters.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2002, 05:40 »
C'mon guys, you're going to make him cry.... And it pisses me off that the "ignore user" feature appears not to work.  I tried to set "Goosecherry Cluck" to ignore after about the second post. Maybe I did something wrong.  Anyone else able to get the "ignore" feature to work?
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Centurian

• http://www.darkmares.2ya.com
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2002, 07:41 »
Hey,

quote:
Originally posted by VoidMain:
C'mon guys, you're going to make him cry.... And it pisses me off that the "ignore user" feature appears not to work.  I tried to set "Goosecherry Cluck" to ignore after about the second post. Maybe I did something wrong.  Anyone else able to get the "ignore" feature to work?

Never actually tried it since I don't put people on ignore but I saw it was there so I figured it would work. Sounds like maybe UBB bug report time.  
Later
Centurian

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
« Reply #12 on: 19 March 2002, 07:53 »
Well, if it weren't for the giant graphic tagline I wouldn't have a need to put him on ignore but it get's right smack in my way. And I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but I just blocked his images at my proxy server so now I don't have to look at those giant graphics.  Ahhh much better.

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: VoidMain ]

Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #13 on: 19 March 2002, 13:29 »
of course, using opera i can just turn the graphics off from the chrome buttons on the browser, but there's no button to turn *only* the gooseberry clock graphic off, unfortunately...
(and i'm still looking for the "bullshit" control so i can turn it down!)

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #14 on: 19 March 2002, 13:41 »
quote:
I said:
removing Microsoft bullshit from somebody's PC is, in my opinion, an upgrade.
btw dbl221, i think that is a great idea! everybody knows windows users need help!

quote:

Gooseberry Clock said:
Your opinion, not mine.

Wow. good comeback. I feel duly chastised.