Author Topic: Well, hi there!  (Read 2121 times)

CommonSense

• VIP
  • Kudos: 0
    • http://www.microsuck.com
Well, hi there!
« Reply #45 on: 12 January 2005, 21:30 »
Well, yeah, of course THAT didn't work.  It isn't supposed to.

The soon-to-be-online MES mail server can do it.  I'll make sure it accepts connections from the web server, since I don't know what SMTP server I'm able to use from the web host (if any), which is in Canada.  It's a little less than ideal to have the web server, which is located in Vancouver, connect to a box in New Jersey to send out mails, but it should be fine, since the bottleneck is likely to be the speed of the mail server's connection (1.0 / 768 DSL) anyway.

Mail server should be up within a week or less . . . I'll let you know.  I'm sure Refalm will nag me via IM anyway.    ;)

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Well, hi there!
« Reply #46 on: 12 January 2005, 17:22 »
quote:
Originally posted by ComSense:
Well, yeah, of course THAT didn't work.  It isn't supposed to.

My ISP's mail server was famous for accepting anything  
Guess they're getting smarter now  

elisa

Well, hi there!
« Reply #47 on: 12 January 2005, 20:29 »
hallo!

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Well, hi there!
« Reply #48 on: 15 January 2005, 06:12 »
So after all this time Microsuck is back up again!

But why hasn't anyone posted here since 12th January?

How are we going to  eradicate Microsoft if the shitty Linux server running this site can't even keep running.  :D  Even my machine running Windows XP has longer up times!

Anyway it's nice to be back!
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

WMD

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 391
    • http://www.dognoodle99.cjb.net
Well, hi there!
« Reply #49 on: 15 January 2005, 07:09 »
It's kinda dead right now.  But I'm here.  And I missed ya, buddy.  :D
My BSOD gallery
"Yes there's nothing wrong with going around being rude and selfish, killing people and fucking married women, but being childish is a cardinal sin around these parts." -Aloone_Jonez

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
Well, hi there!
« Reply #50 on: 15 January 2005, 16:47 »
Looks like the MES was back on the 4th but since the 12th it's been inactive, did it go down again?

Where have all the members gone?

Look on the bright side, hopefully this little break has got rid of some people we don't want back like Great_Satan.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

NikS

Well, hi there!
« Reply #51 on: 17 January 2005, 21:54 »
MES's back... Sweet  

PS Uh, hi  
It's hard to collect knocked-out teeth with broken arms

CommonSense

• VIP
    • http://www.microsuck.com
Well, hi there!
« Reply #52 on: 17 January 2005, 23:50 »
The web host changed IP address on Friday, and I'm not sure if they changed physical boxes, too.  If they did, then it means they must've backed up all the data to the new box.  I did the IP change on the name server within minutes of receiving the e-mail from them, so hopefully we didn't lose anny posts.

Also, there were some weird DNS issues that caused site access to be kind of spotty.  I'm HOPING it's OK now, but I'm not entirely sure.

Conversion to vBulletin is coming soon, but the thing holding it up is that it can only convert from UBB 6.3 or later.  This is 6.1.0.2.  So we may have to do a conversion to phpBB, then convert from that to vBulletin.  Which could be clumsy.

Oh, if only I had a copy of UBB 6.3 or later . . .

MrX

Well, hi there!
« Reply #53 on: 18 January 2005, 06:34 »
just wanted you remind you all to check my new post (dude wheres my ram)
i havent got any replies yet, and ... do you guys even have any extra ddr 266 ram you dont use any more?  well, i wont hate you if you dont, just go ahead and tell me in the reply.

Mr X

AdM1nOfLOVE

Well, hi there!
« Reply #54 on: 18 January 2005, 07:36 »
this whole site has some interesting potential to it...ppl start making interesting threads