Author Topic: 2 x 2 = ? Is it too complicated?  (Read 3909 times)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
2 x 2 = ? Is it too complicated?
« Reply #60 on: 5 February 2003, 04:12 »
LorKorub, you should also know that posting obscene or profane remarks in the forums constitutes a direct violation of the terms and conditions you agreed upon, when you joined. Not that you'd care. Just a friendly reminder.

[ February 04, 2003: Message edited by: Panos ]

emh

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #61 on: 5 February 2003, 06:03 »
I just want to say that, as an American (in the state of Missouri, to be exact), I am ashamed of LorKorub's posts in this thread.  I don't think we should go to war with Iraq, and I find myself in agreement with a lot of the posts here.

I hope you guys understand that LorKorub is not representative of all of America.  The majority of Americans can think rationally and don't mind a little bit of constructive criticism.

That being said, I move that this thread be locked.

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
« Reply #62 on: 5 February 2003, 06:45 »
i want to apologize. not all americans are this arrogant & closed minded. though it does speak loudly for what most people in this country think. id say he is a perfect example of why the world hates us.

Siplus

• Kudos: 43
    • http://www.siplus.org
« Reply #63 on: 5 February 2003, 07:20 »
hey calum, i wear the same size shoe as u!

anyway....
do u think that US citizens really want the US to be policing the world? that we want to bomb other nations? i don't think bombing does anything except waste millions of our tax dollars for doing nothing more then makeing the rest of the world hate use even more. i also can't stand that we are giving so much money to countries that hate us (and countries that we hate)...

AND WILL SOMEONE PLZ tell me why u ppl think bush is sooo bad??

http://www.siplus.org

"Your computer is already fucked up by having Windows
on it, you can only unfuck it up by installing Linux."
-- void main (old school MES member)

Desktop: Athlon 2600/ 768mb DDR266
--Running: Ubuntu 5.10, FC4, Win2k
 (Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)
12" Powerbook: 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerPC / 1.25 GB DDR333
--Running: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #64 on: 5 February 2003, 15:07 »
quote:
Originally posted by emh:
I just want to say that, as an American (in the state of Missouri, to be exact), I am ashamed of LorKorub's posts in this thread.  I don't think we should go to war with Iraq, and I find myself in agreement with a lot of the posts here.

I hope you guys understand that LorKorub is not representative of all of America.  The majority of Americans can think rationally and don't mind a little bit of constructive criticism.

That being said, I move that this thread be locked.

i would like to say that i fully acknowledge that lorkorub probably represents a minority of US citizens, however it only takes a handful of men to forge the foreign policy of a huge nation, what if they happen to fall into that bigoted minority too?

In the US you have a unique form of democracy, you vote on everything so that there are tons of public offices that nobody even gets nominated for. all you good hearted ones just need to get your twenty signatures and run for some office. after a while you'll all be moving up the ladder, or else you won't and there'll just be more and more of you until all the local offices are filled with open minded and fair individuals! why do you not take advantage of this opportunity?????

it annoys me that the US citizens, whatever they may think, allow this to happen. Your democratic system allows you to change the way your country is run so if you really do disagree with the way it is run then do something about it. That is really all. I observe that the US citizens have *not* done anything about it and i am left with no choice but to assume that they are happy with the way things are.

and my problem with bush is that he is firstly very stupid, and therefore is a puppet for those around him, and secondly he is selfish and singleminded. he could be spending all that war money on education, housing, health or the legal/penal system in the US (they are all on or over the brink of complete desolation from what i have heard from many US citizens, it's a big country though, so i suppose not everybody finds themselves at the sharp end) but instead he chooses to attack countries in the middle east for reasons of economy, trading and general oneupmanship (you know US planes were spotted flying over Afghanistan the night before the sept 11 disaster?) and that's my problem with bush. he's fractionally better than clinton and gore i suppose, but nader would have been a lot better, in my limited foreign opinion.

FYI by the way, the 'Mike Strikes Back' link in my signature leads to a page which lists updates on the state of the US which is frequently updated, so if you're interested, do visit it often. i have a feeling it's a more accurate state of the union roundup than some you may have heard recently.

[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Calum: Member # 81 ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

black_angel2

« Reply #65 on: 5 February 2003, 19:48 »
I say america should open their doors to weapon inspectors and allow the international community entrence into any site on US soil without advanced notice. The same for Israel, North Korea and China.

If the US can demand this of Iraq why can't Iraq demand this of the US.

I am more concerned with what Israel is doing that what Iraq might do.

The US is policing the world but who is policing the US?

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #66 on: 5 February 2003, 20:24 »
that's my point. of course that's something the US will obviously rail against whether they are in the wrong or not. that's why the opinion of the US should not be considered when it comes to keeping the US in check.

choasforages

• VIP
  • Kudos: 7
    • http://it died
« Reply #67 on: 5 February 2003, 20:33 »
why can't they do this?
it wound't be in the interests of national security.....
x86: a hack on a hack of a hackway
alpha, hewlett packed it A-way
ppc: the fruity way
mips: the graphical way
sparc: the sunny way
4:20.....forget the DMCA for a while!!!

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #68 on: 5 February 2003, 20:45 »
your national security comes in second place to the rest of the world's international security i'm afraid. that's something the US government evidently does not realise going by it's latest derisive attitude towards the UN.

Bazoukas

• Kudos: 140
    • http://whitehouse.com
« Reply #69 on: 5 February 2003, 23:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by black_angel : Mac Commando:
I say america should open their doors to weapon inspectors and allow the international community entrence into any site on US soil without advanced notice. The same for Israel, North Korea and China.

If the US can demand this of Iraq why can't Iraq demand this of the US.

I am more concerned with what Israel is doing that what Iraq might do.

The US is policing the world but who is policing the US?

Actually you can do that. US knows which Russian nukes aim to what US cit. Russia knows which nuke aims at what Russian city.

Let Iraq in and do inspections to whom and what?

At least in all its crazynes US and Russia had a mutual understanding called if I remember MAD. The  
understanding was that if one nuke launches from whatever country the world is going to end.  

At least US and Russia havent used nukes. What about Japan you will ask.

WELL YOOPSEE DOO!!!!  The fucking war was over. Germany had given up and they still kept on fighting.  They brought it on their own heads.  Lets not forget how many MILLIONS of people died  during WWII.  Lets not forget what the values that the Axis was standing behind.

On another note.

The people that are so readily to bash another country with comments that are too general, should at least travel a bit and read news from all kinds of sources.
  Being an arm chair politician,,,,its easy, because it requires not much of thinking.

No country is perfect. Eeeeeeeevery country has done its share of shit. So get off your high horses and be realistic.
Yeah

LorKorub

« Reply #70 on: 8 February 2003, 15:01 »
"LorKorub, you should also know that posting obscene or profane remarks in the forums constitutes a direct violation of the terms and conditions you agreed upon, when you joined. Not that you'd care. Just a friendly reminder."

On a forum dubbed "www.fuckmicrosoft.com", I think I have the right to be as obscence and profane that I damn well please. But, of course, when anyone, anywhere, is challenged in a debate, and given a mouthful of the shit they feed onto everyone else, then it is a problem. And a big one at that.  Then the vote for censourship comes in.  I do understand, though. If the internet was around when I was fifteen years old, and I had a daily dose of Rage Against the Machine to fuel me after muffins and toast, I would probably exhibit the same type of sexually frustrated, anglo male characteristics that Calum posts all over these forums.  Until this thread, have I displayed any such behavior?  Was there any such remark that would make me, an American, fly off the handle like I did?

The answer to both questions is NO.  

If you want to know the main reason, it is because I think people like Calum, X11, and the rest of you guys, even though I agree with *some* of the things you say, are wrong in how you go about it.  The attitude that you display toward Americans, in general, is no better than what a bunch of rednecks would display toward Blacks, in my country.  By saying what you do, and acting like you do, you're not putting yourself on some high pedistool, and escaping with your "all-mighty Eurpoean peace" attitude.  In the end, you are simply acting like a bunch of assholes, your quoting techniques resemble that of a bunch of hypocritical jerk-offs, and your game is lame and tiresome. As racially diverse as my country is, and the obstacles that people like me have to partake in to overcome these attitudes....everything you carelessly ramble toward my country, my home, are offending.  As I said in an earlier post on this thread, not all Americans adhere to your stereotypical standards.  And that is the reason I fired them back at you.

My family, here in America, the United States, comes from a wide variety. I have Black, Navajo, Cherokee, Italian, Greek, Polish, Jewish, Hispanic, (in about three months Persian) and Russian that make up the ensemble at my family's dinner table.  I guess I am a 'moonshiner' and 'racist', or whatever you've called me.  Let me tell you something, English Boy, (or Scottish...I forget where you are from), there has not been a day in my life that racism, degregation, or any form of persecution, has payed off for me in the slightest. Since I am not what you claim me to be, I don't need to sit here and justify myself, what I have done, the attitudes I have taken, and my personal changes that I have made to overcome anything I have taken to keep my family together, keep everyone happy, and to do it in this country. I will tell you one thing, and one thing only: When you insult my country, say the type of horseshit that you do, burn me for not sharing a "worldwide opinion (which is just mostly a European opinion)', and insult my counrty, you shit in the face of everything that I have accomplished in my life, you level the foundation of which is my family, and you do it for....God knows what. Probably just for the sake of argument.  You remind me of that little rat-faced piece of shit, Zach De La Rocha, who preaches that "Capitalism is the Ultimate Evil of Society."  Wanna know where he lives?  He has a nice, and expensive, pink house at the top of the hill, just to my North. Capitalism made he, most of the guys that you quote, and a lot of other people, very rich.  You like to rip my posts to shreds with your toy-ish QUOTE button, maybe you should play with that in which you hold so dearly.

The bottom line, in my family, is that we consider ourselves as AMERICANS.  If you don't like my political opinion about what we should, or should not, do in Iraq, then fine.  Approach this topic with a little bit of impartiality. Don't simply call me an 'ignorant, taco-eating, MacDonalds-chuggin, Coors-drinking, neanderthol, with fake-titted-hookers, and blow to feed my masochist, American, attitude, douchebag." I am far from the contrary. And I am not going to even get into politics with you...

And, Calum, AKA Cumstain, I don't know where your post was when you said it, but I'll paraphrase: "If there was an Arab, you'd cross the street."

No sir...The Arab that I 'crossed the street on' was very happy I did so....
"American English -- the noble language of your superiors"

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #71 on: 8 February 2003, 20:15 »
glad to see you're so pissed off, and don't you love it when somebody 'paraphrases' you to mean something totally different from what was originally said?

for the record, i think you go about it the wrong way too. to illustrate:

on one hand a lot of people say saddam is a violent nutcase who has to be stopped, so let's have a nice loud war and kill an entire nation of innocents with a bombing campaign, now we have decided that sanctions won't kill them off.

On te other hand a lot of people say saddam is a violent nutcase who has to be stopped but these people have more than one braincell to share between them and they think that having a war is a bad idea either way and that something else should be done.

personally i think that saddam (and his immediate aides) should be assasinated using the technology that we have at our disposal today. yes that would make a mockery of our international law, but it's a mockery anyway. and yes it would breach the geneva convention, but since when does, for example, america flinch fom breaking an international agreement? (ref: Kyoto protocol).

Why do they not assasinate saddam? for some political and propaganda reasons they want a war.

and anybody who wants a war is stupid, end of story. calling me a cumstain will not up your IQ rating.

LorKorub

« Reply #72 on: 8 February 2003, 21:05 »
Calum, where did I say that I wanted war?  Why don't you go play with your quote button again, use grep, search through my post, and quote me where I said that I wanted war.

I have no quarrel with any of the Iraqi people, short of their government and certain officials. In fact, the people of Iraqi descent, in my country, are some of the kindess, most God-fearing people that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.  Here is the kicker: most of them agree with everything our government is trying to accomplish.  Some are not entirely happy with the nature by which it is being handled, but most understand, and possess the optimism of looking toward the future.  

Since you somehow, and suddenly, gained maturity, and hopped off the global crucifixtion bandwagon of my country for three seconds, maybe you can digest the fact that most of these people, the same ones I respect and admire, hold the same type of sentiments toward Saddam, Iraq, and the current situation involving them.  I don't think I have to remind you that oppressive totalitarians are harsh people, and that they give two fucks about anything, including, but not limited to, sympathy and humanitarianism.

I am not having this debate with someone such as yourself. In your mind, a man who pledges $30K to the surviving members of the family of a 'martyr' who commits suicide bombings against innocent Jewish civilians is alright...so long as they have anything to do with America.

This same man, who will go to these extremes, is trying to build a nuclear weapon, one capable of reaching your home before it will reach mine.  Given his track record, if anything displeases him in the very nature of the world, he will probably launch it at the Jewish citizens of Israel.  Why would he do it? Because he can.....sound familiar?

When you lose 2500 of your countrymen on a single day, during a gutless, and cowardly attack on innocent civilians, who did nothing to these people but live on a different side of the ocean, then you have the right to bash away.

Until then, sonny, the only 'bashing' you should be doing better have something to do with the acronymn BASH that we all love.

Regardless of anything political, I am angry at the attitudes, generalizations, and downright stereotypical nonsense that some of you people exhibit toward my country.  I find it offensive, and sorry to bring it back to you, but as was said here in the states: "Give them a mouthful of the shit they are shoveling, and then they'll understand." Some of the content displayed on this board could be considered racist, simply by changing the words "Yanks" and "Americans" to "Black" or "[enter rude racist term here]"
"American English -- the noble language of your superiors"

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #73 on: 9 February 2003, 04:27 »
ho hum. get a grip. you're losing all your insults at once, you won't have any left for tomorrow. i thougt californians were supposed to all be hippies and pinkos?

it's very old news that the iraqis don't like saddam but boming them is not helping anybody, iraq has 6000 year old cities still standing (and being hideously defaced by saddam in some cases), it is home to the 2600 year old city of babylon.

It would be a great shame to go for a dresden style campaign against saddam, ruining iraq in the process, people and country. I say depose saddam legally or illegally with the minimum of harm to iraq, and with a minimum of military mobilisation if possible. and get rid of sharon from israel too while you're there.

and i never said you wanted war. go and read through my posts et c and tell me where i said that? such childish games. you should become a politician.

jrigby

« Reply #74 on: 9 February 2003, 08:10 »
quote:
ho hum. get a grip. you're losing all your insults at once, you won't have any left for tomorrow. i thougt californians were supposed to all be hippies and pinkos?  

No californians are pigheaded bastards that all they want to do is smoke away there future with drugs and what not. I bet atleast 65% of my classmates are californians and im willing to put money down theve all smoked weed before. and have an average of 2.0 for a gpa. I swear there trying to take over montana, we need a big 100 foot wall of cement around montana to keep them out. there like mexicans getting in the US.