Author Topic: the pro bush thread  (Read 5191 times)

Siplus

• Kudos: 43
    • http://www.siplus.org
the pro bush thread
« Reply #180 on: 17 May 2004, 04:26 »
...i promised myself i wouldn't respond to his "rhetoric"....

this is hard, i want soo badly to repsond to him, because after all the only way to argue with a child is to stoop to their level...

must overcome the urge

edit: wow, an understandable post above this one i didn't see till now, i'll respond in my next post

[ May 16, 2004: Message edited by: Siplus ]

http://www.siplus.org

"Your computer is already fucked up by having Windows
on it, you can only unfuck it up by installing Linux."
-- void main (old school MES member)

Desktop: Athlon 2600/ 768mb DDR266
--Running: Ubuntu 5.10, FC4, Win2k
 (Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)
12" Powerbook: 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerPC / 1.25 GB DDR333
--Running: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Xeen

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
the pro bush thread
« Reply #181 on: 17 May 2004, 04:28 »
quote:
i agree! and i encourage everyone here to help vote him back in. he has done a superb job these past 3 years, and he would aid the country well for another 4.

Excuse me...but don't you ever dare again to make such a post without a shread of support to back up your claims. If you're not going to do so at least say "This is my opinion."

Anyway..Bush has done a SUPERB job?????     :eek:     Damn, I'd really hate to think of what would be a "good" job.

Let's compare January 20th, 2001 (when Bush took office) to today, May 16, 2004:

Is the economy better today than it was 3 years ago? God no. Unemployment soared to the highest amount in 12 years. US is loosing jobs.

National Debt: Has increased by a bit less than 2 trillion dollars.

Biggest surplus in US history turned into biggest deficit in US history. (Cheney has been quoted as saying "Deficits don't matter.") Well sure..to him they don't matter. He's got all that oil.

Environment: Every geologist and professional enviornmentalist in the world is condeming the Bush administration for what their policies are doing to the enviornment. In the FIRST WEEK of Bush's presidency, he repealed laws that Clinton helped make that heavily punish corporations that release more than a strictly enformed limit on pollution. And don't forget how much radiation and pollution the wars cause. And even the Pentagon earlier this year admitted that there is reason to be concerned about the increase in pollution in our enviornment.

Contrary to his promise of being a "uniter", Bush has done absolutely nothing in 4 years but divide everyone. He created division in his own cabinet, he created the biggest division among the citizens since in 40 years, and he certainly did not attempt to unite the US with the rest of the world.

Education: Nothing's been done for education in the past 3 years. (I'm not saying Clinton did much..but Bush certainly hasn't helped). On the contrary, due to Bush's financial irresponsibility, the government has been forced to cut back tuition aid for college students. (I'm experiencing this as we speak). THus, less students are able to go to college, or have to go to worse colleges.

Technology and Science: Just last week a secomnd report has been released by a national agency. The report shows how in the past 4 years techonology and science research have decreased in America and have moved more to Europe. This is due to more economic problems of companies and universities, less government funds for science, and because Bush is doing all he can to appeal to Christian voters (like cutting funds for cell research).

Religion and censorship: Separation of church and state is going down the drain as Bush has been increasing funds for christian based groups and cutting others off. Censorship in all media is growing instead of declining. Government is also meddling in social issues it has no business dealing with like gay marriage. Note: your entitled to any opinion you have about gay marriage but the fact is its not the governments business.

Every single state is in a deficit thanks to the national defict and aid cutbacks on the federal level. This has led to cutbacks for schools in cities, libraries, homeless help, and even medical facilities.

Even a smaller percentage than in 2001 now controls the majority of the nation's wealth.

Human and consitutional rights: Bush admin has failed to comply by the consitutionally granted rights that arrested people have.

Medicare/Health Insurance: Zero work done here. Clinton also failed to improve the health care system...but at least he gave it a shot. Bush hasnt even tried.

World Affairs: Complete failure to comply with the internationally accepted Geneva conventions. Withdrawal from weapon nonproliferation treaty with Russia: an action which has ALREADY initiated a new arms race, just as people in Bush's own administration said it would.

Security: complete failure to prevent the worst terrorist attack ever. More terrorists around the world want to hurt us now thanks to the Iraq war. Billions of dollars spent on a missle-defense system: an idea created during Cold War and has recently been proven pointless and capable of stopping missles that nobody even uses anymore.

World Image: US tourism down. The Middle East can't stand us. Europe hates us. Latin America hates us. 95% of the world leaders want to see a change in US leadership.

Backup and support can be provided per your request for any of the above statements.

Now I REALLY want to try to understand your logic. So please, explain to me what has been "superb" about Bush's presidency. I will appreciate that.

[ May 17, 2004: Message edited by: xeen ]

solarismka

• Kudos: 0
the pro bush thread
« Reply #182 on: 17 May 2004, 04:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by Siplus:
...i promised myself i wouldn't respond to his "rhetoric"....

this is hard, i want soo badly to repsond to him, because after all the only way to argue with a child is to stoop to their level...

must overcome the urge

edit: wow, an understandable post above this one i didn't see till now, i'll respond in my next post

[ May 16, 2004: Message edited by: Siplus ]

See!  Now what does that have to do with the conversation?  Nothing!  Just more idiotic posts.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

solarismka

the pro bush thread
« Reply #183 on: 17 May 2004, 04:37 »
quote:
Originally posted by xeen:

Excuse me...but don't you ever dare again to make such a post without a shread of support to back up your claims. If you're not going to do so at least say "This is my opinion."

Anyway..Bush has done a SUPERB job?????    :eek:    Damn, I'd really hate to think of what would be a "good" job.

Let's compare January 20th, 2001 (when Bush took office) to today, May 16, 2004:

Is the economy better today than it was 3 years ago? God no. Unemployment soared to the highest amount in 12 years. US is loosing jobs.

National Debt: Has increased by a bit less than 2 trillion dollars.

Biggest surplus in US history turned into biggest deficit in US history. (Cheney has been quoted as saying "Deficits don't matter.") Well sure..to him they don't matter. He's got all that oil.

Environment: Every geologist and professional enviornmentalist in the world is condeming the Bush administration for what their policies are doing to the enviornment. In the FIRST WEEK of Bush's presidency, he repealed laws that Clinton helped make that heavily punish corporations that release more than a strictly enformed limit on pollution. And don't forget how much radiation and pollution the wars cause. And even the Pentagon earlier this year admitted that there is reason to be concerned about the increase in pollution in our enviornment.

Education: Nothing's been done for education in the past 3 years. (I'm not saying Clinton did much..but Bush certainly hasn't helped). On the contrary, due to Bush's financial irresponsibility, the government has been forced to cut back tuition aid for college students. (I'm experiencing this as we speak). THus, less students are able to go to college, or have to go to worse colleges.

Technology and Science: Just last week a secomnd report has been released by a national agency. The report shows how in the past 4 years techonology and science research have decreased in America and have moved more to Europe. This is due to more economic problems of companies and universities, less government funds for science, and because Bush is doing all he can to appeal to Christian voters (like cutting funds for cell research).

Religion and censorship: Separation of church and state is going down the drain as Bush has been increasing funds for christian based groups and cutting others off. Censorship in all media is growing instead of declining. Government is also meddling in social issues it has no business dealing with like gay marriage. Note: your entitled to any opinion you have about gay marriage but the fact is its not the governments business.

Every single state is in a deficit thanks to the national defict and aid cutbacks on the federal level. This has led to cutbacks for schools in cities, libraries, homeless help, and even medical facilities.

Even a smaller percentage than in 2001 now controls the majority of the nation's wealth.

Human and consitutional rights: Bush admin has failed to comply by the consitutionally granted rights that arrested people have.

World Affairs: Complete failure to comply with the internationally accepted Geneva conventions. Withdrawal from weapon nonproliferation treaty with Russia: an action which has ALREADY initiated a new arms race, just as people in Bush's own administration said it would.

Security: complete failure to prevent the worst terrorist attack ever. More terrorists around the world want to hurt us now thanks to the Iraq war. Billions of dollars spent on a missle-defense system: an idea created during Cold War and has recently been proven pointless and capable of stopping missles that nobody even uses anymore.

World Image: US tourism down. The Middle East can't stand us. Europe hates us. Latin America hates us. 95% of the world leaders want to see a change in US leadership.

Backup and support can be provided per your request for any of the above statements.

Now I REALLY want to try to understand your logic. So please, explain to me what has been "superb" about Bush's presidency. I will appreciate that.

I second that!

Done posting links and the rest of us have made very good points.  Lets see what he has to say.
"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.

Xeen

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #184 on: 17 May 2004, 05:30 »
Don't read my quote in Solaris's post. I updated my post so read that instead.

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
the pro bush thread
« Reply #185 on: 17 May 2004, 06:12 »
hey this thread has gone on way too long.

could we just lock this?
just say know

Xeen

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #186 on: 17 May 2004, 06:17 »
quote:
Originally posted by The Stiller:
hey this thread has gone on way too long.

could we just lock this?

NO!

hm_murdock

• VIP
  • Kudos: 378
  • The Lord of Thyme
the pro bush thread
« Reply #187 on: 17 May 2004, 06:34 »
quote:
It seems that you and Jimmy are the only open minded people here.

That's crazy, too!

And I think the only reason I am is because I try to stay very objective in politics. Bush isn't a good president, he is however good at running a war. He's got the guts for it, and he's got what seems like one of the best cabinets in decades.

Bush is a piss poor domestic policyleader, though.
Go the fuck ~

solarismka

the pro bush thread
« Reply #188 on: 17 May 2004, 06:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyJames: GenSTEP Founder:
[QB]

Bush isn't a good president, he is however good at running a war.

He's loosing the Iraqi was big time.  So if he sucks in policy, running the actual country and even war then what good is he?

I agree he was good at scare mongering but execpt for a very few stupid people (See siplus.)  Most people realized he is just a masive bullshiter that has cost alot of people lives.

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
the pro bush thread
« Reply #189 on: 17 May 2004, 06:46 »
quote:
Bush isn't a good president, he is however good at running a war. He's got the guts for it, and he's got what seems like one of the best cabinets in decades.

I disagree.  He is doing an awfull job running the war in Iraq.  Do you really think that we are actually winning?  Rebublicans have all been bad at running wars!  Think back in history.  We won WWI and WWII.  Guess who was president at those times? Democrats!  Sure, LBJ fucked up vietnam but at least he was not an asshole enough to run for president again. And Nixon was even worse at dealing with it.  Anyway, bush is doing an ass crap job in Iraq.  I just wish he never started it in the first place.  Hopefully Kerry can do something about the whole situation if he becomes president.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

Siplus

• Kudos: 43
    • http://www.siplus.org
the pro bush thread
« Reply #190 on: 17 May 2004, 06:55 »
(abe lincoln)

http://www.siplus.org

"Your computer is already fucked up by having Windows
on it, you can only unfuck it up by installing Linux."
-- void main (old school MES member)

Desktop: Athlon 2600/ 768mb DDR266
--Running: Ubuntu 5.10, FC4, Win2k
 (Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)
12" Powerbook: 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerPC / 1.25 GB DDR333
--Running: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Xeen

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #191 on: 17 May 2004, 07:02 »
quote:
Originally posted by Siplus:
(abe lincoln)

So...now response to my post?

Stilly

• Kudos: 29
    • http://kickassshit.tk/
the pro bush thread
« Reply #192 on: 17 May 2004, 07:43 »
quote:

That's crazy, too!

And I think the only reason I am is because I try to stay very objective in politics. Bush isn't a good president, he is however good at running a war. He's got the guts for it, and he's got what seems like one of the best cabinets in decades.

Bush is a piss poor domestic policyleader, though.

absolutely

and how are we losing?
just say know

solarismka

the pro bush thread
« Reply #193 on: 17 May 2004, 08:03 »
quote:
Originally posted by The Stiller:

absolutely

and how are we losing?

Lets see here!  You've pumped millions of dollars into this war.  Yet there is still no victory for you.  Even with all the latest technologies americans still end up getting their assess kicked by a home made road side bomb or a granade.

[ May 16, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

[ May 16, 2004: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

Xeen

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #194 on: 17 May 2004, 08:14 »
quote:
You've pumped millions of dollars into this war.

:(  I wish we had. It's actually billions. A bit more than 115 billion by now.