Author Topic: the pro bush thread  (Read 5193 times)

Paladin9

• VIP
  • Kudos: 263
the pro bush thread
« Reply #60 on: 8 May 2004, 21:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by Siplus:
i'm starting to wonder if all of you fanatically anti-bush'ers really know what you are talking about, or if you just sit there trying to think up what lie to endorse next. what frustrates me most is when the liberal media/figureheads try to discredit anything/anyone who does not follow what they want, and the only way they can do this is by the spread of FUD and lies

I can not beleive there are people out there who actually think bush is a good president.  Bush is a fuck wad.  Anyone should see that.

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

flap

• Kudos: 137
the pro bush thread
« Reply #61 on: 8 May 2004, 16:43 »
quote:
you are showing your ignorance

Will you stop saying that? Do you have any idea how to construct an argument? You can't just refute people's arguments by labelling them "ignorant" or "close minded" because they don't agree with you. What knowledge am I lacking that is hampering my understanding of the motives for this war?

I don't agree with your opinions or those of conservatives generally, but I don't think you hold them because you're ignorant or close minded. You hold them because you're a dick.

quote:
in Israel's case, i wouldn't mind sending aid. they seem to be the only nation in the middle east that has sanity

What?

quote:
i say send the dumb ones who are going no where with their life, but that is just my opinion

Agreed. Send all the conservatives (unarmed).
"While envisaging the destruction of imperialism, it is necessary to identify its head, which is none other than the United States of America." - Ernesto Che Guevara

http://counterpunch.org
http://globalresearch.ca

Siplus

• Kudos: 43
    • http://www.siplus.org
the pro bush thread
« Reply #62 on: 8 May 2004, 21:57 »
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin9:

I can not beleive there are people out there who actually think bush is a good president.  Bush is a fuck wad.  Anyone should see that.

do you believe that clinton was a good pres. ? i CAN'T BELIEVE that you would think that you think he was good. anyone could see he was an asshole

quote:
Will you stop saying that?

nah. now that i know it might piss ya off, i'll say it more.  

quote:
Do you have any idea how to construct an argument?

1) as i think i said in my first post in this thread, i am not very persuasive, so i'm not even trying.
2) if i was going to try, i wouldn't have had enough time the past 2 or so weeks. i have waay too much schoolwork to be doing to worry about arguing online at the moment. maybe after finals  

quote:
I don't agree with your opinions or those of conservatives generally, but I don't think you hold them because you're ignorant or close minded. You hold them because you're a dick.

resorting to name calling? i thought you "libs" would have a larger arsenal of words to throw at me other than 'dick'. Yes i have one, but it is unrealistic to beleive that a dick is sitting at a keyboard typing, as dicks do not support all the necessary functions of life, nor do they have limbs for which they could type with.

quote:
What?

the arab nations are insane. they (generally) are SUPPORTING suicide bombings on innocent israeli citizens. israel retaliates by KILLING the LEADERS of those who are killing their citizens and then all (most) of the arabs are acting as if it is some great disaster that they killed arabs.

quote:
Agreed. Send all the conservatives (unarmed).

note: i said "dumb ones," reffering to those of a lesser intelligence who, for example, would be failing an algebra one course as a senior in high school. although political ideals can show some level of intelligence (liberal mindset showing very little, for example), this is not the only way true intelligence can be determined. there are *some* intelligent liberals, i must reluctantly admit.

http://www.siplus.org

"Your computer is already fucked up by having Windows
on it, you can only unfuck it up by installing Linux."
-- void main (old school MES member)

Desktop: Athlon 2600/ 768mb DDR266
--Running: Ubuntu 5.10, FC4, Win2k
 (Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)
12" Powerbook: 1.5 Ghz G4 PowerPC / 1.25 GB DDR333
--Running: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

flap

the pro bush thread
« Reply #63 on: 8 May 2004, 23:12 »
quote:
i thought you "libs" would have a larger arsenal of words to throw at me other than 'dick'.

I'm sorry if the vocabulary I use to insult you is disappointing. And I'm not a "lib". Liberals tend to value the rights of all people. I don't value the rights of conservatives.

quote:
the arab nations are insane. they (generally) are SUPPORTING suicide bombings on innocent israeli citizens. israel retaliates by KILLING the LEADERS of those who are killing their citizens and then all (most) of the arabs are acting as if it is some great disaster that they killed arabs.

The IDF has killed more Palestinian civilians than arab suicide bombers have killed Israeli civilians. And Israel can hardly be described as "sane" considering the behaviour of Sharon, who has a history of war crimes against arabs going back to long before he became P.M.

quote:
reffering to those of a lesser intelligence who, for example, would be failing an algebra one course as a senior in high school

So you think that the ability to pass a high school test (or perhaps to correctly spell "referring") determines a person's "worth", and people whom you deem to be "going nowhere" are just fodder who can be sacrificed like cattle? Aren't you the same person who a few months ago was objecting to abortion on the grounds that you're "pro-life", and thus presumably think that all human life is sacred?

quote:
although political ideals can show some level of intelligence

Not particularly. There are both intelligent and unintelligent people aligned with every political idealogy. A person's political leaning is more of a matter of mindset and personality rather than intelligence. I don't think you're a conservative because you're unintelligent, nor do I believe that non-conservatives are necessarily particularly intelligent. They're just not dicks.

[ May 08, 2004: Message edited by: flap ]

"While envisaging the destruction of imperialism, it is necessary to identify its head, which is none other than the United States of America." - Ernesto Che Guevara

insomnia

• Kudos: 0
the pro bush thread
« Reply #64 on: 9 May 2004, 02:42 »
quote:

I find it strange that such an educated "uber" person like yourself, doesn't even seem to know our entire  western civilisation is build on this "insane" arabic culture.

[ May 08, 2004: Message edited by: insomnia ]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
    Voltaire

Injustice is happening now; suffering is happening now. We have choices to make now. To insist on absolute certainty before starting to apply ethics to life decisions is a way of choosing to be amoral.
R. Stallman

http://www.pvda.be/

Siplus

the pro bush thread
« Reply #65 on: 9 May 2004, 06:45 »
quote:
So you think that the ability to pass a high school test (or perhaps to correctly spell "referring") determines a person's "worth", and people whom you deem to be "going nowhere" are just fodder who can be sacrificed like cattle? Aren't you the same person who a few months ago was objecting to abortion on the grounds that you're "pro-life", and thus presumably think that all human life is sacred?

i believe that people's actions determine their worth. and yes, i do believe that it is VERY wrong till kill INNOCENT children whose only crime was having a moron for a mother. this is also why i support the death penalty: someone who commits horrible crimes ought to have little worth.

quote:
I find it strange that such an educated "uber" person like yourself, doesn't even seem to know our entire western civilisation is build on this "insane" arabic culture.

aww...you think i'm uber  

yes, i am aware that the root of most of our mathematics originated near the middle-east region, however this was thousands of years ago. in the modern world, they support the murder of innocents, which is grounds enough for me to believe they are not sane.

(Also, Unbuntu 6-06:5, 5.04; Fedora Core 5, WinXP, but none of these are used much)

flap

the pro bush thread
« Reply #66 on: 9 May 2004, 07:01 »
quote:
i believe that people's actions determine their worth. and yes, i do believe that it is VERY wrong till kill INNOCENT children whose only crime was having a moron for a mother. this is also why i support the death penalty: someone who commits horrible crimes ought to have little worth

...as should people who get low SAT scores, presumably. You seem to infer that people who lack academic ability are worthless and deserve nothing better than to be sent to die in a war. Presumably you believe yourself to have worth; as such obviously enlightened, compassionate individuals as yourself have so much to offer society.

quote:
in the modern world, they support the murder of innocents, which is grounds enough for me to believe they are not sane.

I've already told you that the Israelis kill more civilians than the Palestinians. You seem to selectively respond to certain arguments and ignore the rest.

[ May 08, 2004: Message edited by: flap ]

Siplus

the pro bush thread
« Reply #67 on: 9 May 2004, 07:38 »
quote:
Originally posted by flap:

...as should people who get low SAT scores, presumably. You seem to infer that people who lack academic ability are worthless and deserve nothing better than to be sent to die in a war. Presumably you believe yourself to have worth; as such obviously enlightened, compassionate individuals as yourself have so much to offer society.

did i say test scores? some people can not merely take test well. some can't do research papers well. some can't do math well. some can't do [insert project of some class here] well.

individual subject areas do not determine intelligence. i'm not only concerned with strict academic intelligence, but that is the majority of it. when i talk about dumb people, i mostly am talking about those who are intelligent, but do not apply themselves in any useful way. those who waste what they are given. (also stoners....those who live to get 'high')

edit:

quote:
I've already told you that the Israelis kill more civilians than the Palestinians. You seem to selectively respond to certain arguments and ignore the rest.

yes, you have told me. i told you that bush is a good president and you didn't believe me. go figure

[ May 08, 2004: Message edited by: Siplus ]

Paladin9

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #68 on: 9 May 2004, 10:15 »
quote:
stuff

If bush did not dick around in Iraq in the first place, then we would not be in all of this shit.  Now pulling out is not an option.  So, let me say it again, BUSH IS A FUCK WAD!

To create a new standard, it takes something that's not just a little bit different; it takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination

flap

the pro bush thread
« Reply #69 on: 9 May 2004, 15:22 »
quote:
when i talk about dumb people, i mostly am talking about those who are intelligent

Oh, I see now. As long as you're not talking bollocks or anything.

quote:
i told you that bush is a good president and you didn't believe me

That is an opinion. The number of civilian deaths incurred in Israel and Palestine constitutes a fact. Possibly a difficult one to verify, but a fact nonetheless. Do I take it you don't believe me then?

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #70 on: 9 May 2004, 15:56 »
quote:
Siplus: ANYONE can get into college in america if they want to because of the emphasis on education. only a moron or someone with an easy life would pass up the opprotunity for higher education.

That's bullshit. Americans are always saying that, while it's impossible for a lot of people in your country to get higher education, just because they haven't got the money for it. And no, IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT.
The dumbest thing Americans say is that poor people are like that because they are dumb. It isn't like that at all.
America is a country in which you can lose all your income and savings just by braking a foot (I saw a documentry on this, and stuff like that hapens all the time). Oh, and if you don't have the money, you can't pay for good insurance. If you want more money, you need college. But since you're working for a minimum wage job just so you don't lose your lousy appartment, you don't have the time or money for a higher education.

Really, I wouldn't live in the United States if someone gave me a lot of money for it, because that money can be lost just because your insurance company won't pay for you.

I'm happy to live in a country like the Netherlands, because here, you get a free basic insurance, and you won't lose all your money paying for a medical operation.

Paladin9

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #71 on: 10 May 2004, 00:03 »
Refalm is right.  I have know smart people who do really well in high school but are not able to go further becuase they come from a poor family.  Some are lucky to get in to community college.  Fortunately in California community college is really cheap compared to regular 4-year college.  I am at a community college right now and the books almost cost more then the tuition    .

quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:
I'm happy to live in a country like the Netherlands, because here, you get a free basic insurance, and you won't lose all your money paying for a medical operation.

I will be going on vacation in europe within a year, probably spring of next year.  One of the places I am for sure going to is Amsterdam.  My great grandmothers family was from the netherlands somewhere making me 1/8 dutch.  Now I finally get to go there.

Siplus

the pro bush thread
« Reply #72 on: 10 May 2004, 00:43 »
quote:
Originally posted by Refalm:

That's bullshit. Americans are always saying that, while it's impossible for a lot of people in your country to get higher education, just because they haven't got the money for it. And no, IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT.
The dumbest thing Americans say is that poor people are like that because they are dumb. It isn't like that at all.
America is a country in which you can lose all your income and savings just by braking a foot (I saw a documentry on this, and stuff like that hapens all the time). Oh, and if you don't have the money, you can't pay for good insurance. If you want more money, you need college. But since you're working for a minimum wage job just so you don't lose your lousy appartment, you don't have the time or money for a higher education.

Really, I wouldn't live in the United States if someone gave me a lot of money for it, because that money can be lost just because your insurance company won't pay for you.

oh. so i guess all those thousands of mexicans crossing the border, hundreds of cubans fleeing to join the US and how many thousands/(however many there are i don't know) immigrants there are per year. they all want to live in america because america sucks so much. ya! everyone come and join in the misery of living in america!!!

anyway...there are many ways to get a college education. if you really want in, there is NO REASON YOU SHOULD NOT GET IN. Scholarships, grants, loans, student loans (yes, they even have loans specially designed for those wishing to attend college...wow, what will they think of next?)...all you have to do is look for ways. for some scholarships all you might have to do is write a simple essay. i know what is out there, because i am looking right now at colleges. i have only one year of highschool left and then i'm going to have to rely on only scholarships, grants (if i get any) and LOANS. so i will have to pay back my 8 years of college when i get a job. there is nothing wrong with that.

also, social security in the US is not just for old people. it also covers disabilities. if you are injured on a job, guess what? you collect from social security.

If you are happy in the Netherlands, then good for you. i'm not telling you to pack up and leave.i am sure there are germans happy they are in germany, and russians happy they are in russia. for me, i'm happy i'm in america.

Siplus

the pro bush thread
« Reply #73 on: 10 May 2004, 00:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin9:
Refalm is right.  I have know smart people who do really well in high school but are not able to go further becuase they come from a poor family.  Some are lucky to get in to community college.  Fortunately in California community college is really cheap compared to regular 4-year college.  I am at a community college right now and the books almost cost more then the tuition     .

woah...either you have really expensive books or that is a cheap college! how many classes do you take a semester?

Paladin9

• VIP
the pro bush thread
« Reply #74 on: 10 May 2004, 01:15 »
All of those illegal aliens come to america to get a half decent job, not a big fancy education!

quote:
woah...either you have really expensive books or that is a cheap college! how many classes do you take a semester?

Like I said, community college in California is cheap.  I think I pay around $700 a semester(books and tuition together).  Notice that I say semester and not quarter or trimester.  I may have to start paying more though, Arnie is raising tuition becauase of the state's budget problems.  The four year college in my town is closing for the summer this year.  This is the first time that has ever happened.  <sarcasm>yeah, sure, things are A LOT better with Grey Davis recalled!</sarcasm>

[ May 09, 2004: Message edited by: Paladin9 ]