Author Topic: Moderation  (Read 1559 times)

Pantso

• Kudos: 55
    • http://www.support-freesoftware.org
Moderation
« Reply #30 on: 22 November 2002, 15:18 »
Calum is right. If he hadn't started that thread, some members would have been posting screenshots all over. To me at least, this is a sign of responsible moderating. Hell, I'm on dialup but I still visit the particular thread.  

Kintaro

• Kudos: 255
  • I want to get the band back together!
    • JohnTate.org
Moderation
« Reply #31 on: 22 November 2002, 15:27 »
No people should just post links links links of them (i wrote links 3 times so i got through to you) its not hard, and it better for the poor people.

Pantso

Moderation
« Reply #32 on: 22 November 2002, 15:34 »
quote:
Originally posted by X11 / BOB: The croc hunter:
No people should just post links links links of them (i wrote links 3 times so i got through to you) its not hard, and it better for the poor people.

You have a point there X11. Being one of the "poor people" (still on dialup), I have to agree with that.

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Moderation
« Reply #33 on: 22 November 2002, 15:36 »
x11, i have made many points above about why what you say is completely incorrect, if you choose to descend into this banal dialogue then I will not waste any more energy on this futile topic.

People can post images images images images images images (i said images six times, since you appear to believe in a very immature way that that proves something, so my extra three repetitions makes me right) in one thread which contains a warning in the title. people on dial up are warned and if they go there, then it's their lookout. if they want to see the images then the waiting time adds up the same in the end anyway, and i guarantee you it's a fucking boring thread without seeing the images.

And there's NO NEED to insult people for no reason other than you want to vent your spleen.

[ November 22, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Moderation
« Reply #34 on: 22 November 2002, 15:41 »
on second thoughts, you know what? i vote that we make X11 the only moderator of the lounge, and we can the screenshots thread. then we'll see how he fucking copes. the lounge sees the most traffic on this site by far, and i'm sick of X11 moaning about what a shit moderator i am, and then fucking deleting half the unix forum. sorry, i was ready to forgive and forget about that but if you want a flame war, x11, you'll get one.

Pantso

Moderation
« Reply #35 on: 22 November 2002, 15:43 »
Hey you guys, chill out! There's no need for a forum "civil war" between mods!

X11, Calum is right. The thread he started does warn people on dialup about the content. There's really no need for insults!

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Moderation
« Reply #36 on: 22 November 2002, 17:28 »
there is only one way to solve this... 9 rounds of bare knuckle boxing.

aynways.. calum, you mentioned that you didnt want L-User (his new name) to be a mod... welll he already said that he didnt want to be a mod.

the people that seem to want to be mods are
muffin man, thequirk, macman, stryker kinda.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Moderation
« Reply #37 on: 22 November 2002, 17:59 »
My problem is that even with a screenshot thread, they should be linked... that way more people can look at them and I would be willing to post some of my own screenshots there.

But i cant join in because of the bandwidth problem, if i ever moderate the lounge, that thread will be fixed by me and kept that way.

But of cource the people modding the Lounge are:

Webmaster - Never here
Calum - Thinks its okay because he has been going there since the "beggining of it" and the images are in his cache
M0R - On Cable or somthing, doesnt care
psyjax - ???, Doesnt seem to care...

But there is one spare slot, maybe i should jump at it.

Kintaro

• JohnTate.org
Moderation
« Reply #38 on: 22 November 2002, 18:05 »
quote:
Originally posted by Calum:
on second thoughts, you know what? i vote that we make X11 the only moderator of the lounge, and we can the screenshots thread. then we'll see how he fucking copes. the lounge sees the most traffic on this site by far, and i'm sick of X11 moaning about what a shit moderator i am, and then fucking deleting half the unix forum. sorry, i was ready to forgive and forget about that but if you want a flame war, x11, you'll get one.

dude i never said your a bad mod, your one of the best, and you keep this place on the thin balance of sainity. WHat more could i ask but not excluding people on dialup!

Thats all i think should be done, and if im the only mod of the lounge, i can go into the moderator cp and disable images altogether in the lounge.... So go ahead... Im happy to mod the lounge...  ;)

But dont take it as an offence, im always here and could mod the thing on my own with my rules so go ahead... do it, im happy for it...

Anyway, i pick teh quirk!

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Moderation
« Reply #39 on: 22 November 2002, 18:31 »
whatever.

for your information the shameless screenshots are now in the dead thread zone. if anybody starts a thread containing large images in the lounge, in any way then i will also dead thread them. The problem is that X11 is entirely at fault here, and i will get the blame.

if anybody has any problem with this i urge you to send a PM to X11 about it. I don't have time for this shit.

edit - and instead of slinging insults, x11, you could just have asked nicely.

[ November 22, 2002: Message edited by: Calum ]

Master of Reality

• VIP
  • Kudos: 177
    • http://www.bobhub.tk
Moderation
« Reply #40 on: 22 November 2002, 20:59 »
see what those damn Integrational Polytheists do 'round here.
Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Moderate
Linux User #283518
'It takes more than a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head to stop Bob'

xyle_one

• VIP
  • Kudos: 135
Moderation
« Reply #41 on: 22 November 2002, 21:41 »
well. first of all, i think that the "Shameless Screen Shot Thread" should stay, it does have a warning. shit, why not start one that isnt so "shameless" where all the images are linked. second.. i vote for a fellow Mac Commando, Macman to mod in the windows section. (in a sick sick way, i like the idea of "mac" keeping windows in line  ;)  )
i dont really think blocking all images in the lounge is a good idea. the thread does warn you that it is not for dial up.

psyjax

• VIP
Moderation
« Reply #42 on: 22 November 2002, 21:59 »
quote:
But of cource the people modding the Lounge are:

Webmaster - Never here
Calum - Thinks its okay because he has been going there since the "beggining of it" and the images are in his cache
M0R - On Cable or somthing, doesnt care
psyjax - ???, Doesnt seem to care...

But there is one spare slot, maybe i should jump at it.[/QB]

The thread warn's you.... and I.... urr... hehe... I hava a T1  :D
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Calum

• Global Moderator
    • Calum Carlyle's music
Moderation
« Reply #43 on: 22 November 2002, 22:15 »
yeah well, my stance hasn't changed, macman for the windows forum!!!!!!!!! also, fucking, if it says in the title 'don't come here modem users - big images' then only a complete thicky would go there on a modem, either that or somebody who DOESN'T MIND WAITING FOR THE IMAGES!!!!!! and that's me a lot of the time so i know whereof i speak.

i think it's the height of stupidity to ban something like inline images just because one person wants to impose their monopolistic opinions on everybody else, but obviously i am ignorant, aren't i, x11?

Doogee

• VIP
  • Kudos: 109
    • http://m-db.info
Moderation
« Reply #44 on: 23 November 2002, 11:44 »
long live the shameless screenshots thread, and thanks for takin it out of the dead threaders.
If your on dialup then dont go there! Make your own thread called "Shameless Screenshots for Dialup" and u can use links? Is there any problem with that? Not to my knowledge anyway.

ive got ADSL anyway so it makes absolutely no difference to me, im just trying to contribute a little more around here.