Author Topic: MacUser3of5 dumb ass post  (Read 539 times)

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
MacUser3of5 dumb ass post
« on: 18 October 2002, 21:39 »
quote:
Go home to 'DarnMicrosoft' and FUD somewhere else... you obviously have no idea what palladium or TCPA is about, do you?

He posted this in the ARS Open Forum, as if he hadn't seen the palladium posts before.  :rolleyes:
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

MacUser3of5

• Kudos: 0
    • http://notquiteyet.com
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2002, 08:17 »
Yawn. You came out shooting blanks, and I called you on it. Get over it. Sorry if I came off strongly, but Ars gets flamebait about this constantly, and the tolerance level there is dropping fast.

It's (TCPA/Palladium) old news at Ars also. Do some research. Don't just assume Ars consists of mindless MS fanboys.

Edit: I never left MES.

-Andrew

[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: MacUser3of5 ]

"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

RudeCat7

« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2002, 08:37 »
Fanboys? I don't think that's the problem there. Who the hell makes up the demographics at that place? Those mods act like they're running some high dollar country club!
It is just fucking ridiculous! Is that where elitist coders go to post when they retire? I only checked it out because somebody here said it was decent, I think it was Calum. Fuck that place! It's garbage!

(We are talking about ARS Open Forum, and the incident was that I posted a link to our Linux, and BSD babes) I think I got banned...Cuz one of the mods is not fond of hot chics.   :mad:  

Stop, and think MacUser, when did one of the topics get "dead-threaded" here just because someone said something that was inflammatory?
I just got pissed off there because they locked the damn post too damn fast!

I think I am pretty reasonable, and hardly ever blast somebody here unless they are blatantly offensive, and I found that MWNH mod to be a extremely bigoted and arrogant character! Which is worse than any windoid coming here and saying "Linux sucks! Windows rules!"

[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: RudeCat7 ]

MacUser3of5

• Kudos: 0
    • http://notquiteyet.com
« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2002, 21:28 »
If you got banned, it would most likely be a temporary one week ban. The reason for a ban? Most likely this post. That post showed a flagrant disregard of the rules at Ars. If you have a problem with moderation, email the mod. MWNH isn't the only moderator in the BF, so please don't act as if he is running a dictatorship or elite country club.

The reason your 'chick' post was locked was not because of censorship, but because that type of post belongs in the Lounge, not in the BF. It's that simple. It wasn't anything personal (that sort of thing is quite common, really), but you made it personal.

I do apologize for being somewhat 'prickish' in my response... that was not a good day for me.
"Let them call me a rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul..." - Thomas Paine

RudeCat7

« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2002, 21:52 »
1) I don't plan to check out that forum again.

2) Not an insult, since he seems to be pretty damn proud of the fact.

3) This dude has enough sense to know that any debate is pointless! So why put these outlandish guidelines?

EX:
My Os is better than your OS
My car is better than your car
My religion is better than your religion
My country is better than your country

It's all pointless! So at least have some fun!

I was not insulting in my original post, and no one told me about using the lounge for that post. They just locked it!

Anyhow, this is pointless too! You believe what you want to believe, and it's o.k. with me.

preacher

• VIP
  • Kudos: 107
    • http://kansascity.cjb.net
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2002, 12:20 »
I had to take a look and all I can say is that those people take this shit too seriously. At least here we have a sense of humor. What does "IBTL" mean, and why do they use it so much?
Kansas City Hustle
http://kansascity.cjb.net

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2002, 12:48 »
quote:
I only checked it out because somebody here said it was decent, I think it was Calum. Fuck that place! It's garbage!
careful now, it's this sort of mudslinging that gets you into trouble.

I never said any such thing, and while i won't take this comment (which coupled with your other comments about that forum could be considered as a slur) personally, perhaps you'd better be more careful about who you say did what.

Next thing you know you'll be telling newbies that steve jobs started microsoft and ballmer was a late 1960s UNIX hacker!
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

RudeCat7

« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2002, 05:41 »
No offense intended, Calum. I just can't remember exactly who recommended it.
The "I beat the lock" is mentioned there often, because when someone makes an "offensive?" remark, their post can be expected to be "dead threaded" IMMEDIATELY so you may not make any more posts to that topic.
Alot of people there seem to get a thrill out of making a post before it gets locked.

That is all, IBTL!