Author Topic: Microsoft admits it wants to FORCE everybody to use Longhorn!!!!  (Read 708 times)

bwid_s_01

• Kudos: 0
First of all, heres a link to the COMPLETE version of the longhorn review article I linked to yesterday:
http://www.vnunet.com/Features/1142564

Please note especially paragraphs 10-12 under the section titled "So When?". For those who don't feel like searching for it, here it is:

quote:
Speaking at Winhec in May, Phil Poole, Microsoft's senior vice-president of the Windows Platform Group, talked of "life immersion": melding products so seamlessly into the user's life that they had no choice but to upgrade.

"We haven't immersed the technology into their lives as well as we could and we haven't asked them to immerse their lives into the technology as well as could be done either," he said.

That, then, is Microsoft's task for the next two years - to convince us that our business and personal lives will so depend on this upgrade that we will not be able to live without it.

Fucking Pricks!

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
once again i must agree. fucking pricks.
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies

suselinux

• Kudos: 30
cumguzlersoft

I kinda got the idea that MS would really push LongHorn with adds and stuff, but Total assiml....I mean immersion was not what I had expected.

Kinda funny, they wanna make life depend on having LongHorn

Right now mine depends on not having Bindoze

Cumguzlersoft, what will they think of next? :D

mc0282

correct me if i am wrong didn't microsoft lose the ANTI-TRUST case, shouldn't microsoft stop including movie maker,media playe, other useless feature ? or they going to act like nothing  happend ?
huh, what?

suselinux

quote:
Originally posted by mc0282:
correct me if i am wrong didn't microsoft lose the ANTI-TRUST case, shouldn't microsoft stop including movie maker,media playe, other useless feature ? or they going to act like nothing  happend ?

Anti-Trust Case??  :D

mobrien_12

• VIP
  • Kudos: 711
    • http://www.geocities.com/mobrien_12
quote:
Originally posted by mc0282:

No.  Officially MS lost the first case.  However, Jackson couldn't keep his *&#$ing mouth shut and made comments during a magazine interview which caused the appeals court to decide that his remedy needed to be thrown out.

Enter a new judge, Koltar-Kelley.

Koltar-Kelley ordered the DOJ and MS to settle in the name of 9-11 rather than have a second trial.  The settlement was an enormous victory for MS especially since it included an agreement by the DOJ that MS would never again be prosecuted for bundling/tying media placer, MSIE, etc. to the OS.

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: M. O'Brien ]

[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: M. O'Brien ]

In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight....

bwid_s_01

quote:
Originally posted by M. O'Brien:
...it included an agreement by the DOJ that MS would never again be prosecuted for bundling/tying media placer, MSIE, etc. to the OS.

:mad:    :mad:    :mad:  WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? So thats why MS got away with integrating MSN into XP and longhorn. Blast those fucking pricks at Microsoft, and the idiots at the DOJ. Fuck them all!

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
I was not aware of that particular piece of information, and this indeed explains a lot. They really do get away with everything.

gump420

Technically, once any part of that settlement is broken, the entire thing is going to basically be null and void.  So we're back at ground zero - ie, like nothing happened.  It's just gonna take at least ten years before anybody in the DOJ has the balls to sue them again . . .
I can't get over you until you get out from under him.

M51DPS

• VIP
That's exactly what we need, an OS so integrated that even our lives can crash.

avello500

• http://www.suicidaltendencies.com/
"sorry boss i cant come to work today, my life blue screened when i woke up. i need a full re-install."
How can you say im crazy? You wouldnt know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch.  -- mike muir/suicidal tendencies

solarismka

ROFLMAO!!!

quote:
sorry boss i cant come to work today, my life blue screened when i woke up. i need a full re-install."

Well i'm happy using Linux!  And already people are saying they will stick to XP and not upgrade.   If they try to force me I'd rather live without whatever it is needed for!   :cool:  

quote:
Turning this on its head, WinFS creates a central information repository into which all files - regardless of type or originating application - are saved, allowing you to make system-wide searches that will gather information from the whole database.  

so now it makes it easier for the feds to watch you.

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: -=Solaris.M.K.A=- ]

"Regime Change" starts at home!<p>Islam IS NOT the enemy! Against American Terrorism since Sept/11/2001<p>Jihad:<p>http://www.islamanswers.net/jihad/meaning.htm <p>new SuSE Linux User!<p><p>If your gonna point a finger at someone then at least have the proof to back you up!<p>trolls are idiots that demand attention by posting whatever is opposite to the theme to ruffle feathers to make people upset!<p>Often these same trolls always mention grammar/spelling since they have no intelligence of their own.