Author Topic: MS Gamer Bashing  (Read 4028 times)

doublefresh

• Kudos: 0
MS Gamer Bashing
« on: 10 November 2002, 19:35 »
I'm new to your site and I've just spent the last half hour reading a number of your articles. I agree with most of your opinions. I found many of the articles very informative. I even own a couple of linux machines.

I must however scold your game player bashing. Obviously you know very little about computer gaming and the hard core gamer. We like the ability to play multiplayer games with other people on the internet. We like to run servers capable of hosting hundreds of users. We create our own maps, character skins, sounds and other things you can not do with a "Play station".

Microsoft still has the upper hand in gaming but I'll be happy to switch to Linux full time if they ever make it easy to install and modify computer games.

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2002, 20:06 »
microsoft has you fooled..... should you have to spend $200 on an OS, and $1000? on a computer to play games? That is their big hook...get the kiddies, and the parents will follow. It's kinda like McDonald's success formula. Use happy meals to get the little kids, and the parents of course, have to comply.

It is an intelligent business model, but don't be blind to it.

Why do you think that copy protection hasn't made any real progress when it comes to games?
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2002, 20:28 »
quote:
doublefresh: Microsoft still has the upper hand in gaming but I'll be happy to switch to Linux full time if they ever make it easy to install and modify computer games.

Well, Epic Games has made Unreal Tournament 2003 compatible with Linux. There's a Linux and Windows version in every box.

Well, that makes it worth not to download it off some warez site I think  ;)

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2002, 21:46 »
quote:
Originally posted by doublefresh:
I must however scold your game player bashing. Obviously you know very little about computer gaming and the hard core gamer. We like the ability to play multiplayer games with other people on the internet. We like to run servers capable of hosting hundreds of users. We create our own maps, character skins, sounds and other things you can not do with a "Play station".

Get over it.

quote:
Microsoft still has the upper hand in gaming but I'll be happy to switch to Linux full time if they ever make it easy to install and modify computer games.

Quit your whining and do something about it. Learn how to program and make it happen. That's what Linux is all about. If you don't want to do that, continue to use Microsoft or quit whining about something you get for free from someone who donated their sweat and time.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2002, 00:03 »
Gamers are often times lamers.

I play games myself, and own several systems. But Id be damned if I baught a computer specifically for games!

Granted I do share a friends PC to play IWDII etc.   :D   but that's about as far as I go.

Gamers tend to think they are very L337 for some ungodly reason. They spend to much time and money on software that does nothing productive, (not that games are bad, but $1500+ then maybe a couple of hundred bucks on software, then maybe another 1500+ upgrading your machine after 3 years, plz, that's just dumb).

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax v6.9 /Dave ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2002, 01:41 »
microsoft has you fooled..... should you have to spend $200 on an OS, and $1000? on a computer to play games?

All the gamers I know use thier machines for a variety of things. Watching Music and Videos, browsing the internet, typing up work. CD Burning. Communication. What do you do on your box?

Why do you think that copy protection hasn't made any real progress when it comes to games?

Are you saying that they intentionally make bad copy protection on games? Hah.

Quit your whining and do something about it. Learn how to program and make it happen. That's what Linux is all about. If you don't want to do that, continue to use Microsoft

And thus, MS rules the majority of PCs.

Gamers tend to think they are very L337 for some ungodly reason.

Quite a statement for such a broad group of people.

voidmain

• VIP
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2002, 01:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by fett101:
And thus, MS rules the majority of PCs.

No argument there. But Linux has 100% of the PCs in my house.

doublefresh

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2002, 06:01 »
Holy Sh1T,

I tell you I agree with most of what you say but then I myself get bashed by you for not agreeing that computer users should not play games!

Blow me sideways! Your attitude is why Unix/Linux will never be anything more than a toy for computer Geeks. Your average user does not have the time or patience to learn anything more than click and point. XP is the easiest thing to install on the planet and it makes networking pretty friggin easy as well. I know most of you enjoy feeling elite and pompus being able to install red hat or free bsd on your P166 and coding your own "when to wipe your a$$" schedule but the other 99% of the population just wants something easy to use.

I came here agreeing with everything you had to say other than your attitude towards gamers but I leave thinking you are all just a bunch of assholes!

doublefresh

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2002, 06:07 »
BTW, I have not paid for a MS operating system since Windows 95, I do have 2 Linux boxes, I do spend time playing games on the net and I bet I still get laid more often than you, make more money than you and have visited more countries than you ever will.

RudeCat7

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2002, 06:17 »
Oh boy,
can you sense the insecurity in this one? Some of our locals are gamerz, and you don't see them freaking out.

Damn it! I thought I could leave my old sig out...
but I can't, because it's obviously needed for a reference.

btw- flame away, but I don't plan to waste my time on you, ummm, whatever your name is...

voidmain

• VIP
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2002, 06:19 »
quote:
Originally posted by doublefresh:
BTW, I have not paid for a MS operating system since Windows 95, I do have 2 Linux boxes, I do spend time playing games on the net and I bet I still get laid more often than you, make more money than you and have visited more countries than you ever will.

Who are you talking to?

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2002, 06:26 »
Ya, no one flamed you! Why the hell you trashing the forum?

We just gave our opinions on the issue. So chill the fuck out.

EDIT: Is this a candidate for piracy m0r?  

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: psyjax v6.9 /Dave ]

Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

RudeCat7

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2002, 06:26 »
VOID: I don't think anyone here has paid for windows since '95...LOL!!!

Not even Zombie9920....LOL!!!

*meow !---I want chicken, I want liver...

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: Black & White Cat ]

doublefresh

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2002, 07:15 »
Sorry, I'm not a regular here and it's been a while since I've been a non-regular on a message board. I'm not used to being treated like shit.

So some of you think computers should not be use for games. Thats fine. You are all welcome to your own opinions.

Linux/Unix will be the choice of those whos intent it is to understand the OS they use. I still claim 99% of computer users don't care how it works as long as it works.

I've installed Quake III on Linux and it took a whole afternoon to get it to work. On an MS operating system it took about 5 minutes. Are you telling me it's cool because it takes a long time to figure out?

As someone above said to me "get over it"

Linux/Unix/Free BSD are free, open source, and used by people who understand computers. No one but 1% of computer users could give a hoot that MS keeps track of what sites you go to, or what you buy.

MS will continue to dominate the market for years and years to come. And it won't be my fault because I don't buy their products.

doublefresh

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2002, 07:37 »
Yah I'm back for more,

Black & White Cat states

"Why do you think that copy protection hasn't made any real progress when it comes to games?"

Copy protection in general is Weak. MS has not produced an OS that could not be pirated, Same for Adobe, Macromedia and most other software makers.

void main

Tells me to "get over it" And thinks the solution to get rid of MS is to have everyone on the planet become a programmer with the skills of ID software engineers.

It will never happen! No one want's to have to become a programmer to complete basic everyday tasks.

My favorite quote is from psyjax v6.9 /Dave

"Gamers are often times lamers. Gamers tend to think they are very L337 for some ungodly reason. They spend to much time and money on software that does nothing productive, (not that games are bad, but $1500+ then maybe a couple of hundred bucks on software, then maybe another 1500+ upgrading your machine after 3 years, plz, that's just dumb)"

LOL! that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
I don't think I'm elite and I don't buy software, I download it. My newest computer is a 750 T-bird with a TNT2 video card that I paid less than $350 to build. And as far as "Nothing Productive" games are what got me interested in basic TCT/IP, networking, and the skills that got me the job I have now.

Fett101 is the only cool guy among you.