Author Topic: MS Gamer Bashing  (Read 4022 times)

psyjax

• VIP
  • Kudos: 55
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #15 on: 11 November 2002, 08:17 »
Wow! Seems like you came here LOOKING to get pissed off. You sir ARE a lamer  

Have fun, Im not entertaining anymore of this nonsensse.
Psyjax! I RULEZZZZ!!! HAR HAR HAR

voidmain

• VIP
  • Kudos: 184
    • http://voidmain.is-a-geek.net/
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #16 on: 11 November 2002, 08:21 »
Like I said, get over it. If you don't want to write your own games then complain to the game vendors to write games for Linux. Installing and playing games doesn't have to be difficult as witnessed by Unreal Tournament.

As far as your comment about being to more countries and making more money, I don't see how that relates to this thread in the least. And although entirely possible, I seriously doubt that you have been to more countries than I and make more money than I. Let's see, countries I have been to:

USA
Canada
Germany
Luxembourg
France
Italy
Spain
Switzerland
Sweden
Denmark
Norway
Saudi Arabia
Holland
Austria
England
Belgium
Iceland
Liechtenstein

And I know there are a couple more that I am not thinking of...

As far as money, well at $150/hr you figure it out.
Someone please remove this account. Thanks...

slave

• Kudos: 0
    • http://www.fuckmicrosoft.com
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #17 on: 11 November 2002, 08:34 »
quote:
Posted by doublefresh:
I've installed Quake III on Linux and it took a whole afternoon to get it to work. On an MS operating system it took about 5 minutes.

I'm a windows fan myself, but please, why did it take you a whole afternoon to install quake 3 on linux?  I'm a Linux n00b and it took me less than half an hour to set up winex and install Warcraft 3 which is a windows game!  Quake 3 must've taken me 1.6 minutes to install...

I don't think these guys are saying that all gamers are stupid.  All they're saying is that anyone who would spend 1500 bucks on a glorified gaming console and then another 150-300 bucks on Windows XP just so they can play some k3wl new windows-only game and nothing more is, to put it bluntly, a moron.  Most of the people here think that games should not be the deciding factor on what kind of operating system to use.  There are so many wonderful things computers can do besides run counter-strike and the latest Quake ripoff.  Personally I can play most of my favorate games like WC3, UnrealTourney2003, the Quake games, and plenty of others on either Linux or Windows.

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #18 on: 11 November 2002, 08:43 »
Ummm....well said, umm *gasp* XP User....  :eek:
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

Doctor V

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #19 on: 12 November 2002, 07:18 »
quote:
Originally posted by doublefresh:
Holy Sh1T,

I tell you I agree with most of what you say but then I myself get bashed by you for not agreeing that computer users should not play games!

Blow me sideways! Your attitude is why Unix/Linux will never be anything more than a toy for computer Geeks. Your average user does not have the time or patience to learn anything more than click and point. XP is the easiest thing to install on the planet and it makes networking pretty friggin easy as well. I know most of you enjoy feeling elite and pompus being able to install red hat or free bsd on your P166 and coding your own "when to wipe your a$$" schedule but the other 99% of the population just wants something easy to use.

I came here agreeing with everything you had to say other than your attitude towards gamers but I leave thinking you are all just a bunch of assholes!

God Damn this guy is funny!  Dear doublefresh, why are you bothering to censor out words like shit and ass which posting on a forum on fuckmicrosoft.com.  First off, XP is not the easiest thing on the planet to install, Mandrake Linux 9.0 beats it out cleanly.  I'm a gamer too.  I love games.  WC3 is my favorite PC game.  It works well on linux with wine.  In fact, any PC game that dosn't work with the latest version of wine will likely work with the next version.  I can wait until then.  Even though I am an impatient SOB, waiting it out won't be so hard because I own a PS2.  Granted, $ony is nearly as evil as M$, but hey they have great games, more than I could ever even want (I will never buy from $ony again, from now on its Nintendo only.  GB advance rocks).  Linux is already alot more than a toy for geeks.  It is the best server available.  It dosn't crash.  Great for business, and great for games.  Games would mostly be made for linux if it were not for M$'s illegal marketing tactics.

V

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #20 on: 12 November 2002, 22:07 »
doublefresh, i sometimes see this happen, it is quite predictable. here goes:

1) 133t gamer, warez d00d posts here about how he agrees with us all and would only use h4xx0rr3d copies of windows or some claptrap

2) about half a dozen people say 'oh yes, well here's my opinion, and by the way the wool has been pulled over your eyes, here's why'

3) aforementioned 133t gam3r d00d gets really pissed off and posts a bunch of posts about how he was really nice to us and all we did was insult him et c, which is always a bunch of lies. This 'bashing' you claim to have received is ENTIRELY in your mind. it is totally the result of your personal insecurities. Just because you suck up in your first post, do not assume this gives you the right to receive only touchy feely posts in future.

conclusion) sadly, most of these people quickly fuck off, presumably without ever thinking for themselves in the process. thinking for yourself is difficult if you are not used to doing it, however it will do you well in the long run. Again, sadly most of the world's population do not agree with me.

Welcome to the forums, lets hope you get over it because people here do not hold grudges and you will be welcomed as soon as you can take it as well as dish it out.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #21 on: 12 November 2002, 23:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by RudeCat8.0:
VOID: I don't think anyone here has paid for windows since '95...LOL!!!

Not even Zombie9920....LOL!!!

*meow !---I want chicken, I want liver...

[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: Black & White Cat ]

I'm not even going to get into this argument with you again. It is pointless.

quote:
Originally posted by doublefresh
Holy Sh1T,
I tell you I agree with most of what you say but then I myself get bashed by you for not agreeing that computer users should not play games!

Blow me sideways! Your attitude is why Unix/Linux will never be anything more than a toy for computer Geeks. Your average user does not have the time or patience to learn anything more than click and point. XP is the easiest thing to install on the planet and it makes networking pretty friggin easy as well. I know most of you enjoy feeling elite and pompus being able to install red hat or free bsd on your P166 and coding your own "when to wipe your a$$" schedule but the other 99% of the population just wants something easy to use.

I came here agreeing with everything you had to say other than your attitude towards gamers but I leave thinking you are all just a bunch of assholes!

Most of the people in the Linux community do have piss poor attitudes. Thier minds are so dilluted by Open Source software that they actually think they are better than anyone who doesn't use the Open Source copycat, wannabe knockoff of propriarity software crap. As I've already said in the past...anyone who judges a person by the software they use is truly a geeky nerd. ;P

quote:
Originally posted by fett101 [QB]
All the gamers I know use thier machines for a variety of things. Watching Music and Videos, browsing the internet, typing up work. CD Burning. Communication. What do you do on your box?

And thus, MS rules the majority of PCs.

Quite a statement for such a broad group of people. [QB]

1. I use my computer for productivity(work), communication, for downloading music&burning music CD's, to download movies&Music videos to watch and burn to VCD's and I use it for entertainment(gaming). Personally I feel that it is quite stupid to have a computer only for work nowadays considering the technology our computers have is able to do everything. Even the hardest working man on the planet has to take a break from work sometimes. Playing games is a is a great way to free your mind from the stress of work. Given, playing games is a lesiure, not a nessecity...however it is nice to know that your system *CAN* play any game that is out on the market. When it comes to work, Linux doesn't even have most of the popular commonly used business apps(Linux has cheap, knockoffs/rip-offs of popular apps). Calling Linux the ultimate productivity solution is definatley lie. The truth behind Linux is it immitates, it doesn't innovate.

2.That is obvious. I seriously doubt that Linux will ever gain 1/10 of the software market dominance that MS has because of it's shortcomings(it's ugliness, difficulty to use, it's lack of real apps(not knock-offs) and the buggy nature of Open Source software). You know that there are always new versions of the Linux kernel being released because the last kernel had so many bugs and flaws. The bad thing about that is, most drivers and alot of pre-compiled software in an RPM package(RPM = Linux knock off of a Windows Installer) are made for a certain version of the Linux kernel. Keeping up with all of the kernel updates and the stuff that will run on the new kernel can be a pain in the ass. With Windows you can use virtually any Win32 app with any version of Windows. When it comes to drivers, a Win9x driver will work with Windows 95, 98, 98SE, WinME...a Win2K driver will work with XP and in most cases an XP driver will work with Win2K and a Win2K/XP driver will more than likely work with Longhorn. You don't have to hunt for stuff that is made for a certain kernel version number when you use Windows. Linux is really for the geeks who have nothing better to do than sit in front of a damn monitor all day.

3. Linux users tend to feel that anybody who doesn't use what they want people to use is inferior. They should learn that the world does not revolve around them and what they want. Most people(me included) don't give a shit what other people use. If a person wants to use Linux..fine..more power to them. You don't see Windows users sitting around on a forum all day telling people not to use Linux. Linux users on the other hand devote thier lives to telling people not to use Windows. That there should be enough to show that the Linux community consists mainly of geeks who have no real life, no real friends, no girlfriend(s). There is one good thing about the geeks though, they make for great entertainment.    ;)  

Anyways, I think I've already spent too much time typing up this reply. I need to get outta here cause I have some things to go do. LoL

[ November 12, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]

voidmain

• VIP
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #22 on: 13 November 2002, 00:57 »
Oh where to start. I'm not even going to get into any details. Talking to Zombie is a waste of breath. Every single point he tried to make is false. Things like RPM being a knockoff of a Winodows installer is laughable. RPM is 10000% more functional than a Windows installer, there is no resemblance. Try recompiling Word with the Windows installer.

You are right about taking a break from work though. But when I do it, I actually do it, that is I get away from the computer, I don't play computer games. I go outside and have fun with things like flying airplanes and riding dirt bikes. Maybe Zombie should get out more often.

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #23 on: 13 November 2002, 02:12 »
quote:
Originally posted by void main:
[QB] Every single point he tried to make is false.[QB]

Quite amazing that that opinions can be proved false.

voidmain

• VIP
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #24 on: 13 November 2002, 02:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by fett101:

Quite amazing that that opinions can be proved false.

Maybe the day God was passing out brains you thought he said "rain" and hid inside?

emh

MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #25 on: 13 November 2002, 03:44 »
I am curious, Zombie.  Why is it that you refer to open source software as merely knock offs or inferior?  How much of it have you actually used before, and for how long before deciding that it doesn't meet your needs?  Why do you consider open source software to not be "real" software?

This isn't meant as a flame, I'm truly curious why you think this way.

Fett101

• VIP
  • Kudos: 85
    • http://fgmma.com
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #26 on: 13 November 2002, 04:06 »
quote:

Maybe the day God was passing out brains you thought he said "rain" and hid inside?

Oh yes. That convinces me that you are 100% right. How could I have ever doubted Linux.

voidmain

• VIP
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #27 on: 13 November 2002, 04:20 »
quote:
Originally posted by fett101:

Oh yes. That convinces me that you are 100% right. How could I have ever doubted Linux.

Good question, how?

RudeCat7

• Kudos: 109
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #28 on: 13 November 2002, 05:29 »
I agree with Void, it would be waste of time responding to Zombie. He is just simply too ignorant, and self-important to debate intelligently. Oh, did I forget to mention he is a hypocrite? He keeps denying his warez usage. Plus, he blatantly puts down the geek lifestyle, yet he has logged over 3000 posts at PlanetHardware.com and that does not include the posts here and elsewhere. I dare him to put up or shut up! Use Linux for 9 years and then he can say that Linux sucks. I've used your precious M$ OS for that long, and I think I have more right to say regarding what sucks than you do!! Mr.DoomAss!!!

Typical Zombie whine:

"I've tried Linux, and I don't like it, it sucks!"

Boo Hoo! Whaaaa! Whaaaa!
*meow!* I didn't say Linux was easier, I said it was better, Dumbass!

Zombie9920

• Kudos: 33
MS Gamer Bashing
« Reply #29 on: 13 November 2002, 21:47 »
quote:
Oh where to start. I'm not even going to get into any details. Talking to Zombie is a waste of breath. Every single point he tried to make is false. Things like RPM being a knockoff of a Winodows installer is laughable. RPM is 10000% more functional than a Windows installer, there is no resemblance. Try recompiling Word with the Windows installer.

You are right about taking a break from work though. But when I do it, I actually do it, that is I get away from the computer, I don't play computer games. I go outside and have fun with things like flying airplanes and riding dirt bikes. Maybe Zombie should get out more often.

You stupid fuck. If you are up at 3 in the morning working you are not going to go outside and fly an airplane for a break. You see, when people like me do work with thier computer they do it late at night because during the day there are more important things to take care of like going to work(the workplace..not working in Office, Photoshop, etc.), hang out with friends and have a few drinks after work, go satisy the g/f and other stuff a normal person would do during the day.

BTW, going out and flying an airplane is not my idea of something constructive to do on a daily basis(flying an airplane is something good to do occasionally with your kid and woman). If I want good recreational time I would rather take my g/f(and a few friends) camping, fishing or hunting before I would go out and fly a stupid plane with them.

[ November 13, 2002: Message edited by: Zombie9920 ]