Author Topic: MS to share Source Code to China.  (Read 2203 times)

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
MS to share Source Code to China.
« Reply #15 on: 9 March 2003, 13:10 »
The Macro$uck saga just keeps getting more hilarious all the time. Just when you think it just can't get any better...    :eek:  

During the anti-trust trial, Jim Allchin swears in testimony that Winderz is such a piece of shit that they couldn't possibly let anyone see the code as that would pose a threat to nat'l security. (That must be some shitty code.    :D   )

Then His Gatesness promises to show the Chinese gov't all this very same shitty code that can never see the light of day lest US security be compromised! Remember, these guys used to be called the "Red Chinese", and they are still a communistic gov't that has no particular good feelings for the US. It wasn't all that long ago that they forced down a US surveillance plane flying in Int'l Airspace. And unlike Saddam, they have new-cue-lar weapons and ICBMs.

So which is it: is Jim Allchin a lying bastard who needs to go down for purjury, or is His Gatesness a traitor?      

(Probably the main truth here is that Winderz code is every bit as shitty as Allchin said it was in court. If the Chinese run true to form, we'll all know about it in a few months anyway.    ;)  )

If software can be free, why can't dolphins?
Live Free or Die: Linux

Tattooed

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #16 on: 9 March 2003, 21:01 »
Wonder what the Chineese will think of TCPA/Palldium?  I bet they will love that  

edisav

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: 10 March 2003, 01:47 »
Big time asshole bill gates is starting to get desparate.

First he laughed at Linux and called it a cancer; and it certainly is.......it's a colon cancer eating up gates' ass that has him holding his ass with both hands.

Second, he started releasing code to "certain contries" (the ones he likes).

Now, he releases it to China where a bunch of folks have already boot-legged windoze a zillion times. As someone wrote it before, maybe the Chinese government is concerned about backdoors to their computer system and now that they have the code, their computer gurus can figure it out some backdoors to our computer systems.

Way to go Billy!!!! I wonder what will be his next step. He's obviously trying to put his colon cancer in remission, though a little too late!

Go Linux!!!!

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #18 on: 10 March 2003, 02:59 »
i suspect MS are just trying to give open source software a bad name by 'opening' their software.

if they try and use the word 'fredom' though i can bet they'll be taken to court yet again by somebody...
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism

jtpenrod

• VIP
  • Kudos: 105
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2003, 08:18 »
quote:
Big time asshole bill gates is starting to get desparate.
Oh, he's getting desperate all right. However, this desperation has damn little to do with Linux. See M$ Fraud Facts for some in-depth analysis of M$ and the financial grave they've dug for themselves. In brief, M$ has long gotten away with paying off its employees unusually low salaries in exchange for  stock options. So long as M$ could grow its markets, and so long as the stock market kept going up, there was no problem in doing this. However, M$ has saturated its market so far as being to sell more versions of Winderz. They have no source of income other than Winderz and, perhaps, office suites. They've failed in every other market, such as interactive TV, and they're losing money with the X-Crox.

Already, we've seen Paul Allen sell off almost all of his M$ shares to preserve his (ass)ets, and resign from the Board of Directors. Let a few more highly-placed rats abandon ship, and all those employees hanging onto their options in the hopes of stricking it rich, as some actually did at first, then we'll see that that $43 billion in cash reserves isn't really all that much. The financials for M$ are nowhere near as rosy as they'd have you believe. If they can't maintain their growth, and prop up the price of their stock, then they've had it.

His Gatesness would do anything to be able to get into China: he doesn't have much choice in the matter.

Their fundamental design flaws are completely concealed by their superficial desigtn flaws.
Live Free or Die: Linux

Calum

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 1000
    • Calum Carlyle's music
« Reply #20 on: 10 March 2003, 13:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by jtpenrod:
The Macro$uck saga just keeps getting more hilarious all the time. Just when you think it just can't get any better...     :eek:  

During the anti-trust trial, Jim Allchin swears in testimony that Winderz is such a piece of shit that they couldn't possibly let anyone see the code as that would pose a threat to nat'l security. (That must be some shitty code.     :D    )

Then His Gatesness promises to show the Chinese gov't all this very same shitty code that can never see the light of day lest US security be compromised! Remember, these guys used to be called the "Red Chinese", and they are still a communistic gov't that has no particular good feelings for the US. It wasn't all that long ago that they forced down a US surveillance plane flying in Int'l Airspace. And unlike Saddam, they have new-cue-lar weapons and ICBMs.

So which is it: is Jim Allchin a lying bastard who needs to go down for purjury, or is His Gatesness a traitor?      

(Probably the main truth here is that Winderz code is every bit as shitty as Allchin said it was in court. If the Chinese run true to form, we'll all know about it in a few months anyway.     ;)   )

well this just illustrates the fact that if a government puts its trust in a private company, they will get shafted when that private company's interests no longer agree with those of the government.
To Gates, it's just business, he does what he has to to try and maximise sales. it's only going to be the US government (who are only one of many customers after all) who gets pissed off if gates compromises US security, and i doubt they will have a case either if they try and prosecute him, i mean why did they put all that national security in the hands of a private interest in the first place?
nope, Peru has a much sounder plan in my opinion.
visit these websites and make yourself happy forever:
It's my music! | My music on MySpace | Integrational Polytheism