Operating Systems > Not Quite Mainstream OSes

ReactOS 0.2.5 Relesed

<< < (3/3)

Aloone_Jonez:
Oh sorry, I'd forgotten about FreeDOS.

Anyway I found DOS worse than Windows because if a DOS program crashes the whole operating system for sure. Now DOS under an extender was much better and some DOS extenders even supported 32-bit Windows console programs like WDOSX for example.

Oh soryy for not mentioning that FreeDOS is way better than MS-DOS.

anphanax:
MORE doesn't come with the OS?
Why isn't the /P switch for DIR implemented, if MORE isn't included (/w cmd.exe)?
Why is Notepad.exe in the System32 directory (it belongs in C:\ReactOS\)?
Why does it work in QEMU, but not with Virtual PC?
Why is winefile.exe so SLOW?
Why did someone choose PINK for the start menu's sidebar picture?

When this thing gets further along, I get the feeling it will be branching into multiple distributions...

/me wonders how they're handling the MouseEnter and MouseLeave events.

Hope they're keeping it simple:
If WndMouseOver is diff from PrevWndMouseOver, Send MouseEnter to WndMouseOver and MouseLeave to PrevWndMouseOver. And yes, I know it's more complicated than that thanks to something called Z-Order. There's an API in user32.dll that returns what window the mouse is over though (Get mouse position, then use WindowFromPoint I believe). Hopefully any VB programmers who come here just learned how to do something that VB6 is missing. Just like decent sockets support, which is a nightmare to try and do in VB6. You guys REALLY need to move either to .NET or C++ (Which is still technically a move to .NET, if you get VC7). And also, yes, you could hook the events for the hWnd, but I don't see VB coders doing that.

/me also wonders if they're working on an equivalent to NTVDM.

/me also wonders if their copy of win32k.sys keeps true to the one in Windows NT (ya know, that library with EngBitBlt and other stuff).

Maybe i'll quit being lazy and look at the code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version