Miscellaneous > Programming & Networking

Hacking texts/books

<< < (5/5)

Kintaro:
Im there talkin to you be hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
acid for all!

beltorak0:
I found the few illustrations of tcp attacks in "Building Linux and OpenBSD Firewalls" very instructive.  Excellent book (Wes Sonnenreich and Tom Yates); the Teardrop attack was, umm, hillarious.  I think it was patched a few years ago, but I'm not sure about that...

mental note: when coding a program that accepts data from a source that could have possibly come from a user, always always always check for validity....

Generally any book that explains the details of securing a system from attacks will cover a lot of groundwork about how attacks work.  Elias Levy, ?the? moderator for BugTraq, recommends "Hacking Exposed" which I took a brief look through a few years ago.  Interview with Elias  I don't want to get shot at for being a script kiddie, so I guess I'll stop here...  I think I want to do network security when I grow up....

-t.

voidmain:
Someone gave me the latest copy of Hacking Exposed. I suppose if you are new to system administration and computer/network security it might be helpful but I found it rather lame. I don't particularly like to buy any books at all any more as they become dated so quickly. Once you get the basics there is far more up to date info out on the net if you know what you are looking for. But I guess books like Hacking Exposed would be good for getting up to speed.

Kintaro:
if u w4nt t00 h4x0r r3ad d1s...

To hack you need to things, an axe and a computer. You use them by hitting the computer continually.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version