Author Topic: fucking idiots  (Read 2025 times)

WindowsRULES

• Kudos: 0
fucking idiots
« Reply #15 on: 27 June 2003, 11:25 »
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrad:
He/she undoubtedly believes that if Microsoft was to open up the source code to its products, it would have no income, and would die off. Let

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #16 on: 27 June 2003, 11:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by Laukev7:

WTFAYTA???    :confused:      :confused:      :confused:  

IRCATHWTTM!!!  

Laukev7

• VIP
  • Kudos: 495
fucking idiots
« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2003, 11:40 »
UH??? You don't even know what open source is about! Open source isn't just a matter between you and a few partners! When you open your source, you make it freely available for the whole community to benefit of it, to modify it, correct some bugs, add some features or use it as part of their work. Whether you agree with this method or not is up to you, but at least make sure you know what the hell you're talking about.

<ad hominem>
Or unless you're just a troll and just want to attract attention. In that case, be my guest; this forum is starting to get boring.   ;)  
</ad hominem>

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #18 on: 27 June 2003, 11:47 »
quote:
UH??? You don't even know what open source is about! Open source isn't just a matter between you and a few partners! When you open your source, you make it freely available for the whole community to benefit of it, to modify it, correct some bugs, add some features or use it as part of their work. Whether you agree with this method or not is up to you, but at least make sure you know what the hell you're talking about.

<ad hominem>
Or unless you're just a troll and just want to attract attention. In that case, be my guest; this forum is starting to get boring.    ;)  
</ad hominem>

*yawn* thx I know what "open source" means..duh

and the bigger picture is there are TWO concepts...you keep it to yourself or you give it away.

I offered two situations, one..I kept it to myself and two...the guy didn't. Try to draw a comparison.

(I'll help if you need it)

SUN gotted F*cked by MS on Java cause they didn't "keep it to themselves". One "party" exposed themselves to another "second party" (in the case of "open source" this party would be "everyone" to which you refer [user "nobody" or "iusr_whatever", if that helps you understand]) and shouldn't have.

Everytime you make something open source you shoot yourself in the foot.

Try to draw comparisons here, this isn't math.

Laukev7

• VIP
fucking idiots
« Reply #19 on: 27 June 2003, 11:58 »
I don't entirely agree with the open source movement myself, but what you just posted doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I don't think you understand what open source is about, even if you think you do. Java isn't even open source; this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #20 on: 27 June 2003, 12:39 »
quote:
I don't entirely agree with the open source movement myself, but what you just posted doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I don't think you understand what open source is about, even if you think you do. Java isn't even open source; this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

I'm NOT REFERING TO THE DAMN DEFINITION of OPEN SOURCE!!!!

I'm Talking about the concept of keeping industry secrets to yourself vs. NOT!!!

open souce totally bypasses that ability.

since you "don't entirely agree with open source movement" we should be on the same plain here, I don't get why you don't follow me   :confused:

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #21 on: 27 June 2003, 12:44 »
quote:
Originally posted by jtpenrod:
It wasn't "piracy" since that was what source code was: information to be shared, critiqued, worked on, improved. The concept that this was "stealing" was strictly His Gatesness' idea.

That was M$'s one and only true "innovation"

Am I the only one around here that understands the concept of intellectual property?

You got any music CD's there or just MP3's off the internet?

LordWiccara

• http://imdeadinside.servehttp.com
fucking idiots
« Reply #22 on: 27 June 2003, 17:53 »
for some reason, i find you amusing
"One World, One Web, One Program " --Microsoft AD
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Furher" (One World, One Realm[or country], One leader) --Adolf Hitler

http://imdeadinside.servehttp.com

-Mike-

Laukev7

• VIP
fucking idiots
« Reply #23 on: 27 June 2003, 17:56 »
quote:
I'm NOT REFERING TO THE DAMN DEFINITION of OPEN SOURCE!!!!

You would have much more credibility if you write in plain, clear, well-thought out sentences rather than overusing caps and exclamation marks. Also, you were very unclear when you were talking about how Sun got "f*cked up" by Microsoft, particularly where grammar was concerned. And I was not referring to the definition of open source, I was pointing out that you were using a inadequate example to illustrate a concept you did not seem to fully understand.

Laukev7

• VIP
fucking idiots
« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2003, 18:01 »
quote:
open souce totally bypasses that ability.

This is exactly what I consider a major weak point of open source. I did not say, however, that it did not have its advantages. This is why open source, like other business models, should be only be used if it benefits the company(provided, of course, that it does not hurt customers or competitors). For example, you might want to open source technologies which aren't exclusive anymore to accelerate their development and correct bugs, but it wouldn't make sense to do that if you invested millions in R&D to invent something totally new.

quote:
Am I the only one around here that understands the concept of intellectual property?

I understand that perfectly well. Maybe you should read my arguments in the thread on mp3 "sharing" in the Lounge.

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #25 on: 27 June 2003, 23:21 »
quote:

You would have much more credibility if you write in plain, clear, well-thought out sentences rather than overusing caps and exclamation marks.

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!

FUCK YOU, YOU CONDISENDING PRICK!!!

I'LL TYPE HOW I WANT, DON'T READ IT OR REPLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!!

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #26 on: 27 June 2003, 23:23 »
quote:

This is exactly what I consider a major weak point of open source. I did not say, however, that it did not have its advantages. This is why open source, like other business models, should be only be used if it benefits the company(provided, of course, that it does not hurt customers or competitors). For example, you might want to open source technologies which aren't exclusive anymore to accelerate their development and correct bugs, but it wouldn't make sense to do that if you invested millions in R&D to invent something totally new.

I'll agree with you here.

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #27 on: 27 June 2003, 23:24 »
quote:
Originally posted by ArmTheHomeless:
for some reason, i find you amusing

Probably cause you lead a sheltered life and don't get out much.

M51DPS

• VIP
  • Kudos: 30
fucking idiots
« Reply #28 on: 27 June 2003, 23:50 »
quote:
Originally posted by WindowsRULES:

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME!!!!

FUCK YOU, YOU CONDISENDING PRICK!!!

I'LL TYPE HOW I WANT, DON'T READ IT OR REPLY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO!!

Now you finally understand! We don't want to listen to you if you have horrible grammer and overuse the caps lock. If you're presenting a rational side of a disagreement, you have much more credibility if everything is well thought out. By the way, "condisending" is spelled condescending, asshole.

WindowsRULES

fucking idiots
« Reply #29 on: 27 June 2003, 23:52 »
quote:
Originally posted by M51DPS:

Now you finally understand! We don't want to listen to you if you have horrible grammer and overuse the caps lock. If you're presenting a rational side of a disagreement, you have much more credibility if everything is well thought out. By the way, "condisending" is spelled condescending, asshole.

askjfl;jkf;k