Author Topic: Please help these poor misguided souls  (Read 5481 times)

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
ARGH!!! Is it time to switch to linux?
« Reply #30 on: 1 February 2006, 17:19 »
Quote from: MSnumber1
Hey guys, every couple months M$ Winbloze crashes on me because my registry goes bad on me. I'm almost ready to give up on M$ and install Linux. Do you guys have any suggestions before I format my hard drive?

LOL. :D
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu:

Orethrius

• Kudos: 982
Re: ARGH!!! Is it time to switch to linux?
« Reply #31 on: 7 December 2007, 12:10 »
Backup your important files first.  You wouldn't want to lose them because of an OS switch.  Better yet, create a separate partition for them.

(sorry for the necroslap, but I figure this comment was better made late than never) :D

Proudly posted from a Gentoo Linux system.

Quote from: Calum
even if you're renting you've got more rights than if you're using windows.

System Vitals

Refalm

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 704
  • Sjembek!
    • RADIOKNOP
Re: Please help these poor misguided souls
« Reply #32 on: 7 December 2007, 17:08 »
The sad part of this, that your best option for a seperate data partition is FAT32, if you're planning to dual boot Linux and Windows.

By Microsoft not supporting Ext3, they are making Windows favourable in this case.

SiMuLaCrUm

• Kudos: 143
  • OMGWTFBBQ
« Reply #33 on: 8 December 2007, 00:07 »
Yeah, and I'm a member of the Microsoft Syternals forums, but I do not force open source down people's throats. I only use it for troubleshooting help.
Proudly posted on a computer

Aloone_Jonez

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 954
« Reply #34 on: 8 December 2007, 13:39 »
Quote from: Refalm
The sad part of this, that your best option for a seperate data partition is FAT32, if you're planning to dual boot Linux and Windows.

By Microsoft not supporting Ext3, they are making Windows favourable in this case.

You can get freware ext3 drivers for Windows and full read/write support under Linux with NTFS-3G.
This is not a Windows help forum, however please do feel free to sign up and agree or disagree with our views on Microsoft.

Oh and FUCKMicrosoft! :fu: